The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I got a text from the mrs just before I escaped from work.

IMG_4747.thumb.jpeg.dd1afe30016d81027e298f3f3f9e5ca5.jpeg

Old houses, they’re almost as bad as old cars…

The radiator in my son’s room has sprung a significant leak. I’ve isolated it, ordered a replacement from screwfix and will fit it tomorrow; so it’s not the end of the world.

It’s just an extra bloody job on the never ending list though.

Don’t even start me on the water I noticed dripping through the ceiling of the porch yesterday…

On 28/10/2023 at 19:35, richardmorris said:

In other grumps. Went for a short walk this morning round the new and not yet finished Sunningdale park, it was very nice with some lovely ancient trees ( 500yr old chestnut etc), and I used to live across the road from it for years when it was a conference centre. Grump is that the new builds are on the far end of pricy. £700k for a one bedroom flat, £2.7million for a detached.

https://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/developments/berkshire/ascot/sunningdale-park

no one else visiting the park first thing.

IMG_0788.jpeg

IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0786.jpeg

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0789.jpeg

'Kinell.  Who the actual fuck pays 1.3 million quid for a leasehold 2-bedroom flat?  There's places in the country you'd pay a tenth of that.  It's not even that close to London.

14 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

'Kinell.  Who the actual fuck pays 1.3 million quid for a leasehold 2-bedroom flat?  There's places in the country you'd pay a tenth of that.  It's not even that close to London.

Sunningdale is on the line to Waterloo. It’s 40mins on the train so not as quick as the cross rail from reading.

On 28/10/2023 at 17:28, Pieman said:

My girlfriend is also currently in hospital, albeit in intensive care after suffering a blood clot in her lung earlier this week.

Ambulanced in on Wednesday and NHS have been fantastic - have been told that if she hadn't called it and the blood clot had moved to her heart, she would not be here now. 😢 

Which, I can sadly report, subsequently happened.

After being moved from ICU to the respiratory care unit, she took a turn for the worse and the docs say a blood clot dislodged and went into her brain.  She passed away on Sunday evening.  :cry:

Rest in peace Gemma, I love you.

I am so sorry to hear that Pieman :( you and her family have my deepest condolences.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we are all here for you if you need anything, be it someone to talk to shite old cars about or a shoulder to lean on