RayMK Posted January 18 Posted January 18 The car at the back is an Allard K2, so previous posts were on the right track. I had no idea what any of them were at first, just a vague idea that the racy red and blue thing may be a Healey Silverstone but its grill doesn't match and doesn't appear to match other suggestions in that respect. I would not have discovered the Edwards R26 - never heard of them!
Madman Of The People Posted January 18 Posted January 18 The white car at the front is an Edwards R26. Edwards was a short-lived American company making sports cars. The red car appears to be a Giaur 750 Sport, but I can't be one hundred percent certain. The black car is a little bit difficult, but I have a feeling it's a Simca 8. But I'm pretty sure the light blue car is an Allard K2. High Jetter 1
lesapandre Posted January 19 Posted January 19 I think Simca 8 Sports Cabriolet is right. About 1950 and raced and rallied in period. Bodies in that style designed and made by Facel Métallon who went on to make Facel Vega cars.
martc Posted February 18 Posted February 18 3 hours ago, Spiny Norman said: Rover P5B Ah, a posh Jag then. Thanks.
Alan_Green Posted February 18 Posted February 18 On 10/12/2025 at 20:50, vulgalour said: The pale blue-grey car on the left of the photo, any ideas? It's the 1960s, so that does narrow things down a bit. Market Straat, Central Business District, Scarlett Johanesburg. By Eloff St and Joubert St. That building seems to have been remodelled but it's blue clad twin is still there one block up and looks like this: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-26.2044169,28.0448315,3a,75y,12.07h,89.52t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-MdE2xypGvbe9v394jBtbg!2e0!5s20250201T000000!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fcb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile%26w%3D900%26h%3D600%26pitch%3D0.47873299739728736%26panoid%3D-MdE2xypGvbe9v394jBtbg%26yaw%3D12.071775102406285!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en&entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI2MDIxMS4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D High Jetter 1
Adrian_pt Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Brasov, Romania, 1970s - what's the small saloon on the right? It's definitely not Eastern bloc - I initially thought Simca but nothing quite matches.
High Jetter Posted March 2 Posted March 2 1 hour ago, Adrian_pt said: Brasov, Romania, 1970s - what's the small saloon on the right? It's definitely not Eastern bloc - I initially thought Simca but nothing quite matches. I think enough letters for Peugeot. Beside a R12, so maybe 403?
ChinaTom Posted March 3 Posted March 3 Tempted to say a variant of Škoda Felicia but details not quite right. Lots of Borgward/Lloyd Arabella vibes too. lesapandre 1
Dyslexic Viking Posted March 3 Posted March 3 9 hours ago, Adrian_pt said: Brasov, Romania, 1970s - what's the small saloon on the right? It's definitely not Eastern bloc - I initially thought Simca but nothing quite matches. Could be a Goliath/Hansa? or something else small German. The rear axle looks fwd. Adrian_pt and lesapandre 2
Mr Pastry Posted March 3 Posted March 3 2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said: Could be a Goliath/Hansa? or something else small German. The rear axle looks fwd. Possibly a Hansa 1100? lesapandre, Adrian_pt, ChinaTom and 1 other 2 2
Dyslexic Viking Posted March 3 Posted March 3 15 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said: Possibly a Hansa 1100? Yes, I think that could be it. RayMK and lesapandre 2
Adrian_pt Posted March 3 Posted March 3 That's it! Looks like a 1959 model with the "Goliath" script on the bootlid. Thanks all. High Jetter 1
captain_70s Posted March 3 Posted March 3 Well sleuthed everybody! I spent far too long looking at Wikipedia pages last night but never realised the Goliath/Hansa got an arse lift in 1958. 🥲
Madman Of The People Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Definitely a Hansa 1100. Photo below shows the same side trim as the original photo, with the "kick-up" at the rear. This one is from 1959. Dyslexic Viking 1
martc Posted April 12 Posted April 12 We're in Australia and they're having a fridge delivered. But by what? Looks like a Ford saloon with a pick-up back, did they make such a thing? I know Datsun made a five seater pick-up cum saloon, but it's not one of them. Dyslexic Viking 1
Missy Charm Posted April 12 Posted April 12 21 minutes ago, martc said: We're in Australia and they're having a fridge delivered. But by what? Looks like a Ford saloon with a pick-up back, did they make such a thing? I know Datsun made a five seater pick-up cum saloon, but it's not one of them. Ford Zephyr Coupe Utility (ute). Made in Australia, but not sold over here. GeorgeB, mercedade, martc and 1 other 3 1
agent Posted April 12 Posted April 12 23 minutes ago, Missy Charm said: Ford Zephyr Coupe Utility (ute). Made in Australia, but not sold over here. Might actually be a Ford Mainline Utility instead, which looks pretty identical around the roof and window shape but seems to have the same taillight bulge on the side of the body as the car in the picture. American model but seems to have been popular down under too I was looking at these earlier though coincidentally so it might be the recency bias speaking here martc, sheffcortinacentre, High Jetter and 4 others 5 2
Missy Charm Posted April 12 Posted April 12 21 minutes ago, agent said: Might actually be a Ford Mainline Utility instead, which looks pretty identical around the roof and window shape but seems to have the same taillight bulge on the side of the body as the car in the picture. American model but seems to have been popular down under too I was looking at these earlier though coincidentally so it might be the recency bias speaking here I reckon that's the one! More details seem to match. The Mainline is quite a strange prospect, really, given that it seems to be very highly specified. Perhaps luxury pickups were wanted even then. martc 1
2SP00K Posted April 14 Posted April 14 On 21/01/2020 at 16:17, inconsistant said: A project by Oskar de Keifte. He also did a 928. https://alpoma.info/machines/the-strange-case-of-the-porsche-running-in-reverse/ Almost has a look of the hot wheels diora
Asimo Posted April 14 Posted April 14 Mk1 Toyota RaV4. Probably. 808 Estate, Volksy, lesapandre and 2 others 5
Madman Of The People Posted June 19 Posted June 19 2 hours ago, bunglebus said: Jesse Pinkman's British cousin? SteersWithThrottle 1
bunglebus Posted June 19 Author Posted June 19 7 hours ago, Tayne said: No-one seems to know, was spotted 10 years ago on Flickr As it's now local to me I might knock and ask!
Spiny Norman Posted August 4 Posted August 4 Mate's just sent me this and it got us both stumped, both of us initially thought it was the late 90s Gandini Maserati Quattroporte but it's not.
High Jetter Posted August 4 Posted August 4 Looks like AI to me. Bin handle, rear corner... Happy to be proved wrong.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now