Aaaaaaaand we're back.
The other rear quarter didn't require quite so much TLC, so the smaller available repair panel was hacked about by Laurence to suit the car rather than vice versa, which made a refreshing change.
There has been much necessary social distancing since lockdown began but Laurence kept busy on the car, even though it's definitely not going to see a race track this season. This is what I found when I re-entered the SL Racing 'bubble' recently...
All the grim seam-sealing jobs - which I really wasn't looking forward to - had been done! We decided that it was time to crack on and get the shell finished, so we both arranged a few days off work, some of which even coincided.
Laurence made a good start on the lower screen panel, meaning the new spot-welder (actually older than the other one) could be deployed for that 'factory' look. Obviously, to achieve this, we had to ensure that our work wasn't too precise or tidy and on this score we did well.
That's the screen panel welded in, ground back and etch-primed. A few dabs of wob then a coat or two of high-build primer and all will be hunky-dory.