What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 hours ago, Sealtainn said:

Playing Forza Horizon 4 on my Xbox and discovering that some enterprising so-and-so has uploaded a design for the 2CV so I can drive my very own Elly ?

889465C3-6D33-410D-872D-02F07359719C.jpeg

can you still get the Round headlamp 2CV's in FH4? that would finish off the Elly look nicely (esp if you can get a stripy roof :) )

I know in Forza 7 when they introduced the 2CV it had Round head lamps but in FH4 it became the James bond 2CV, which was when the 2CV had rectangular head lamps

gives me an excuse to post this again :mrgreen:

a couple capacitors one for each of the 1000W metal halide M47 autotransformer ballasts I have arrived in the post today (Previously I was using a bunch of smaller capacitors in parallel that I had robbed from other places where they where needed)

and I had a chuckle at the manufacture name :) 

image.thumb.png.40746e6223bb4445a80a190aaa4a32bd.png

The Archbishop of Canterbury has been speaking about the need to be social on social media.  This from today’s Guardian:

Welby said: “We don’t want people to [use] jargon in a way that ontologically results in some epistemological confusion.“

Mods, please be vigilant.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, davehedgehog31 said:

I was into my Pokemon cards back in the day. My mum and dad recently moved house and I was handed a box of odds and ends, among them a little binder with some Pokemon cards in it...

Put a couple on eBay last week and sold them for decent coin (£15 between two cards). Been doing a bit of reading into them, how to identify them etc. I have one the exact same as this from the same print run etc and in very similar condition;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/173893551026?item=173893551026&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

£722 for a Pokemon card!?!?

Taking detailed photos, listing mine at a 99p start and then holding on... hopefully a nice little earner. I'll keep a couple of them for old times sake, but I'm far too nervous to sit on something like that hoping it's value increases. 

So - I put 8 cards up in total last week. 

The really valuable one is still ongoing, one didn't sell and the six others sold for between £4 and £42 and netted me a cool £109.60 after postage etc. 

The one from the post above ends in just under 2 hours and is up to £98.75, hopefully a late flurry to come from the 30 odd watchers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Near-Mint-4th-Print-1999-2000-Base-Set-Charizard-Pokemon-Card-Holo-Holographic/273953385185

A nice little earner from a loft find. 

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

I've joined the Rover 75 forum. They all seem very, very old & sensible. I might attend the meeting in September...

You may find me, I'm older on there. I only drop in about twice a year so probably invisible by now.

You can often find a bargain, when people run out of patience and / or cash.

4 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

So - I put 8 cards up in total last week. 

The really valuable one is still ongoing, one didn't sell and the six others sold for between £4 and £42 and netted me a cool £109.60 after postage etc. 

The one from the post above ends in just under 2 hours and is up to £98.75, hopefully a late flurry to come from the 30 odd watchers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Near-Mint-4th-Print-1999-2000-Base-Set-Charizard-Pokemon-Card-Holo-Holographic/273953385185

A nice little earner from a loft find. 

Well that went for a nice free tank of fuel and a free kebab, nice!

10 hours ago, Skizzer said:

The Archbishop of Canterbury has been speaking about the need to be social on social media.  This from today’s Guardian:

Welby said: “We don’t want people to [use] jargon in a way that ontologically results in some epistemological confusion.“

Mods, please be vigilant.

Isn't that an ecumenical question?