What’s happened to HMC’s mega thread?

Peter C

Driven away by what? An entirely enjoyable thread about one man's odyssey to buy every bit of slightly shonky old tat in the UK. 'not enjoyable' is taking a break from the internet and driving your shite somewhere nice; deleting a thread is well beyond 'not enjoyable' and into 'toys out of pram'. Sadface.

9 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Driven away by what? An entirely enjoyable thread about one man's odyssey to buy every bit of slightly shonky old tat in the UK. 'not enjoyable' is taking a break from the internet and driving your shite somewhere nice; deleting a thread is well beyond 'not enjoyable' and into 'toys out of pram'. Sadface.

Whatever it is about the forum that has caused so many members to leave and/or delete their threads I guess. Everyone will interpret their own enjoyment differently to someone else, so there's no right or wrong. Maybe he didn't want his thread on Autoshite anymore if something has upset him. There doesn't need to be a public fight (as is so often the case) before someone hands in their membership. 

I agree, it's a real shame. I can't help but think its going to be detrimental to the Forum in the long term if it loses its backbone, surely a snowball effect, if HMC's thread was the last one that people enjoy then they'll also leave, and then others will leave. The shite in miniature thread is commonly referred to as the sole remaining attraction to some people here, it's a shame if it's come to that. Something must have changed and driven them away 

I think some folk were looking up the MOT history of some of his purchases and making disparaging remarks. What HMC spends his money on is up to HMC-why people have got to be so petty is beyond me. When he sold them (usually for a bargain price) full details were there. Another fantastic poster driven away by idiots.

4 minutes ago, Stevebrookman said:

I think some folk were looking up the MOT history of some of his purchases and making disparaging remarks. What HMC spends his money on is up to HMC-why people have got to be so petty is beyond me. When he sold them (usually for a bargain price) full details were there. Another fantastic poster driven away by idiots.

I didn't see that, but if that was happening it's a fucking shame; do people not have anything better to do than take shots at someone sharing their lovely old rammel?

4 minutes ago, Stevebrookman said:

Another fantastic poster driven away by idiots.

Remember the old saying,

"Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me".

If you get upset by what people say about you or your hobbies or car purchases on the internet you really shouldn't be on it in the first place.