Jump to content

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread


outlaw118

Recommended Posts

Ended up in accidental convoy with a bright pink New Beetle today with the plate H4 PNK.  Sadly no picture, we ended up going different ways, one to look out for in the future.  I guess pink cars are more popular in the North.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/03/2024 at 07:07, Rustybullethole said:

Both motos still broken and no insurance on the Berlingo as of last night due to it sneaking up on me and online quotes being double what it was last year. 

Why the grin? Well it gives me the chance to use this;

IMG_9653.jpeg.f943222cf3d845ef4f718cf033f91bce.jpeg

Engines a bit smoky but its made the ferry quicker than the Berlingo due to respectful swift progress and lack of number plate.

Quick rest now then on to Waltham Forest. How my body holds up to 30 miles and a days graft remains to be seen. Wish me luck.

image.jpg.9feb4fd07baba4c830bf64a47361eff2.jpg

 

Legend @Rustybullethole limbers up for 30 mile push bike ride to work with rollup. My man 💪 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm just walking down a street in Poland and...

Little minter too. It was there when I went out this morning and still there tonight.

Nice to see that they're finally starting to preserve cars like this,

 

IMG_20240322_192323.jpg

IMG_20240322_192311.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 808 Estate said:
Croisantasaurus.
Lived during the Pastryzoic era

.IMG_0602.png.25b05c2223e468a1d12e4c2f22bb7a6f.png

Was Trex an ingredient?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/03/2024 at 20:30, Wack said:

Screenshot_20240320_202604_Chrome.jpg.ed5443e726be82efef5feb361b0ef427.jpg

I'd think this has definitely cost them sales, a friend bought a Mercedes because he thought the 40 on the boot meant 4.0 litres 

What was his aversion to four litres? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cunt gonna cunt on an easyjet flight 

But here now far away from idiots

Shame its raining but meh

No bike for exactly this reason as the bike was 150 and the slug to wales

Fly and rent was 40 cheaper

Sightseeing after ive finished me brew

Then mixed grill and the new top gun later

Screenshot_20240323-160944.png

IMG_20240323_163403578_HDR.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just watched the latest upload from Itchyboots, she is in Madagascar and has rented a moto to see the country. 

They have 2CV taxis in the capital. 😃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Away for the weekend at Butlins. Queuing up for the gents in one of the venues, noticed each cubicle door is numbered. Apparently the done thing isn't to yell "cashier number 3 please" as someone walks out.

 

Well fuck it, it made me laugh...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Markeh said:

Away for the weekend at Butlins. Queuing up for the gents in one of the venues, noticed each cubicle door is numbered. Apparently the done thing isn't to yell "cashier number 3 please" as someone walks out.

 

Well fuck it, it made me laugh...

Hope you didn't piss yourself 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A guy in the next cul-de-sac seems to take everyones bins out (only about 8 houses) and lines them up on the main road millimetre perfect. A couple of times if we've passed them on a walk, I've pulled one a couple of inches out of line. Childish and my wife isn't amused. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DavieW said:

A guy in the next cul-de-sac seems to take everyones bins out (only about 8 houses) and lines them up on the main road millimetre perfect. A couple of times if we've passed them on a walk, I've pulled one a couple of inches out of line. Childish and my wife isn't amused. 

Does or did he work for the council?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Does or did he work for the council?

Don't think so - if he did, they'd be spread out across the pavement at every angle possible. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go to new-ish coffee chain.

Get there just as it's opening.

Do you take cash says I

No says barista

I only have cash says I

Free coffee? Says the barista

Why yes, that would be lovely says I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, myglaren said:

Just the thing to keep in your Range Rover

 

It does seem a cool toy but I think I'd rather have one of these:
image.jpeg.bfab37372667d543fc5fcb057261ddf0.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

when i’m working late shift, i usually park in town and pay for the last hour of metered parking using an app.

it’s quite simple, you just type in a code marked on the sign, confirm your reg and pay your ££.

this is a summary of my recent activity

IMG_6562.png.fea8a77271f9a1f5c8cb078fcc0fdef0.png

it would appear that i have been paying to park the mazda several times this month when i know i’ve been driving the bini !

note to self : check the correct reg number next time :) 

i guess the wardens must knock off early round here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gm said:

when i’m working late shift, i usually park in town and pay for the last hour of metered parking using an app.

it’s quite simple, you just type in a code marked on the sign, confirm your reg and pay your ££.

this is a summary of my recent activity

IMG_6562.png.fea8a77271f9a1f5c8cb078fcc0fdef0.png

it would appear that i have been paying to park the mazda several times this month when i know i’ve been driving the bini !

note to self : check the correct reg number next time :) 

i guess the wardens must knock off early round here 

I’ve spent 10mins in pouring rain trying to enter the reg of the TIPO into a meter for free parking. Always came back as not valid until I realised I was using the x1/9 suffix gma not gua of the TIPO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of months back I did pay for parking for the Meriva I've not owned for 2 years instead of for the Nissan.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought some pans recently, supposedly made for induction hobs then a week or so later I picked up a set of le cruset pans at a boot sale 

The le cruset are fantastic on induction, the small pan heats a ½  litre of water from tap to boiling in under 2 minutes 

The chinashite ones, I could still dip my fingers in the pan after 2 minutes 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...