Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

The regular issue with the sender was this: the floating barrel that moves the potentiometer cracks and fills up with some petrol. The low fuel amber light is separate, and you can trust that one to perform even if the level sender is not true.

For maximum originality you should search for OEM sparkplugs: the elusive Sinterom 14NP21.

Which way are you intending to come back?

Through Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine?

And how long do you think it will take you?

I agree with Skizzer, buy a fuel can ( or find an old plastic 5 litre ) & put a 1/2 gall in it - just for peace of mind. I'd add a further plastic 5 litre of water too, and perhaps a small can of oil in case it's a burner. For insurance I'd add a small brake fluid, just as a safety measure.

You want to get it back in good nick, (not borked, on a low loader) and right now you've no way of knowing if it's a leaker or burner.

Easier to get stuff now, than out in the boonies ( & there are plenty before you get back!)

Bon voyage...

no boot strots on a renner 12 but that hinged stay on the left side has got an spring in it to assist with boot liftings and you can tell mr beard2 that it doesnt need releasing like a british leyland bonnet stay like we say him trinying to attempt in the vid

must say there is some "project drive" evident on this motah our 1972 renner 12 estate had an opening glove box whereas yours doesnt

p.s have you found the "secret" hidey hole under the boot floor yet?

I wanted a 1325! Very rare. Haven't seen one yet.

We are aiming to reach Serbia today, then Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia. I think. We are avoiding Germany. We won't have mobile coverage in Serbia or Bosnia, so you may not hear much from us until Croatia. One thing to do today is stock up on spares. Shame it's a bank holiday then...

I wanted a 1325! Very rare. Haven't seen one yet.

We are aiming to reach Serbia today, then Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia.

You're doing the reverse route to Craig the Princess, Mrs CtP and myself then.  If you venture into Belgrade beware that all road signs seem designed to stop you ever escaping.

We took the Allegro over the Transfagarasan; no snow but fog and freezing cold.  And lots (and lots) of stalls selling any type of tat at the top.

It dumped most of its screenwash at the Brico Mart, which was alarming. The pump explodes into pieces if you operate it. However, we now have good wiper blades. Cats has made several attempts to sort out the gear linkage, but no joy so far. We're back near where we bought it. The seller is raising a scrappy for nuts.

There looks to be loads of space in the engine bay, so for now any screenwash reservoir and pump could be made to fit. I assume you have gaffer tape and cable ties ;)

Or go with the patented 320T high-tech solution of an old pepsi bottle full of water rolling around in the passenger footwell, as I got when I collected the raffle win E36 in January.

Stop in Ljubljana in Slovenia if you can, architecture, food and people are all fantastic. There's a brilliant pizza place called Emonska Klet just off Kongresni Trg (Congressional square).

Lake Bled also worth a detour, absolutely stunning.

Can't wait for updates!