What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've been complaining to the council for over a year to do this sub-1 hour job.

There are 3 others on the street need removing, and one more needs a new head (it's orange but about 10 years old, the rest are brand new LEDs). Every other street locally was done perfect first time.

My last complaint was 12 hours ago.

I'm suspicious they did this one first to shut me up as last time I complained the damn thing got wrapped in hazard tape.

If the rest aren't done then I'm not letting up. 6c8af8364bfd90e1f01a2ec3b12d40a1.jpg

Boo!

RIP 1950s/1960s concrete column

tho looking at all that sleeving im guessing it was spalling quite badly?

is the 1 remaining sodium fixture a HPS or LPS one? guessing its prolly HPS if its only 10 years old

What exactly are they doing?

they are removing the concrete street-lighting column and replacing it with some modern tosh (tho the concrete column has been butchered quite badly, and also has an LED street light installed too sadly)

it would of orignially had some sort of Mercury lamp, street light

10i.jpg

before being fitted with a Low pressure sodium street light like so

8i.jpg

before being sleeved for use with a side entry lantern then fitted with a modern High pressure sodium fixture then LED, before finally being replaced

Boo!

is the 1 remaining sodium fixture a HPS or LPS one? guessing its prolly HPS if its only 10 years old

they are removing the concrete street-lighting column and replacing it with some modern tosh (tho the concrete column has been butchered quite badly, and also has an LED street light installed too sadly)

10i.jpg

8i.jpg

before being sleeved for use with a side entry lanturn then fitted with a modern High pressure sodium fixture then LED, before finally being replaced

Never change, LBF!  I love your knowledge on this stuff.

In a day of minor grumps (mainly ebay buyers*) a small glimmer of amusement. I was at the counter of a local cafe/newsagent and the young lady next in the queue dropped a load of the stuff she was holding, this included a can which hit the floor, burst open and showered me with orange pop. She was absolutely mortified and apologetic, Phil the owner and I thought it was funny. I told her it was ok and that it was a long time since a woman had thrown her drink at me. I am hoping that Phil can get it off his cctv as it would be a good candidate for you've been framed.

One of those automated 'We are ringing you about the accident you had...' spammers rang my mobile today. As the voice activated robot things was going though the spiel I just swore repeatedly and someone actually came on the line and told me not to.

(Obvs like, I swore again. Several more times)

Boo!

10i.jpg

8i.jpg

before being sleeved for use with a side entry lanturn then fitted with a modern High pressure sodium fixture then LED, before finally being replaced

This LP.

10i.jpg

I remember them (or similar) around Dagenham, where my Nan and Granddad lived. Terrible dim white light. But they look good with the small ceiling lamp design.

I posted about this about a month ago... I'm sure we all still remember the original video.

9248955.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Anyway, the suspect(s) have now been tried and unsurprisingly a serial shoplifter and skaghead has been banged away for three years, along with the infamously effective punishment of giving a driving ban to somebody who doesn't hold a driving licence. Weirdly though she wasn't actually driving when the infamous video was recorded - two accomplices remain at large.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/jailed-woman-who-broke-tesco-workers-back-in-supermarket-getaway-crash-a4094996.html

Despondently though at the end of the day she'll just ultimately come out of prison and be wanting to do more of these:

brasseye016_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqYP-yEHEhjt

Next in WSE's series of whodunnits will be the latest incident in Hunt Sabs vs Jacob Rees-Mogg wars:

_106073244_p073xgbv.jpg

Nice insight LBF - didn't realise they were that badly butchered - they've been sleeved since at least Feb 1998 when I moved here age 2! They're probably the street's original lamp posts then, but looking a bit sorry - the house was built in about 1962 based on my OS maps of the local area.

The LED head on the old post was fitted a few months ago when the sodium head failed - at this point the new LED post was already there behind it, and hadn't been activated. I complained about the sheer idiocy of this and they activated the new one. I asked for all the redundant ones to be removed a couple of months ago, they came along and put hazard tape around the one opposite my house.
Nothing happened for a couple of months so I asked for them all to be removed again, all four of them, and they came along for an hour and removed the one opposite my house, weirdly one of the middle two. I think they're trying to placate me with the one opposite my house having things done to it but I'm not stopping until they're all removed as it just looks a mess with a mixture of LED and sodium lights. Every other street they removed all the old posts and put up the LEDs in a couple of days, this has taken over a year so far.

I thought I would have a bit of a laugh at work today. I asked one of my colleagues to shout out and see if anyone had a case open as I couldn't edit the referral. I couldn't shout out as I had a 'sore throat'. No problem says she.

Here's his name I said..... J..A..R..S..E.

First name Hugh.

She was about 2 seconds away from shouting very, very loudly in a busy office, has anyone got a Hugh Jarse open? I nearly ruptured my diaphragm through laughing so much. I am such a child lol.

Sadly the actions of those vile bastards ramming that Subaru is no surprise, and certainly not the first act of intimidation from their sort.