What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 07/03/2024 at 22:44, HillmanImp said:

Just on Whatsapp talking to my mate, telling him about the new mountain bike I've just ordered and I got a text through saying that I've won a 1980s Raleigh BMX on one of those online roffle things. 

Screenshot_20240307-220822.thumb.jpg.fa0cad65fb62f3d3517acc9f7656f096.jpg

WTF am I going to do with that? 

Anyone got a roofrack, Volkswagen and pineapple for sale? 

They do seem to sell for good money on ebay. Whether this is a desirable one or not I'll have to check. Plus I'll need to see what condition its in when it gets here. 

I rarely enter these things, I was just at work and the system went on a go slow so got bored, went on my phone and had a punt on this. 

I might be keeping this, well I say me, Imp Jr. 

Top tube looks too short for me even with my short stature but it may well be a good fit for him. 

After discussing it with him, we've tentatively agreed that if he likes it, I'm gonna swap it for 2 of his bikes that he's too big for now which I can then sell in place of this one. 

PXL_20240309_184411308_MP2.thumb.jpg.dd885d714a610db3357a6785acb583c7.jpg

Thats my BMX at the back for scale which I bought in my mid 40s, the aptly names wethepeople 'Crysis'. 

The small ones a Raleigh performance 14, reckon I could get £75 for it or something? It was £250 new I think and is in good nick. 

The slightly larger one is a wethepeople seed. These are £500 new, maybe £175?

As the Raleigh isn't massively desirable, its probably worth £400? So I'm probably only £150 down compared to if I sold it and we've got rid of 2 bikes that aren't used anymore and one cool as milk retro BMX. 

Doesn't seem like a terrible idea. 

one way onto isle of wight in the car 118 quid

on the bike 34 :D

cant do it until the week before cos have to wait for the weather

been in the car before but that was for a week - for 2 hours on the island 120 charlies seems a bit steep

17 hours ago, Matty said:

Don't know whether @Tommyboy12 knows but he unintentionally features in an Aronline article about base model Montegos (sort of). "The A Plus was never offered in the Montego estate, although there is one on the road with a perplexing engine downgrade". 😆

Well now I need to go an lose several hours reading ARO again...

One of my biggest stresses about moving back up north was the cost of just stuff in general.  I don't have the best relationship with money, I'd rather it didn't exist and I dislike having to strive to acquire a certain amount of it every week but until a better alternative arrives I suppose I'll just have to tolerate it.  Anyway, one of my big fears was just being able to afford enough food to be healthy because I've been used to Kent prices.  Kent prices, it turns out, are actually insane.  Being able to eat healthily and within my budget is kind of a big deal for me.  Also, next month I'm checking out the local gym since my old one doesn't have a location up here and if it's as good as it looks on paper, that's going to be half the price for the same equipment and better opening hours (it's a 24/7 one, which I wasn't expecting outside of a big city).

This week has felt much more stable.  Routines are re-establishing themselves and a lot of my fears of going back into rented accomodation haven't been realised which in turn is helping me stay more focused and productive with work.  Makes it a lot easier to stay positive about things.

Today has been the best day I've had in a long time, I got money back on the taxes, and I've had the highest temperature since October with close to plus 10.

And best of all, dad and I have now got something we've been dreaming about and wanting for years a small wheel loader.

It is Chinese and electric but this brand has been sold in Norway for a long time and has a good reputation and we have a dealer close by who seems good so it is worth taking the chance on and it has exceeded expectations so far .And it may look like a toy but is bigger than it looks and can lift 500kg.

Have tested it on snow removal today and am very happy with it so far.IMG_20240314_143331_093.thumb.jpg.9bf27935b6dbca9260460f227cd41aef.jpgIMG_20240314_143343_701.thumb.jpg.65dec924c5896eacdde1b2f740d50585.jpg