The grumpy thread

outlaw118

The DVLA are absolute dog shit on toast when it comes to refunding VED. Do everything DD, it really does save a lot of grief.

This x1000

When I've sold cars before, I've just cancelled the DD without even telling the DVLA, and sent off the V5.

I then get the little slip a couple of weeks later of confirmation I'm no longer the registered keeper. Never had any problems doing it that way.

This x1000

When I've sold cars before, I've just cancelled the DD without even telling the DVLA, and sent off the V5.

I then get the little slip a couple of weeks later of confirmation I'm no longer the registered keeper. Never had any problems doing it that way.

Cancelling it yourself (via your bank) is vital. Sold an X-Type a couple of years ago, did the V5 and whatnot and a few months later discovered I was still paying the sodding tax on the bastard, DVLA hadn't cancelled it themselves as they said they do.

As Des said - get yourself over to Poland and the like..... excellent work and a fraction of the cost. A mate here had over 10K worth of work done for about 25% of the quote(s) from UK and Belgium.

Yep one of my workmates goes home to Romania for dental work, even for only fairly minor work pays for the trip, unbelievable.

I know a Polish lad who got his car LPG converted whilst back home for a holiday, 6 cyl conversion around £600 all in, roughly half the price of here.

In the terminal stages of a repair that has been languishing for 13 years now, needed a pin vice to hold a small drill - too small for a Dremel.

Bought a set of four that came with 20 minute drills .03mm~1.6mm.

Opened the box of drills, more from curiosity than necessity and poof!  little buggers all over the place.

Searched for ages, with a magnet to help, but only found 14.

had a van covered in driveway resurfacing stickers towing a caravan 3x it's size overtake me at 60 through the roadworks on the M6 today , the number plate fell off the caravan officer,

behind it was a new discovery sport , woman on the phone, got stuck in traffic so she pulled up the inside of the van and carried the conversation on in person with the occupants

The occupants being 2 girls of 5-6 years old stood on the passenger seat of the van, not strapped in at all while mum drove along in a multiple airbag equipped safety zone

I can hear the wailing now if something happens, are there no rules they will adhere to even if it's the one that stops their kids being thrown through the windscreen

Bloody Scomadi still not ready as they haven't sent the parts to the motorbike shop doing the warranty work. They can put it back together but there's a labour charge. It also means an extra 60 mile round trip to go back for a third time.

I can hear the wailing now if something happens, are there no rules they will adhere to even if it's the one that stops their kids being thrown through the windscreen

The 1100/1800 drivers (with a Scottie dog on the rear window shelf) have all died off....

There are still folks about who have dogs on the rear shelf & 45-to-Nought in 0.5secs will STILL convert hound into a cannonball :(

TS

Im with you there andy. Had to cancel direct debits for amenites,rent council tax etc as cant afford them and cant afford charges bank wpuld give if they bounced. Car running on fumes. Work not paid the meagre wage today either. Really cannot cope anymore with all this shit. Theres got to be a way out.

Best of luck Bub - I managed to get 'some' of my dues in the account today - so can clear the backrent and a load of other charges I'm slammed for after waiting over 5mths...... savings trollied so it's been a bit hairy the last few weeks.

Any way you can kick the payroll dept. up the rear to have it in your account? Cash advance at all possible? Render the bosses car inoperable until resolved (as a last resort of course!)

They deliberately disabled your bike before getting the parts for warranty work - and they want paying to put it back together after their failure?

FRO.

This - and couldn't they have informed you it was still inoperable before you headed over? I take it this was a 'due date' for it's return..... They are legally obliged to inform you it'll not be ready on time and so save you the time off/loss of wages and royal pain in the ar*e of looking a tw*t turning up for nothing.

Warranty parts - isn't that labour charge to be passed on to the manufacturer? They usually do a pro rata charge and pay them don't they? Or am I living in customer counts cuckoo land again?