What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Eldest entered an online competition to win ‘56 style Fender roasted ash Stratocaster guitar and has only bloody won it! Jammy sod😆

38 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Does it need a resto? 🤣 

Well done him. Or her.

Nope, it’s good to go and he’s not going to sell it, which is what I suggested.

• Like 1

IMG_20240517_091549.jpg.049e7071719f61c3fb1930246aa13f96.jpg

IMG_20240517_091613.jpg.08edb2b28ace0f6e93cd10b0ea20567b.jpg

I did say I'd get a picture of the Princess with a Hyundai Ioniq 5 should the opportunity present itself and today on leaving the gym it did, because one had parked behind me.  I find the Ioniq 5 really hard to judge the size of, it's fecking huge even though my brain thinks it's about the size of a Mk3 Golf.  This wasn't set up, I doubt the Hyundai driver even thought about any sort of styling comparisons, just a little bit of serendipity.

IMG-20240516-WA0010.jpg

• Like 2

Scenario: I'm on the edge of Nottm at 9am this morning heading for a day trip in the Derbyshire Dales.

Nice: Spots a hand painted purple/pink/mauve LDV Convoy camper* piloted by a greying, balding, pony tailed chap.

Perfection: LDV 1 has attached to it via a strap a forlorn white/ferrous oxide LDV Convoy camper* also piloted by a greying, balding, pony tailed man who has considerately affixed a cardboard ON TOW sign to his rear doors.

Award winning: The convoy of Convoys pulls off the highway and blocks the driveway of the Rugby (Union) Club to let us mere motoring mortals pass and have a quick chat to exchange towing tips.

Well gents, you are fine Sirs and I wish you many years happy holidaying/living in your lovely vehicles.

IMG_0447.jpeg.da0e67f53f32c9701df7d90aa0e02686.jpeg
Enjoying the sunshine now it’s here and doing the traditional middle-aged bald man looking like a berk in a convertible thing.  Had this old crate for a year now and very fond of it.  Even got the a/c working back in March by changing the condenser and receiver dryer which was an involved job requiring most of the front of the car to be taken off.

Going to make the most of it this summer (if we have one) as I suspect I will sell it next summer and get a Fiat 500 to share with my daughter when she learns to drive…either that or keep the SLK and sell my Touran!

My wife has picked up I'm thinking about a new car. I haven't seen one for ages until this afternoon in the local supermarket car park. I point out this is what I'm thinking of getting. She glances round, studies it for a bit then says "that's quite nice". I'll take that as a recommendation to push to the next stage - cost.

10 hours ago, hairnet said:

@PhilA 90 secs in and same colour as the chief? and the headliner light is the same?

Similar, yes. Buick were very much doing their own thing at that time though. 

Phil

I had the joy of a 5am start this morning to get to Manchester airport to collect my parents, who have spent a month travelling the US. This may count somewhat as a grump as due to the well-documented issues with my boot which happened on the outbound leg of the journey, meaning that the return journey involved a drive to Mansfield last night to pick up their car to use this morning.

They spent some of that time in Orlando, and a few days ago, I received a 6 minute video on WhatsApp of their entire journey through It's A Small World at the Magic Kingdom. Anyone who's been on this ride will know how much of an irritating earworm this song is.

And that is why I was stood in Terminal 2 Arrivals this morning with this sign. Excuse my fat face.

20240521_075608.jpg.8a7fb98a0cc014dff41a4b27b6321218.jpg

Thankfully taken in good humour. It drew many a laugh from passengers, cabin crew and even the airport police.

Not only do we have a pair of visiting Magpies, but now a Jackdaw that pops in periodically.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2024 at 21:56, Markeh said:

I had the joy of a 5am start this morning to get to Manchester airport to collect my parents, who have spent a month travelling the US. This may count somewhat as a grump as due to the well-documented issues with my boot which happened on the outbound leg of the journey, meaning that the return journey involved a drive to Mansfield last night to pick up their car to use this morning.

They spent some of that time in Orlando, and a few days ago, I received a 6 minute video on WhatsApp of their entire journey through It's A Small World at the Magic Kingdom. Anyone who's been on this ride will know how much of an irritating earworm this song is.

And that is why I was stood in Terminal 2 Arrivals this morning with this sign. Excuse my fat face.

20240521_075608.jpg.8a7fb98a0cc014dff41a4b27b6321218.jpg

Thankfully taken in good humour. It drew many a laugh from passengers, cabin crew and even the airport police.

Trek culture Sean on x and YouTube had a friend meet him with this…

IMG_1175.jpeg

On 11/05/2024 at 17:11, Dick Longbridge said:

many overweight cars parked next to a Caddy.

FIFY🤣

On 13/05/2024 at 09:10, cobblers said:

Yeah! I always say to my mrs that the smell of a transit engine that has spent the last 25 years on idle all day every summers is permanently intermingled in my brain with cheap raspberry sauce, stale bubblegum balls and knockoff flakes. I can't smell any of them without smelling the other!

smells betterer if it's a bedford ca or cf

An event that recently put a grin on my face was after coming home from Stirling and going down the M9. I was overtaken by a Porsche presumably going about 90-100mph (pretty normal if I’m being honest), however, hot on its tail was an absolute madlad in a champagne Rover 75 estate. I’ve never laughed so much whilst driving, it was hysterical.

My grin is getting some new wheels for my mota. I'm sure there will be many that will say they look shit and are not original. My answer to that is that, for me, it has been more positive than negative. The wheels and  tyres are literally brand new. Only driven 200 yards. You might consider a jump from 13's to 15's is too much but I think they fit well, although I wasn't sure about the white to be honest. Can always change the colour if I feel like it. 

Positives. 1; Easier to get in and out. 71 and it won't get easier.

2: I won't bang my head on the rear door. Built for smaller people.

3; Getting on the trailer easier. Been catching the bottom a bit, loading.

4; When on the trailer and getting out, the door scrapes across the mudguard. 

5; They are 6.5 so fill the arches nicely.

6; They drop the revs at 70 down from 3500 to a touch over 3000.

7: Twisties could be more fun.

Negatives. From me, none.

20240524_130433.jpg

20240524_130524.jpg