What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Had a good afternoon carefully washing, claying, waxing and polishing the Daewoo, cleaning all the glass, using the special trim cleaner on the window rubbers and other bits and finally carefully (slowly) cleaning the wheels with the magic cleaning gloop which failed to clean the Saab wheels.

My arms and legs ache but I am very satisfied with my work. The Daewoo now looks really good.

Tomorrow I'll turn my attention to the interior then get some pics of my work for the thread on the modernz forum. All thats left after this is another service to flush out the last of the manky old oil, and whatever has been flushed out with the new stuff over the last 2000 miles and then its pretty much as good as it can get. Its very therapeutic.

Since I put my Saab up for sale, it has developed a couple of minor faults. 

Driving home from the FotU across country reminded me what a stonking car this really is, both in power delivery and handling.

So I'm getting the faults fixed and keeping it. Took it to Abbott Racing yesterday, who were extremely helpful (unlike my local Saab garage) so booked it in for next week for them to properly check it over and fix the bits I know that need doing.

13 hours ago, Stanky said:

Had a good afternoon carefully washing, claying, waxing and polishing the Daewoo, cleaning all the glass, using the special trim cleaner on the window rubbers and other bits and finally carefully (slowly) cleaning the wheels with the magic cleaning gloop which failed to clean the Saab wheels.

My arms and legs ache but I am very satisfied with my work. The Daewoo now looks really good.

Tomorrow I'll turn my attention to the interior then get some pics of my work for the thread on the modernz forum. All thats left after this is another service to flush out the last of the manky old oil, and whatever has been flushed out with the new stuff over the last 2000 miles and then its pretty much as good as it can get. Its very therapeutic.

I spent half a day washing,cleaning and hoovering the Subaru prior to its pregleg (mot) last Friday

Must have looked like a really well looked after car as the tester drove it into the test area,turned the stereo way up,and had a little dance as he checked the number plates matched....

Nothing else,just the plates...

Got my shiny new sticker for 35lev,about £15 to you guys

Then went out and celebrated my 50th for the rest of the day

On 7/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, barefoot said:

I've just been looking at the news & I spotted a matching pair of reece-moggs!

How fucking cool is that? I wish my lad Bernard, wanted to be a mini me.

0_mogg-use.jpg.e803be16eec939d1f092c17442792a47.jpg

And obvs apologies if it's too politic.

He looks like he's been picked up directly from school for toffs just for that picture 

Note to self : when getting thoroughly pissed off with a stripped screw to the extent even an impact driver won't shift it, put spectacles on, look at said screw and then identify it has a hex-shape and can simply be cracked off with a ratchet and appropriate socket.

Twat.

39 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

This is Norman

IMG_20190730_211017078.thumb.jpg.0389dfe8cef9abeb30c9bb2885e446aa.jpg

He or possibly she is the only survivor of a nest falling off a customers wall in last weeks storms.  Hopefully it can fly away in a few weeks with the wild ones.  I hope it will take to eating insects as it is mostly eating mince at the moment.

Maybe you should train it to try linguine.

2 hours ago, Joey spud said:

FB_IMG_1563899064548.thumb.jpg.b7741898b8c86ba2b83b2f7800167536.jpg

fuckity fuck fuck...

I bet that was a spit their tea out moment as he went past 

I saw a transit car transporter with a vauxhall Movano van on it on the M62 at oldham heading straight for the weighbridge , but they weren't there 

If it was empty as delivered new I'd think he was 700kg overloaded