What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

What did you use/how did you do it, please?

I used 1500 and 3000 wet and dry followed the Meguairs PlastX polish and drill attachement from their One-step kit (I reckon there's 4 cars worth in there if you use wet and dry first), but if you've already got a mop or drill attachment I'd just buy the PlastX stuff on it's own as it is very good and much quicker than toothpaste or regular polish, whilst the little sanding pads in the kit are a bit crap. Then just chucked some wax on to try and protect it. That sounds like a long job, but it was 20 mins tops.

Watching period road tests of muscle cars on youtube - Bud Lindemann is the host of whatever programme they were taken from. His commentry is very good and the music is like something from a 70's strip club.

While the cars were very quick in a straight line around the bends were hilarious - go and see.

Today has been absolutely glorious! I’ve decided spring is now definitely here and winter has taken its shit and fucked off because it’s a cunt and nobody likes it. At long last.

Anyway, I took the dogs for a walk out in the country, went through a rapeseed field which smelt absolutely gorgeous! Lovely warm sunny day to be out and about. Lots of trees and bushes starting to get their leaves and blossom too.

Went home and sat my arse out in the garden in the warmest sunniest spot. It’s just so nice to finally go outside and feel comfortable temperature wise and not get rained on.

Such a nice evening I washed and polished the volvo too.

Today has been absolutely glorious! I’ve decided spring is now definitely here and winter has taken its shit and fucked off because it’s a cunt and nobody likes it. At long last.

Anyway, I took the dogs for a walk out in the country, went through a rapeseed field which smelt absolutely gorgeous! Lovely warm sunny day to be out and about. Lots of trees and bushes starting to get their leaves and blossom too.

Went home and sat my arse out in the garden in the warmest sunniest spot. It’s just so nice to finally go outside and feel comfortable temperature wise and not get rained on.

Such a nice evening I washed and polished the volvo too.

Get much done on the Capri? ;)

Get much done on the Capri? ;)

Errr...

Best intentions and all that!

Though I did dig out some of the shorter new brake pipes I’ve made up, cleaned them with some white spirit and gave them a coat of clear engine bay lacquer to stop them corroding green. They’re ready to go on the car now, so that’s something?

I've been next door at a 14 year olds birthday party and had a great time.

I dropped my kids off with them this afternoon so had chance to tinker with the Dacia in the sun.  It now appears to start on the button after some slightly bodgey rewiring so I can get on with fixing the MOT issues.  We were invited round for dinner (first time I haven't had to cook in weeks).  Then we played a very loud boardgame and laughed like drains, just a shame its a schoolnight so we had to stop at nine.

I've been next door at a 14 year olds birthday party and had a great time.

I dropped my kids off with them this afternoon so had chance to tinker with the Dacia in the sun.  It now appears to start on the button after some slightly bodgey rewiring so I can get on with fixing the MOT issues.  We were invited round for dinner (first time I haven't had to cook in weeks).  Then we played a very loud boardgame and laughed like drains, just a shame its a schoolnight so we had to stop at nine.

Hey Cats, there's a dude selling a tidy R8 rover in white on facebook for £199, don't think you do social media but it looks a decent donor for the 220 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007598439361&fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARAHN-To72lc9xxKedJMhwGTgqe4-XYoytF1Df_Y9VtWp7sp-s7mbDHo7hdMzR3zYxYgz75260HgdJLn&hc_ref=ARTPp-QtrzAvzcdl4TAzzdwgl7uYQIq-IG5cmVmx_C95lgijy7SCbSleu_zOuVZrAk8&post_id=2648590675156540&dti=390896610925969&hc_location=group

With only 38k on that one someone should just buy it to fix up and cherish.  It would be a horrible waste to use it as a donor.  There is also the slight hitch that its about 200 miles away in North Yorkshire.  If anyone likes the look of the 220 but not the condition then they should buy it.  You'd struggle to find another R8 anywhere near that tidy for £199.

I tried to work on the 220 yesterday buy kept setting the alarm off,  I'll try a new battery in the remote today before I loose my rag and pull the wires off the horn.

apparently I need to log in

That's not appening

I deliver stuff to a place that strips cars , sometimes all I can say is fuck me there are some brave people out there

attachicon.gif20190325_072218.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20190325_57536.jpg

Oh god, I’ve been there before!

post-3771-0-23583900-1553534064_thumb.jpeg

post-3771-0-04556200-1553534123_thumb.jpeg

Lots of work, lots of expense. But it’s the only real way to get rid of all of the shit from the previous 40 odd years.