What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Aurora Borealis over the UK tonight.  Might still be about if you're lucky.  If you stick your phone on a three second exposure (or more) and point North, you may get something.  I'm near Dover with fairly poor seeing, so if you're up much further North and it's clear, you may have got a full, spectacular visual display.

IMG_8895.thumb.jpeg.3214faf578b836cb94d2f94d98a75f13.jpeg

We had a good view here in Bg,managed to sleep through it tho....

image.thumb.png.cf1e1021adbd42b994c699d5dbb3656b.png

10 hours ago, MikeR said:

our dog has just had one hell of a night , bonfire party and fireworks , his tail has never stopped wagging ....

he has not been fazed or even broke step  by some of the earth movers going off !!

ok some dogs are more fragile but he is on another level .. he even had a hot dog !!

This is mine at the height of the bangs etc.

Not bothered in the slightest.

20231105_174418.jpg

So completely under the radar, 30,000 people in South Hampshire lost their water on Thursday night and it never came back until Sunday. We're told we may well have more outages.

But because we don't have lots of MPs living in our area and being the scumbags that we are, it barely got a mention on the news, unlike a few thousand folk who lost theirs in leafy Surrey for 24 hours and suddenly it's a "Major Incident".

Anyhow, we turned that into a benefit. To avoid the outage, we booked a last minute holiday to a holiday park on the other side of the New Forest (who did have water). Was dirt cheap and turned out to be made up of brand new static caravans that were very clean.

And the best bit is that it turns out we get £30 compensation for every 12 hours we're without. As that was 6 of those, we'll get the holiday paid for too!

10 hours ago, Wack said:

Bullet train granada to cordoba today 

20231108_064225.thumb.jpg.1ec4a0bbdabd719528dd3c7024c7d547.jpg

7 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Is that the same as the Japanese bullet train?

No and calling them bullet trains is oh so wrong. It is like calling all buses with a platform a Routemaster. The express train services in Spain are called AVE (it is on the side it is on the website) AVE is Alta Velocidad Española. In Spanish Ave is a bird. It is a play on words.

The train in the image is a S102 and built by Talgo or Bombardier. I give you the link from the WIKI in Spanish because it is more informative than the English one. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_102_de_Renfe

8 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

It is like calling all buses with a platform a Routemaster.

could be worse I had a good friend of mine call a Leyland Titan (as in the 1980's type) a Routemaster, like how! they dont even look vaugely similar, still baffles to me to this very day

and to make matters worse he knows what a Routemaster is/looks like too (though knowing me/some open top ones he saw where he lives in Canada)

it was pretty much at this point I figuratively speaking disowned him LOL

8 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

No and calling them bullet trains is oh so wrong. It is like calling all buses with a platform a Routemaster. The express train services in Spain are called AVE (it is on the side it is on the website) AVE is Alta Velocidad Española. In Spanish Ave is a bird. It is a play on words.

The train in the image is a S102 and built by Talgo or Bombardier. I give you the link from the WIKI in Spanish because it is more informative than the English one. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_102_de_Renfe

They have 2 high speed trains here , one looks like this , one more traditional looking , the website I researched them on called it a bullet train , presumably to differentiate it from the standard trains 

It was about 20 minutes late getting in to cordoba , walking up the platform I saw an access panel at the front missing , whether it'd come off at speed or there'd been a problem I don't know 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

They have 2 high speed trains here , one looks like this , one more traditional looking , the website I researched them on called it a bullet train , presumably to differentiate it from the standard trains 

It was about 20 minutes late getting in to cordoba , walking up the platform I saw an access panel at the front missing , whether it'd come off at speed or there'd been a problem I don't know 

Don’t the Japanese call the one that looks like that the “Platypus”? 

15 hours ago, Wack said:

Did you not make your train reservations on the RENFE website.? They are called AVE there.

https://www.renfe.com/es/es/viajar/prepara-tu-viaje/billetes-ave-y-largadistancia/todos-los-billetes

Been out in the cold doing groundwork all week for a granny flat house build so feeling pretty broken. Came home to a greeting of my cars making (another) funny noise. Here we go two three four. Took it for spin this morning and yeah the drive shaft is still grumbling though thats not the noise shes on about that gains with speed. Come home het the jack out all tight apart from said shaft. 

Whats this though

B829CBFC-88FD-40C1-B9C4-BD7E58A4B4D9.thumb.jpeg.c554cbcb16634520b3213d02157c4049.jpeg

Bumper repair worn down and doing the impression of a raleigh griffter with a playing card taped to the fork leg. 

584306AF-0155-4F70-89C9-E8F2D849FBB8.thumb.jpeg.751f7258f771c446b398f811d03ceb8b.jpeg

I like repairs like this. Driveshaft can wait till i'm less broken. 

I've 543 euros coming to me ( stuffed down drivers seat )  , found in a car in August and after emailing prev customers none are claiming to have lost it , reckon I'll get around £450 when exchanging , another £70 off due in few weeks as a druggie who's had a car is refusing to answer emails im sending ,...... I must not look at shite on marketplace ...