What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The last couple of days I've been thinking about selling my MK1 Twingo, Impluse purchase while trying to raise 3 kids and do lots of stuff on the house, just no time to do anything. This has resulted in me looking on ebay trying to find something to base my price off. I'm now thinking it'd be a good idea to buy another Twingo, FML. 

Yesterday I ordered a set of brake pads for Huggy, which I think he's going to need before going back on the road.  What arrived at 11.15 this morning?  They only had to come from Bradford but still, that's bloody good service!

Don't you just love it when you find stuff out you didn't know before?

I thought I was a pretty extreme Granada anorak, but just watched this ;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMAFnc6cao#fauxfullscreen.

And discovered GL and Ghia Mark 3s had different gloveboxes, drop down in the GL but cantilevered in the Ghia.

I've owned many examples of both and driven even more, but it had compete lay passed me by.

Also interesting that early Scopios only offered cruise, alarm and rear belts as options, but had standard electric reclining seats- that was a spec dead end.

I know there's a YouTube thread, but can't be arsed looking for it and don't know how to attach them anyway.

I've just convinced my ginger daughter that gingers shouldn't interbreed as that's what causes Albinism, I'd love it if she repeats this in a biology lesson 

That's great, on a similar tack, one of my wife's co-workers isn't very bright and was persuaded that the sex of a baby was determined by the day of the week of conception -- Monday to Wednesday Boy, Thursday to Saturday Girl and Sunday could go any way.  It took her boyfriend looking it up on google that night to put her right!

The last couple of days I've been thinking about selling my MK1 Twingo, Impluse purchase while trying to raise 3 kids and do lots of stuff on the house, just no time to do anything. This has resulted in me looking on ebay trying to find something to base my price off. I'm now thinking it'd be a good idea to buy another Twingo, FML. 

When we moved to France in 1993 I was desperate for my dad to buy my mum a (then newly-released) Twingo.  I was gutted when it was vetoed because there were five of us and no way of fitting a third seatbelt in the back.  Mum ended up with a 2-year-old 205 instead (although it was a Green special edition with green seatbelts, so that made up for it a bit).

Had a great weekend at the Restoration show at the NEC but the biggest grin was the 1990 Saab 900i with the welded up towbar did the 900 mile round trip towing the Sonett all the way behaved perfectly.

And we got the Sonett running again!

I had a drive of a Sonnett once, but it was a V4.  I'd love a go in a stroker (drove a 2-stroke 96 once and it was hilarious).

Don't you just love it when you find stuff out you didn't know before?

I thought I was a pretty extreme Granada anorak, but just watched this ;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMAFnc6cao#fauxfullscreen.

And discovered GL and Ghia Mark 3s had different gloveboxes, drop down in the GL but cantilevered in the Ghia.

I've owned many examples of both and driven even more, but it had compete lay passed me by.

Also interesting that early Scopios only offered cruise, alarm and rear belts as options, but had standard electric reclining seats- that was a spec dead end.

I know there's a YouTube thread, but can't be arsed looking for it and don't know how to attach them anyway.

I had a jellymold granada in the 80s , D reg , I was gobsmacked to find it had ABS but no rear seat belts , sent it for service , couple of days later kickdown to overtake something , eased off and it kept going, I had to stop in on the brakes at full throttle

when they took the air filter off they put the jubilee clip on with the screw at the top so the throttle cable went past it on full throttle but got stuck on the way back

It made for a interesting 30 seconds , if my ex wife had been driving she'd probably be dead now

As an antidote to my grump the other day...

I went to visit the school my little boy will most likely go to, and was actually impressed. It is a small school, with mixed years per class as there are only 76 pupils in the whole school. They take the time to coach the kids properly and everything was better than expected.

Ps. While sitting waiting for the head, I couldn't help but overhead their assembly song for the day...

Lord of the dance? Cumbyah?

Nope. Eye of the tiger... :D

Mrs BMH is out with her sis (and our dog) today.

They've rung me twice to ask how to get home from Babbacombe, about a mile and a half away. So far they have ignored all advice and called in even more pubs on the way back (I've been window fitting).

Oh, it's going to be fun when they get home.

What's the betting they go to bed early and tomorrow they are not well?

Working in Hereford today, so the Ageing Parentals' gaff is (sort of) on the way back to WS12, via - naturally - the independent bookshops in Ledbury and a free feed courtesy of The Mothership.

The grin is that they were both in jolly good spirits.  The double grin is that, as I arrived, the Owd Giffer was finishing off his latest project: a new front garden fence, a water butt plumbed into the downpipe, and raised flowerbeds so Mother can do a bit of horticulture despite crippling arthritis.

He's bloody EIGHTY-ONE next month.  RESTECP.

Working in Hereford today, so the Ageing Parentals' gaff is (sort of) on the way back to WS12, via - naturally - the independent bookshops in Ledbury and a free feed courtesy of The Mothership.

The grin is that they were both in jolly good spirits.  The double grin is that, as I arrived, the Owd Giffer was finishing off his latest project: a new front garden fence, a water butt plumbed into the downpipe, and raised flowerbeds so Mother can do a bit of horticulture despite crippling arthritis.

He's bloody EIGHTY-ONE next month.  RESTECP.

Keeping active is good.

Loads for sale in The Netherlands.

Gaspedaal

Not silly prices either. But you have to be quick!

step daughter had a number of them and I quite liked them, for a city car.

Just bought the latest Practical Classics.

Matt Tomkins has inherited a mk1 Focus from his grandfather, done a nice article on it. Also a mention elsewhere of a Focus "Millenium", plus a query on the help pages re the fuel gauge related to... you guessed it... a mk1 Focus. This is on top of Danny Hopkins buying one in the August 2018 (IIRC) edition. Wonder if he still has it.

I'm delighted, partly as I'm a big fan of the car, but also that PC are featuring such car that few people (currently) would note as being of interest. Might even take out another subscription as this rate!

The dog thinks my chair is hers.

attachicon.gifResized_20190326_115627.jpg

Tried to look cute about it too.

Phil

Is that a red merle collie?

We have a blue.

And to my grin...

The Jaaaaag occasionally displays a 'stability control fail' message, 

And then it cures itself

The Vel Satis has been displaying 'parking brake faulty'

The wife swapped it & took my Jaaaaag

I've been using the VS and the error message has gone.

That's the sort of car I like.