What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Reading my posts about the Handsome Bastard you could be forgiven for thinking I'm in a Pit Of Gloom.

I'm not though!

On Wednesday I was at an arts event that really lifted me.  I'm part of a writing group that meets on a Thursday at an arts centre in town  The theatre group that runs the centre dragged us into one of their projects a while ago, and it's resulted in some fun, purposeful sessions.  The whole project is designed to run for about two years, and will celebrate local life and local history.  Part of the  project involves us writing some short plays, five-minute sketches if you like, inspired by local life past and present.

So, Wednesday was a free public performance, first of several over the length of the project, and one of my plays made the cut.  The theatre group hired in some professional actors to perform our words, which was a treat in itself.  After the show I was talking with the cast, and one is particularly interested in the sitcom I'm working on; I can see him in one of the parts.  Some members of the audience filtered through on their way out, and told me Chip Shop Girls was their favourite of the pieces they'd seen.  Chip Shop Girls was/is my work.  I'm flying.

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Reading my posts about the Handsome Bastard you could be forgiven for thinking I'm in a Pit Of Gloom.

I'm not though!

On Wednesday I was at an arts event that really lifted me.  I'm part of a writing group that meets on a Thursday at an arts centre in town  The theatre group that runs the centre dragged us into one of their projects a while ago, and it's resulted in some fun, purposeful sessions.  The whole project is designed to run for about two years, and will celebrate local life and local history.  Part of the  project involves us writing some short plays, five-minute sketches if you like, inspired by local life past and present.

So, Wednesday was a free public performance, first of several over the length of the project, and one of my plays made the cut.  The theatre group hired in some professional actors to perform our words, which was a treat in itself.  After the show I was talking with the cast, and one is particularly interested in the sitcom I'm working on; I can see him in one of the parts.  Some members of the audience filtered through on their way out, and told me Chip Shop Girls was their favourite of the pieces they'd seen.  Chip Shop Girls was/is my work.  I'm flying.

Brilliant stuff Eddy.

16 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Am in heaven. I’m not on Facebook so will splurge all my personal shit here instead. What a place!

3C1877DD-F102-4348-ABCA-FA75FC0B6E23.jpeg

269F0A25-131F-4494-96DC-D9375B532FDD.jpeg

9E6B2534-C228-4277-A726-97EF3D6DCF38.jpeg

B697D482-E7E0-44D9-B2EF-105C8A56326D.jpeg

5BF90C54-6E5B-4129-923D-38BF4CF75594.jpeg

E7503159-51C8-4227-8747-3BEA3F86DDFF.jpeg

50FB2030-31A9-4504-B9DE-79E4B38ED609.jpeg

3CEC265A-5F82-4C9D-91EF-AE40543699F6.jpeg

the Tim Traveller just did a video on Lingotto, looks a fascinating place 

his videos are generally transport based and well worth a look 

I took the missis to a local green fair today not really expecting car content.  However Riversimple had turned up, we were having a nose at the car and were invited into the talk from their boss.  After a very interesting half hour talk he mentioned doing driver for a fiver,  I was straight to the front of the queue.  Turned out not to actually be driving but getting a passenger run was still really cool.  The car is super interesting and really quite nippy.  The gaffer is a properly nice bloke and a Bristol owning petrolhead so it was well worth going just to get a chance to chat.

IMG-20240428-WA0011.jpg.2056d13e6008dc334ec5282bf3d262cc.jpg

IMG-20240428-WA0006.jpg.a110d73e8deaa4e1d8b7215792a789c4.jpg

23 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

I took the missis to a local green fair today not really expecting car content.  However Riversimple had turned up, we were having a nose at the car and were invited into the talk from their boss.  After a very interesting half hour talk he mentioned doing driver for a fiver,  I was straight to the front of the queue.  Turned out not to actually be driving but getting a passenger run was still really cool.  The car is super interesting and really quite nippy.  The gaffer is a properly nice bloke and a Bristol owning petrolhead so it was well worth going just to get a chance to chat.

IMG-20240428-WA0011.jpg.2056d13e6008dc334ec5282bf3d262cc.jpg

IMG-20240428-WA0006.jpg.a110d73e8deaa4e1d8b7215792a789c4.jpg

Wow! Hugo Posh-Chap. He’s been doing the rounds with that thing for donkeys years.