What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

16 hours ago, reb said:

After months of kicking stuff about in my head, I think I've found the idea that'll make me £lotsamoney.

Or at least give me the opportunity to spend investors money trying!

Sorry to say someone has been there and done that.

Had been back on British soil for just 20 minues when I spotted @puddlethumperand his Big + Mazda combo bumbling up the M20!

image.thumb.png.f75049b915fdcf15b465b74fbe49530a.png

It was me in the black Lexus who gave you a toot, hope you didn't think you'd done anything wrong....

Amongst other things, on the M25 I saw a late '90s Jaguar XJ on an Essex plate with a driver who looked completely appropriate for it (think tall Phil Mitchell) and a V-reg Citroen XM, then a 2CV on the A12, which was quite neat as I'd been seeing them both in their natural habitat for the last fortnight.

Cycling to work this morning. Keep fit! I'm Mr Healthy! etc etc. Had a small apple in my bag to eat for breakfast.

I was starving after riding 18 miles. Randomly took a slightly odd route and went through the middle of Bakewell. A familiar smell - onions cooking from a ropey festival burger van. It's market day!

So I had a greasy burger van double cheeseburger at 7:20AM for my breakfast. With all the trimmings. Fucking magnificent.

Yesterday, on my way home from visiting family I was leaving Cobham services on the M25 and followed three Belgian-registered cars onto the motorway. So what?

They were:

A Mk3 Fiesta Si
A Corsa A (Vauxhall Nova) SRI
A Peugeot 205

All sporting mega Max Power bodykits, huge alloys, aftermarket rear lights, backflashes, lowered suspension, big exhausts - the works. The sort of thing that would have had teenage boys in 1998 spontaneously ejaculating into their trackie bottoms, and quite probably caused a significant section of the 14-25 female population to become pregnant just from being in the vicinity. The sort of cars I remember the cool lads who dropped out of school after their GCSEs getting, then driving round and round the school they'd just left in an effort to woo the more promiscuous girls from years 9 and 10. All funded by their wages from stacking shelves in Tesco.

Incredible to see. Not sure where they were off too? They peeled off at J10 with me, I went south and they all headed north?

Literally cars I've not seen for 20 years. Amazing to see people still looking after stuff like that, it's bad enough looking after standard ones, god knows what it must be like to have to keep on top of rust on a barried one all this time later.

11 hours ago, Stanky said:

Yesterday, on my way home from visiting family I was leaving Cobham services on the M25 and followed three Belgian-registered cars onto the motorway. So what?

They were:

A Mk3 Fiesta Si
A Corsa A (Vauxhall Nova) SRI
A Peugeot 205

All sporting mega Max Power bodykits, huge alloys, aftermarket rear lights, backflashes, lowered suspension, big exhausts - the works. The sort of thing that would have had teenage boys in 1998 spontaneously ejaculating into their trackie bottoms, and quite probably caused a significant section of the 14-25 female population to become pregnant just from being in the vicinity. The sort of cars I remember the cool lads who dropped out of school after their GCSEs getting, then driving round and round the school they'd just left in an effort to woo the more promiscuous girls from years 9 and 10. All funded by their wages from stacking shelves in Tesco.

Incredible to see. Not sure where they were off too? They peeled off at J10 with me, I went south and they all headed north?

Literally cars I've not seen for 20 years. Amazing to see people still looking after stuff like that, it's bad enough looking after standard ones, god knows what it must be like to have to keep on top of rust on a barried one all this time later.

The Max Power Reunion event was a few weeks back (23rd July).
I wonder if they'd been hanging around the UK for a couple of weeks.

On 8/7/2023 at 3:00 PM, jakebullet said:

What shall we call our burger van?

20230807_121910.thumb.jpg.4a6e654d70c2e0ce9fb40611fd04e37f.jpg

That'll get the punters in for sure...

There's was one at the end of the M67 called Big baps , she seemed quite popular with the truckers so I'm guessing it wasn't just the burger buns that were big.

an unusual choice of track car seen at tonight’s teeside session

IMG_4041.thumb.jpeg.830560022601ba5fc7935f4bb0452ff1.jpeg

but seemed to be going well and sounded good too.

i looked up the reg to see what was under the bonnet

IMG_4065.thumb.jpeg.fd65ef890390e9fe194607dc87a7117d.jpeg

didn’t know such a thing existed ? 

he still had a flower in the vase on the dash 🌺 

7 minutes ago, gm said:

an unusual choice of track car seen at tonight’s teeside session

IMG_4041.thumb.jpeg.830560022601ba5fc7935f4bb0452ff1.jpeg

but seemed to be going well and sounded good too.

i looked up the reg to see what was under the bonnet

IMG_4065.thumb.jpeg.fd65ef890390e9fe194607dc87a7117d.jpeg

didn’t know such a thing existed ? 

he still had a flower in the vase on the dash 🌺 

V5 they're called, I think? A wonky five cylinder