The grumpy thread

outlaw118

LOL thanks crew!!! Its not long come back from a £1400 bill last week for a rocker cover gasket and a turbo rebuild, the other turbo is okay for now. Anyhow, it binged up low coolant, then a minute later it made an impression of a steam train.

Lucky event number 1 was a it was just a hose clip that was loose, lucky even number 2 was I was only 10 miles from the yard, someone brought me some coolant up, I tightened the clip up and was away. Not first without removing the whole air box, about one million connections and hoses first, that had to be removed and unplugged to access the clip It was probably left undone when the turbo was done at it was from that side but hey ho, its fixed

Is it upto 400k yet?

No its only on 367k at the moment, its had a rest while I have used it twin sister that is only on 336k

Four hundred kilometres?  Not without shitting something expensive.

Miles not this poxy kilometre crap.

Ouch.

Symptoms & diagnosis?

She's okay, just a minor hiccup.

Is that the first time it's been off tarmac? Look how capable it was at it!

I actually got it stuck off-road once as I couldn't be arsed to go find our drillers, had to get towed out by a tractor. Ended up walking ages to find a farmer, my fault for being lazy. Got a pic somewhere on my phone

Its actually very capable off road, the sites I visit are often in fields or building sites that are basically just fields of dreams so it gets driven straight across these. On crappy road tyres as well.

Just lost crap car roulette.

The nice bargainous Honda Accord I got about 6 weeks ago has grenaded its engine. The timing chain has lost control of the inlet cam. Google suggests that it's a bit of a known quirk. Not good enough Honda. Soichiro would not approve.

More annoyed about the new tyres and service it's just had... doubles my loosings

Oh well, such is life.

My friend is in Clatterbridge hospital - sadly their cancer has spread to the bones and skull.

It was only a fortnight ago I got my diagnosis of my breathing problems and the realisation that sadly my own health has gone.

Sometimes I wonder what the bastard point is.

The nice bargainous Honda Accord I got about 6 weeks ago has grenaded its engine. The timing chain has lost control of the inlet cam. Google suggests that it's a bit of a known quirk. Not good enough Honda. Soichiro would not approve.

More annoyed about the new tyres and service it's just had... doubles my loosings

Oh well, such is life.

Not hondas fault that people never check the oil " cos it's a Honda innit "

Not hondas fault that people never check the oil " cos it's a Honda innit "

No I can't. And don't really. I have been guilty of such thought processes once or twice. And that's the lottery with bangers. Typically it ticked all right boxes wrt service history low owners etc and turned out to be crap. Should've known!

Still think it's a bit of a shit /weak/odd failure mode though.

Sorry bout your home news. A good number of my peers have managed to do it amicably, so fingers crossed for a smooth journey as it were.

Well it looks like me and the wife are calling it a day . All amicable so far but I expect that will all change

Sorry to hear that fella.

If I can offer one slightly pessimistic bit of advice, I'd say the latter half of the second sentence up there is probably right. Moods never change faster than when relationships are involved - I had an "amicable" split one day with the ex wife, and the day after there was police involvement. Look after yourself!

Ivtec 2.4.

As I understand it...

Sludge gathers in the vtc cam vtech controller, which makes it sluggish, which introduces lash in the camchain, which wears the tensioner guides, reducing tension /introducing slack into the chain.

So far, so good

The really odd bit imho is...

If you leave the car in gear with a bit of weight on the engine, it this slack can unwind the inlet cam through the vtc .causing massive loss of engine timing and for the pistons to hit the valves.

So you get sudden and catastrophic engine failure essentially while it's parked. Which is nice.

My friend is in Clatterbridge hospital - sadly their cancer has spread to the bones and skull.

It was only a fortnight ago I got my diagnosis of my breathing problems and the realisation that sadly my own health has gone.

Sometimes I wonder what the bastard point is.

I'm local to Clatterbridge hospital. If there's anything I can do to help then just PM me.

Well it looks like me and the wife are calling it a day . All amicable so far but I expect that will all change

Sorry to hear that mate. Me and the missus have been clattering along at rock bottom for a while now, Suspect we'll be doing similar soon.

The nice bargainous Honda Accord I got about 6 weeks ago has grenaded its engine. The timing chain has lost control of the inlet cam. Google suggests that it's a bit of a known quirk. Not good enough Honda. Soichiro would not approve be spinning in his grave - Yo VTEC!.

Oh well, such is life.

Make sure your next car takes the same size tyres?

My grumps - I may have replaced the handbrake cables on the Signum for nothing. Those of you who have done this on a Signum or Vectra will know what a pain the job is. And I still haven't got the CV boot on but there's no point because we've damaged the joint boot on the suspension arm which will also be an MOT fail so until I get that I'm not doing any more on that part of the car.

Was hoping to get my recon axle put in today but my, not so tame mechanic, can't fit it in. Another week with a seriously fucked axle. I have to use my van coz of work. Every pimple in the road makes a horrendous bang so I have to swerve all over the road to avoid anything, and we know what the state of the roads are. GRRR!!!!

Along with the other issues im whinging about,my health has took a serious nose dive. Left side gone screwy again. Not able to walk far,really bad shakes,used my inhaler more times than i have over past 6 months,speach impediment back worse too. Migraines for past 2 days