The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Because nobody wanted to buy your van for £500?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I got sick of some of the sanctimonious types on there expecting everything for 36p and charging like wounded rhinos for spares that were unusable.  

Hope that answers your question. 

My fallback is the bridge. And I've taken the knob off. Part of me would rather see it fragged. 

TL:DR: save up or get some manners. I've been more than reasonable with potential buyers but I'm not a saint. 

Yeah, I got sick of some of the sanctimonious types on there expecting everything for 36p and charging like wounded rhinos for spares that were unusable.

Hope that answers your question.

My fallback is the bridge. And I've taken the knob off. Part of me would rather see it fragged.

TL:DR: save up or get some manners. I've been more than reasonable with potential buyers but I'm not a saint.

I think £500 is very reasonable for your van, I had considered buying it if it was drivable but I don't really fancy a-framing it or paying to have it transported up the road, I have all of the panels needed on my spares car.

I think £500 is very reasonable for your van, I had considered buying it if it was drivable but I don't really fancy a-framing it or paying to have it transported up the road, I have all of the panels needed on my spares car.

It is driveable, but not on the road. 

You could book it in for a very ambitious MoT if you wanted.

It hasn't found the right buyer yet. Then again, eBay. 

I hate the words 'dog friendly' especially when it's on reviews for a pub that mainly serves food.

I don't, at least it means there will be something for the Rottweiler to eat, rather than him having to chew on any small children left around the place

Noticed an ecu set I had on ebay had sold but no payment received yet, checked buyers address and it's in fucking Rwanda, I thought my settings prevented this shit,  I've sent him an invoice for £30 postage....dya reckon he'll pay :-D ??

31 degrees celsius here today - Nice if you are sitting in some shade under a tree in a quiet corner of the garden drinking a Gin and Tonic and jiggling a plump girls jubblies.....not so much fun when you spend all damn day on a flat roof with a big drum of bitumen and a broom.

Guess which I was doing?

Shoes - fucked.

Trousers - fucked.

Body - fucked.

Got to do it all again tomorrow too.

I know this is nothing compared to what others are going through, but hey ho. I've worked for the same company as someone who I thought was one of my best mates for about a year now. Put up with various snide remarks and general ignorance from him, but let it go, because mate. The thing is, over the past few months, he has really been an utter thundercunt towards me, generally rubbishing everything I do to both the other boys and management, and he was at it again this afternoon. Thing is, he's done me this time, he's pushed all the buttons in the right order, and he has started the launch sequence and fucked me right off. Currently trying to decide whether just to not turn up tomorrow or start a war of attrition. Anyway, as you were....

My screenwash has gone sour, fuck me it stinks! Presumably because I topped it up with some other brand and it's mixed and fucking stinks! And because I bloody brimmed it it's taking ages to use. Had the washers on for 4 miles earlier, still not empty. Clean screen though...

Is the pipe within arms reach underneath so I can just pull it out and drain it, then put some zoflora or fugging bleach in for a few days of sloshing around, then refill with non eggy barf smelling screenwash?

Can't even have my window open when I use it as the stupid stuff flows down across the drivers window, so I get soaked!

I know this is nothing compared to what others are going through, but hey ho. I've worked for the same company as someone who I thought was one of my best mates for about a year now. Put up with various snide remarks and general ignorance from him, but let it go, because mate. The thing is, over the past few months, he has really been an utter thundercunt towards me, generally rubbishing everything I do to both the other boys and management, and he was at it again this afternoon. Thing is, he's done me this time, he's pushed all the buttons in the right order, and he has started the launch sequence and fucked me right off. Currently trying to decide whether just to not turn up tomorrow or start a war of attrition. Anyway, as you were....

DECLARE WAR!

piss in his milk. Start rumours, say he touched you in the toilet or just say to someone that he called them a cunt last week, all work a treat! Then start with the public humiliation, signing him up for junk mail and an Argos catalogue or seven.

31 degrees celsius here today - Nice if you are sitting in some shade under a tree in a quiet corner of the garden drinking a Gin and Tonic and jiggling a plump girls jubblies.....not so much fun when you spend all damn day on a flat roof with a big drum of bitumen and a broom.

Guess which I was doing?

Shoes - fucked.

Trousers - fucked.

Body - fucked.

Got to do it all again tomorrow too.

Ha ! I fart in your general de Gaulle direction. Only une drum ? Here in making Britain great again I did FIVE drums in our summer of FOUR days that we had some weeks, or was it months?, ago when it was 20 bloody 8, and we all know that 28 here is worth 35 any bloody where ! 

I have to agree though, only for diplomatic reasons, coz we are going to need to sell stuff to you foreign johnny's, that it is a truly shit job, I know. I've had a few.

OK - previous 'life' has my tolerance levels pretty high on most things as 'I've seen worse' usually applies..... but I'm at breaking point.

For months (since February) I've been entangled in a tax evasion/fraud investigation (not of me) but all 'associated' accounts were frozen by the procurator. I only found out after everything bounced...... so lawyer retained and all doc's etc... done and processed. The fact this took bloody ages meant I fell behind with everything, seriously behind. A couple of friends helped out and I've managed to 'survive' but barely - I rent over here and the landlord has been fantastic until recently. I've shown all doc's and it was fine as everything should have been sorted and back in place end of July.

Nothing received yet again - so now landlord thinks I'm lying and am scamming for the rent - now over 7000 in rent! I totally understand the loss of faith as it makes me look like a total tw*t munching gypo. My son will lose his school place...... We'll be out of a home and stuffed trying to sort out deposit or anything for a new place - totally fubar'd.

I've obviously demanded why I wasn't paid back up to date after all legal issues were resolved (other company is still in trouble but they have done a runner) and not a dickky bird - nowt - nill - nada - zip. But they're OK sitting on over 38K of my funds without a response. By Monday I'll be owed over 50K!

Of course tax man and insurance etc... are all screaming for their cut - with fines imposed on top now too.........

I've done everything I can and got all my paperwork in order - proven I wasn't the one doing anything illegal - all income and taxes in order etc... and am still sitting waiting for some d*ck to hit a button and let me have the money I've earned.......

I'm seriously contemplating going postal if I'm not paid by Tuesday - the pretentious ignorant idiot pen pusher who is now ignoring my emails and calls will be the first to go I swear..........

argh............. (rant over - feel a tiny bit better (actually, not a bit if I'm honest))

After 11 years of very reliable service-my Range Rover has thrown a woobly. Used it to tow the caravn a few times in the last month which it does superbly. Came back last week parked it under the car port-I use the Senator day-to day. Went out to it the other day to open it-dogs love to sit in the boot!!! and remote wouldn't work. Opened it with key in lock tried ignition-battery dead. Charged battery tried to start came up with engine disabled. Had this years ago-you have to enter the code through the drivers door lock-so many turns one way then the other. Did this it fired up. Turned it off had the same message again-this time it would not accept the code.

Tried a few times and had lots of superb advice from Landyzone-especially a guy called Mozz-but no luck.

Should have a well recommended Land Rover guy having a look at the weekend-hopefully it can be fixed then-otherwise it's send the BeCM (body computer) and engine management ECU off to be unlocked/fixed.

Compare to other problems on the forum this is a minor one-but was due to go away for a week in the tin tent next week.  Still 11 years and this is only the 2nd FTP-first was when it was parked in my garage and had the same problem before-but managed to get it going.

Did look at buying the first generation for electrical simplification-until I saw the bloody prices!!!

Steve

PS-its also stuck under my car port- if I cannot start it it would be extremely difficult in the least to get it out.

8ugHphr.jpg

Theres a fence to the side of the Range Rover-it takes three goes to het the Range Rover out normally-also on a hill. Would need bionic arms and a team of people to try and move it.

The range rover is currently behind the bamboo covered gate.

After 11 years of very reliable service-my Range Rover has thrown a woobly. Used it to tow the caravn a few times in the last month which it does superbly. Came back last week parked it under the car port-I use the Senator day-to day. Went out to it the other day to open it-dogs love to sit in the boot!!! and remote wouldn't work. Opened it with key in lock tried ignition-battery dead. Charged battery tried to start came up with engine disabled. Had this years ago-you have to enter the code through the drivers door lock-so many turns one way then the other. Did this it fired up. Turned it off had the same message again-this time it would not accept the code.

Tried a few times and had lots of superb advice from Landyzone-especially a guy called Mozz-but no luck.

Should have a well recommended Land Rover guy having a look at the weekend-hopefully it can be fixed then-otherwise it's send the BeCM (body computer) and engine management ECU off to be unlocked/fixed.

Compare to other problems on the forum this is a minor one-but was due to go away for a week in the tin tent next week.  Still 11 years and this is only the 2nd FTP-first was when it was parked in my garage and had the same problem before-but managed to get it going.

Did look at buying the first generation for electrical simplification-until I saw the bloody prices!!!

Steve

PS-its also stuck under my car port- if I cannot start it it would be extremely difficult in the least to get it out.

8ugHphr.jpg

Theres a fence to the side of the Range Rover-it takes three goes to het the Range Rover out normally-also on a hill. Would need bionic arms and a team of people to try and move it.

The range rover is currently behind the bamboo covered gate.

Is it a petrol or diesel ? Years ago I had a 3.9 Disco shit it's immobiliser and the engine would turn but no start. I found that a hot wire to the plus side of the coil got it going to take it to Land Rover to have the thing recoded. It is probably totally different on a P38 though

Thanks all,

It needs plugging in to a nanocom- spurious signals will upset it-but I've never had this and have unplugged the aerial to the fob receiver-just have to stand closer to the car for it to work. Mine hasn't been "quite right" for a about 4 years- eg if you take the key out and don't lock the door-when you try to start it the engine disabled sign will come on and not start. You have to lock the door and unlock and all is well-it should automatically do this when the key is put in the ignition. You can buy a dongle but it's no use if communication is lost with the BeCM which I think has happened.

Will update when I get some news!!!

Regards

Steve

Lord Sterling - I'm now in Watermael-Boitsfort..... right on the forest......

Obviously - anyone who hits Brussels for anything or needs Belgian checks, collects or forwarding/overnight stops - doors are (almost) always open. Not working away so much now, happy to put up shiters on route wherever.

Bulgo trip is interesting...... Lada or ZAV on my list so may be joining in on that one.

My French is pretty good, NL/Vlaams is fairly good and pretty much fluent German if any translations are required - happy to help if I can.

John

Nice one John! Hopefully I'll be able to get back at some point soon as I need to visit the Old_Dad as he still lives in Brussels (so I've got a foothold there still, sort of) if so I'll let you know.

Sorry to hear of your circumstances. If you are really stuck, I can give my Dad a call and see if he can help you.

Bus Lane Fines. Pain in the arse.

Old man is a taxi driver and is allowed to drive down them and is exempt from the fines for it, but he keeps getting them and the council keep giving all sorts of flannel as to why its happened, they do cancel them straight away but not before being on hold for 15mins waiting on someone answering the phone and then advising us to email pics of taxi plates, drivers badge, reg plates, the whole car, etc. 

Bus Lane Fines. Pain in the arse.

Old man is a taxi driver and is allowed to drive down them and is exempt from the fines for it, but he keeps getting them and the council keep giving all sorts of flannel as to why its happened, they do cancel them straight away but not before being on hold for 15mins waiting on someone answering the phone and then advising us to email pics of taxi plates, drivers badge, reg plates, the whole car, etc. 

Just forward the last email that has all the required information in with the new fine reference number, 30 seconds and done.

Unless I am missing something.

Lord S - no worries when you're over here. Always welcome.....

On the mess here - it's basically w mixture of people on holidays and someone waiting for something that isn't required - but not doing their 'thing' until this is proven by a legal rep (my lawyer) as such, all taking a massive amount of time. As long as it isn't their problem they really don't give a sh*t.

Same old same olf beauraucracy here........ c'est la vie

OK - previous 'life' has my tolerance levels pretty high on most things as 'I've seen worse' usually applies..... but I'm at breaking point.

For months (since February) I've been entangled in a tax evasion/fraud investigation (not of me) but all 'associated' accounts were frozen by the procurator. I only found out after everything bounced...... so lawyer retained and all doc's etc... done and processed. The fact this took bloody ages meant I fell behind with everything, seriously behind. A couple of friends helped out and I've managed to 'survive' but barely - I rent over here and the landlord has been fantastic until recently. I've shown all doc's and it was fine as everything should have been sorted and back in place end of July.

Nothing received yet again - so now landlord thinks I'm lying and am scamming for the rent - now over 7000 in rent! I totally understand the loss of faith as it makes me look like a total tw*t munching gypo. My son will lose his school place...... We'll be out of a home and stuffed trying to sort out deposit or anything for a new place - totally fubar'd.

I've obviously demanded why I wasn't paid back up to date after all legal issues were resolved (other company is still in trouble but they have done a runner) and not a dickky bird - nowt - nill - nada - zip. But they're OK sitting on over 38K of my funds without a response. By Monday I'll be owed over 50K!

Of course tax man and insurance etc... are all screaming for their cut - with fines imposed on top now too.........

I've done everything I can and got all my paperwork in order - proven I wasn't the one doing anything illegal - all income and taxes in order etc... and am still sitting waiting for some d*ck to hit a button and let me have the money I've earned.......

I'm seriously contemplating going postal if I'm not paid by Tuesday - the pretentious ignorant idiot pen pusher who is now ignoring my emails and calls will be the first to go I swear..........

argh............. (rant over - feel a tiny bit better (actually, not a bit if I'm honest))

Portugal?

DECLARE WAR!

piss in his milk. Start rumours, say he touched you in the toilet or just say to someone that he called them a cunt last week, all work a treat! Then start with the public humiliation, signing him up for junk mail and an Argos catalogue or seven.

I must confess that I've always been an enthusiastic student of retribution.

This has served me very well on a few occasions - http://www.mailbait.info

This is nothing compared to some of the Grumps past and current, but it's one of my Old Standby Grumps, simply because it keeps recurring.

The price of model cars on ebay.  HOW FUCKING MUCH?  I've just been having a trawl (again.... my blood pressure has come down a bit from the last time) and realised that my comment applies not only to every model I might possibly want, but also every model I could never want!  I'm beginning to think now is the time to start selling some of what I have!

(Watch the price drop through the floor and the six layers of cellar below the moment I list something!)