What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I got sent a picture of me by my mate of yesterday where I was at a car clubs meet at a local charity event, the bloke who runs the club asked if I'd dress as spiderman for a bit and walk around with another great lad dressed as batman who had a charity bucket for the neo natal unit at the local hospital, it was a great laugh

post-4828-0-17434300-1462180060_thumb.jpg

post-4828-0-03340800-1462180445_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic I took next to my mates Vectra estate

post-4828-0-96512500-1462181736_thumb.jpg

We hit the 2p shuffles HARD in Yarmouth last weekend. Came back with a proper haul, thanks to some quite lenient arcade that said if something is touching the glass they'll take it out for you.Agree that the best approach for grabs is two at once though, they choose grab size to be ever so slightly larger than the prize so double prize scuppers that.

We did the same in Poole last week. Felt a little but common sat there with £8 of 2ps bashing them into the machine but I emptied 6 if them of stuff. Anyone want any chew bars or keyrings?

It got so bad I was giving sweets and duplicate toys to other kids...

What did work though was being there at 5 to close, and going round gathering up all the stuff the machines pushed out on their own.

I'm going to Switzerland on Wednesday, for a week.

Ms Naut's friend's parents have a chalet in Wengen we can stay in rent-free. Lucky we're not paying for rent because everything else there is bloody expensive!

I shall enjoy shouting at cows for a week to calm myself down. I might spot some interesting chod there too, hopefully.

I think you get so used to Gumtree (and other website) morons that when genuine nice people appear, it's almost a shock. Not complaining though, far from it.

Anyhow, I've finally sorted our family holiday out. Devon here we come, cannot wait!

Not fannied around with an engine for ages !!!

So after doing some cam chain work on the CBR, it was quite pleasing when it fired right up and settled to a nice idle (without any valves leaping out or mating with the piston)

Also had to sort the alternator chain out too, and after reading on the forums thought it had to be an engine out job... 45 minutes later that was fixed too.

Something HAS to go wrong in the next few days, just to restore the fixed / fucked / broken balance.

Mower racing yesterday was flipping ace, the weather wasn't though. Arrived at the track mid morning with a couple of hours spare to finish the mower off and practice.

Once we had deployed some borrowed cable ties to hold the battery down this passed scrutineering.

post-4555-0-50222300-1462222546_thumb.jpg

The rust isn't a ratlook thing, we only found the bonnet donor on Friday and didn't have time to paint it.

The racing was made up of 36 heats of 4-6 mowers racing for 5 laps with each mower racing about 12 times, we were sharing the mower so did 6 each.

I was utterly hopeless at the start and we really struggled with the mud as the back of the chassis kept dragging along the ground the gaffer was doing better with one 1st place. I got better as we went on but only scored a couple of second places after other folks crashed.

Here is one very muddy round.

Having a pretty buzzing day, I'm not really into football but I live in a real Leicester city stronghold area so them winning the premier league even has me feeling a bit emotional

Coupled with a road trip down to Poole today and I'm *dangerously* close to spunking thousands on a car that most people will think is a piece of shit, but to me has massive sentimental meaning and I've wanted one for years...every pint I have tonight makes me that much more certain I'm gonna call the guy in the morning and seal the deal...

so they dont put bikes on the heysham ferry to belfast anymore

and couldt book liverpool dub overnight for bank holiday - would only let me book daytime

could go via holyhead but i need to start what im doing in ballymena and its 100 miles away and a stop in holyhead or dublin overnight and ££ cos of bank holiday

wales was 65 quid and dublin cheapest travelodge was 153 euros :lol:

tried stena to belfast but all cabins full

it was 95 euro one way

logged in as a member

that cant be right can it?? :lol:

so i can stena plus and buy a sleeping bag and its still cheaper than the normal fare of 95 (the cabin woulda cost 50 quid upwards if thered been one)

mental

post-4817-0-94518600-1462288023_thumb.jpg

The Jag has passed its MOT at the first attempt. A few advisories but nothing that can't be sorted.

post-3133-0-18489800-1462306688_thumb.png

The front sensor thing was from when Volksy and I wrestled them out with anger and a chisel. The testers spent an age fucking around with the front wheels and suspension which worried me but it turns out they were just trying to ensure the sensors were unable to work their way out without the bolts which had snapped.

It was a lovely day so on the way home, with my fresh MOT i put on my aviator shades wound down the window and pumped up the volume on my King Tubby CD and wafted off down the road.

All was going well, until I got to some traffic lights and there was a full on pensioner rastadude sat at the side of the road with his rastabike and I realised how ridiculous I must have looked to him as a middle aged man in a suit, wearing Tom Cruise sunglasses, driving a big Jag and listening to dub reggae, so I gradually reduced the volume on the stereo consciously avoiding eye contact with him until the lights changed and i glided off and was able to the volume back up resuming my dickhead pose.

Life is good.

+1

Slid on my Kyalami  shades, wound       Why'd She Have To Go (And Let Me Down)?      Moreland & Arbuckle   (having no money I helped Crowd Sponsor them)  up to  11  and sat in  the Guildford  traffic jam in my Ford Mustang ****** bloody spell check***** that's a bent Ford Focus but the sun was shining.

Seems Ford are supplying some new Focuses and Mondeos with poundland-spec giffer wheeltrims as standard. They look flaming worse than the Rover "we're going bust so we just popped out to Halfords for these" jobs, if they intended it as a reason to pay £750 more for the next model up in the range it would work on me. Look!

Ford-Focus-Econetic.jpg

Whilst pressing on* today along a road I know very well, I came up behind a Laguna 2 . It was at the end of a long straight and I was going much too fast, I couldn't pass straightaway and the Laguna pilote obviously took the Mike Hawthorn approach, ie; " That bloody Hun motor will not pass" ( we all know how that panned out for him)

Anyway he increased the pace, and I was bloody amazed how composed it looked on dodgy cambered bends, poor surfaces and sharp crests and dips, don't know what engine it was, I'm thinking 2.0 pez, as it didn't blow up or puff black smoke and was a bit breathless on a hill so probably not V6.

I was impressed.

Mower racing yesterday was flipping ace, the weather wasn't though. Arrived at the track mid morning with a couple of hours spare to finish the mower off and practice.

Once we had deployed some borrowed cable ties to hold the battery down this passed scrutineering.

IMG_20160501_123925942.jpg

The rust isn't a ratlook thing, we only found the bonnet donor on Friday and didn't have time to paint it.

The racing was made up of 36 heats of 4-6 mowers racing for 5 laps with each mower racing about 12 times, we were sharing the mower so did 6 each.

I was utterly hopeless at the start and we really struggled with the mud as the back of the chassis kept dragging along the ground the gaffer was doing better with one 1st place. I got better as we went on but only scored a couple of second places after other folks crashed.

Here is one very muddy round.

https://youtu.be/53fT52ljmvc

Yo cats, where were you racing?

My bro was shakedown testing his new group 4 at capel if you were at that event?

He was new, so in an orange tabard. I'm planning on racing with him for the 12 hour this year, so may see you there.

Today I was clearing out my daughters Ignis, its going away to be pulled to bits, the buyer wants the hubs apparently, I wish him luck.

I digress, in the glove box was a sheaf of old MOT's and it failed last time on "High level brake light inoperative" which seemed odd its such a poverty spec car it doesn't have one or so I thought.

When I opened the boot to see if there were any things worth keeping in with the spare wheel well I noticed a dangling wire where there would be a high level brake light.

I stuck a meter on it out of curiosity and it worked, well it would have if all the bits were there.

The last owners were so bloody tight they threw away the entire brake light fitment, rather than change a bulb.

Mum found my old Norwich and Peterborough savings book. I wonder how my £1.02 is doing, last activity printed is Jan 2001.

I phoned them up and the chap cut me short and said he couldn't help me, as it pre-dates phone banking, so no security has been set. I've posted it off to their head office to see if I'm a millionaire or not. Not bloody driving all the way to peterborough to find out!