What car did you *just* miss out on owning, and you wish you didn't?

OM646

Whilst pulling parts for my Manta in the late 80s at Clwyd Breakers Wrexham,the young lad Danny had just dragged in a very early mk1 Capri that had been stripped and prepped for a respray. I wasn't much of a Ford fanboy so turned down his offer of a couple of hundred quid.

One I probably kick myself the most over was an early 80s Oldsmobile Delta 88 *DIESEL* which popped up for sale locally on the side of the road.  I thought at first glance it was a bit rich but changed my mind about an hour later and went back - it had sold by then!

I've also missed two Cherokees that sold between me leaving the house to view them and arriving at the seller's location.

The only one that comes to mind is a Nissan Skyline R32 GTST right before the prices went well and truly mental. Had a look at it once but wasn’t sure, after going away for a couple hours I decided to have it and rang the guy to say I was coming to leave a deposit. Just as I got there the car was just disappearing up the road sold to someone else. Probably a blessing in disguise it was properly haggard!