What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yesterday a customer comes in for an mot.He has had to move workshops and is now in North Bretton,Peterborough. Told his new workshop neighbours he was coming here for an mot. "ooh, he's too strict .I know a place you can get an mot no questions for £60. " Don't recall people from that area coming here but let's have a look at last months figures shall we.

Tests done last month 165 (I had a few days off)  National average 46.

Time taken 43 minutes. National average 44 minutes.

Tests failed 30%. National average 33%.

Yeah that looks strict.

Second highest crime rate in the worst area in Britain to live is........North Bretton. Nah, don't want or need your custom anyway matey.Think I will stick with my Stamford and local villages customers thanks.Oh, and my customer's car passed.

My Mrs has had this week off, so obviously I haven't.

Except today. All I've done today is go for petrol, I've picked a few tomatoes, watered my spider plants and looked at the tv for half an hour. And tonight she's taking me out for tea (sexual equality works both ways)

It's hilarious watching her, she's like a cat on a hot tin roof. She can't deal with lounging around doing fuck all.

I've also sworn at the bodge I've done on a damaged radiator that isn't holding water.

I've been to see that DS.

I think it needs more welding than my skills can cope with.

It does look complete.... maybe a few beers will change my mind.

I recon 1400 euro will buy it.

If anyone wants it I can pass on the sellers number. He's Dutch so speaks good English. Car is near St Locd.thumb.jpg.ba123e0c6688513a37ed04a87ef38317.jpgcd3.thumb.jpg.3714fa8a297be3c63da18cfcf1f6830b.jpgcd6.thumb.jpg.bca4f29607824001f21c50de52cd1936.jpg

On 7/29/2019 at 2:40 PM, New POD said:

Someone should call the child protection team from the local council.

FORCED to Join a Cult at an early age.

Forced into wearing of cult uniforms, and attend cult events.

Taught extremist right wing views

Made to look happy, probably tortured into it. 

Poor Sod.

You're not even kidding; JRM senior is a catholic fundamentalist.

1 hour ago, Frogchod said:

If anyone wants it I can pass on the sellers number. He's Dutch so speaks good English. Car is near St Locd.thumb.jpg.ba123e0c6688513a37ed04a87ef38317.jpgcd3.thumb.jpg.3714fa8a297be3c63da18cfcf1f6830b.jpgcd6.thumb.jpg.bca4f29607824001f21c50de52cd1936.jpg

Mot exempt innit

A bit random, but I was lent a Va**hall Meriva by the garage the other day, in smol diesel engine flavour.
It's the first manual car I've driven properly for a while (probably 8 months or so) and I surprisingly enjoyed it, ignoring the driving position, and general shitness of the car.
As it wasn't particularly powerful you needed to use the box properly to get a decent turn of speed and overtake stuff, and I quite enjoyed it.

I think I might have to get something manual in the fleet legal (once the current round of dailies are fixed).

A bit random, but I was lent a Va**hall Meriva by the garage the other day, in smol diesel engine flavour.
It's the first manual car I've driven properly for a while (probably 8 months or so) and I surprisingly enjoyed it, ignoring the driving position, and general shitness of the car.
As it wasn't particularly powerful you needed to use the box properly to get a decent turn of speed and overtake stuff, and I quite enjoyed it.
I think I might have to get something manual in the fleet legal (once the current round of dailies are fixed).
The UMM?

5 hours ago, Frogchod said:

Have you drunk enough yet? I have no doubt it will be an expensive, ungratful son of a bitch, but if you don't it will always be the one you regret not buying.

On 7/28/2019 at 7:25 PM, chaseracer said:

Brownnova and Mrsbrownnova have just got spliced.

image.png

Lovely.

Nice cake, too ?

Thanking you all for the congratulations. 

Much merriment was had on the particular day after some slight mishaps such as my reversing @brownnova‘s Saab into his Mazda MX5 (the only damage was to the car shaped cake which was unfortunately being kept ‘safe’ in the boot) and the slight inconvenience of a missing wedding ring. 

Anywho, after all the enjoyment, back to house cleaning, garage painting and discussing if a wardrobe and a bed are absolutely necessary when you’ve been gifted wedding money that could be spent on another car. 

Unfortunately, the furniture won (damn being a responsible adult) and Mr B and I put our relationship to the test and went to Ikea. As the evidence had already presented itself, I left the heavy trolley driving to my better half as I didn’t want to be responsible for wiping out aisle 8-21 of the collection warehouse. I mean, who even makes trolleys without reversing lights anyway? ? 

On 7/30/2019 at 9:17 PM, catsinthewelder said:

This is Norman

IMG_20190730_211017078.thumb.jpg.0389dfe8cef9abeb30c9bb2885e446aa.jpg

He or possibly she is the only survivor of a nest falling off a customers wall in last weeks storms.  Hopefully it can fly away in a few weeks with the wild ones.  I hope it will take to eating insects as it is mostly eating mince at the moment.

Mealworms from your local petshop

7 hours ago, omegod said:

Regarding the peeled transit, I have been shown how newer transits are being nicked, it's unbelievably easy, involves no damage, takes 2 minutes and I'd never ever have one !! 

My mate and I both had same age transits when we shared a flat together about 5 years ago. They were 2010 models. Mine was sign written and I kept a disclok on it after watching videos on how easy they were to nick. Guess whos was stolen one night. We both got up to go to work and wondered where it was. We couldn't remember if we left it at the pub the night before. He was a self employed plasterer with 3 plasterers worth of tools inside. Cost him a fortune to replace it all. I still use the disclok on my custom.

I've seen the metropolitan knocking about a few times. I was walking into Shields and spied it in a back lane. I had a good crack with the elderly owner of these two. I never knew the Nash was made by Austin of it had an a series for that matter. He loves nowt better than driving/tinkering with them. He doesn't really do shows though.6864c31b8c467c4da2a8608caf0a8c86.jpge2b698969fb1b434d798359d64eeb32b.jpg7bb48c1b2c6f67e2ef4cfc24ee11e802.jpg5a77f33c250106ea5161fd09d7af288b.jpg787e844763a3fec76eecf0c1f2fcccb8.jpg53cbde81085ccbaeef549faafeb23de5.jpgc0b05202a01fab4ac0f3eb4e621cee25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is a grump or a smilie, but my new Rover licking friend at the garage takes his customer's cars down to another village just a couple of miles away for MOT. He has been conducting an experiment over the past ELEVEN years in which he uses a crap old motor, currently a Focus,  to get back to his premises after dropping a car off for test. He passes an ANPR camera several times a day, and none of these cars have ever been taxed.

I was into my Pokemon cards back in the day. My mum and dad recently moved house and I was handed a box of odds and ends, among them a little binder with some Pokemon cards in it...

Put a couple on eBay last week and sold them for decent coin (£15 between two cards). Been doing a bit of reading into them, how to identify them etc. I have one the exact same as this from the same print run etc and in very similar condition;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/173893551026?item=173893551026&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

£722 for a Pokemon card!?!?

Taking detailed photos, listing mine at a 99p start and then holding on... hopefully a nice little earner. I'll keep a couple of them for old times sake, but I'm far too nervous to sit on something like that hoping it's value increases.