Jump to content

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Not mine, my mother's. But that is my leg tbf. Right mardy arse (the lurcher  not my leg)

20240128_200515.thumb.jpg.c8ea8875e61687bbcd7111efab2b568c.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Thought I'd MoT check Apollo 11

image.thumb.png.04f8e4822045300ddcb9e9a00365f0f7.png

Was dragged out of bed to be enthralled by the grainy images. Wasn't it on a school day?

Posted
7 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Was dragged out of bed to be enthralled by the grainy images. Wasn't it on a school day?

That and David Hemery winning gold at the Mexico Olympics - my mum was the sports fan, my dad just wanted the moon :-)
Next morning at school was kind of quiet as I recall.

Posted

I was walking through Morrisons car park on Saturday when  a  woman and (I assume) her mother arrived at their car with a trolley of groceries. The daughter asked the older woman "Do you want these in the boot or in the car?" The older woman's reply......... "Yes". 🤪

  • Like 2
Posted

Group of middle aged people with dogs having a natter at a junction as I pull up in the Princess.  I hear through the slightly open window "Cor, a Princess!" from the one bloke, which made me grin, especially since he didn't appear to be able to drum up any enthusiasm from the others stood nattering.

Posted

Got the otherwise fairly miserable task of putting the last of my grans stuff for sale, her old clothes on Vinted. Apparently the manufacturer of this top she bought didn't bother replacing the label text with their own.

20240129_210052.thumb.jpg.e1c30270239520ef95caa9743aa43045.jpg

Ah yes, that well known fashion brand, Sample Text

Posted

In a Southport pub tonight , it's very quiet  , the bar staff recognised me , and I have not been in for a fortnight and she wasn't on shift when I was last in !!!!! 

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Group of middle aged people with dogs having a natter at a junction as I pull up in the Princess.  I hear through the slightly open window "Cor, a Princess!" from the one bloke, which made me grin, especially since he didn't appear to be able to drum up any enthusiasm from the others stood nattering.

Can you describe what you were wearing? :)

Posted

8am this morning: squatters discovered in my villa. Fucksticks. 
 

11am: big juicy promotion. Unfucksticks. 
 

1:30pm: squatters binned. Double unfucksticks. 
 

What a rollercoaster of emotion. 

  • Like 4
Posted
12 hours ago, MikeR said:

In a Southport pub tonight , it's very quiet  , the bar staff recognised me , and I have not been in for a fortnight and she wasn't on shift when I was last in !!!!! 

They have a photo of you behind the bar.

Posted

This is what you would call a "survivor car" one of the first batch of HQ registered Laguna II's made it to over 22 years old, I had one of the same batch at 2-3 years old and I don't think it made it to 6 yrs old due to the absolutely appaling build quality

Screenshot_20240130_112500_Photos.jpg

  • Like 8
Posted
14 hours ago, MikeR said:

In a Southport pub tonight , it's very quiet  , the bar staff recognised me , and I have not been in for a fortnight and she wasn't on shift when I was last in !!!!! 

You being their only customer for 2 weeks?

  • Haha 2
Posted
14 hours ago, MikeR said:

In a Southport pub tonight ,

Seriously. Southport in a pub ? 

I weep at the pain you must be in. 

 

Posted
7 minutes ago, castros_bro said:

You being their only customer with their own teeth for 2 weeks?

Efcv

  • Haha 2
Posted
12 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Can you describe what you were wearing? :)

Having met vulgalour on a few occasions, (and I mean this in a genuinely complimentary way), that he is the only person who could adequately describe what he was likely to be wearing

Posted

I'd like to say I've toned things down and matured since then.  I haven't.

Posted
20 hours ago, nev_jr said:

8am this morning: squatters discovered in my villa. Fucksticks. 
 

11am: big juicy promotion. Unfucksticks. 
 

1:30pm: squatters binned. Double unfucksticks. 
 

What a rollercoaster of emotion. 

Sounds like they must be a bit more assertive about evicting squatters over there than they are here...

Posted

I follow several farmers on YouTube and among the small farms there is a lot of improvisation and fun things that happen like below, his mate has bought a combine in another US state and shipping is expensive so they haul it home like below over a considerable distance. And the police didn't stop them either.

Screenshot2024-01-3022_27_02.thumb.png.b3649c28ff26a6686ecc840ceb0a2618.png

Screenshot2024-01-3022_28_43.thumb.png.0ec1025c9e1eda31135c6ca3bb94d5ad.png

 

https://youtu.be/10pSNK2RFlQ

Posted
13 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Sounds like they must be a bit more assertive about evicting squatters over there than they are here...

Takes longer than that to get an ambulance here!

Posted
13 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Sounds like they must be a bit more assertive about evicting squatters over there than they are here...

They’re not, we got very lucky here. If they went 72 hours undetected in there they can stay in there for up to two years

Posted
16 minutes ago, nev_jr said:

They’re not, we got very lucky here. If they went 72 hours undetected in there they can stay in there for up to two years

That's absolutely fucking ridiculous, if you'll pardon my french.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...