The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Rust Collector said:

'are you really going to have another beer?!' right before all this happened.

"apparently not" would seem to be the reasonable response there, since the majority content of that beer was liberally spread across several soft furnishings in your home...

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

Well that went well.

IMG_20231027_143627.thumb.jpg.29585f356db35bdfe1633951cd2631ce.jpg

Newly fixed fuel pump lasted approximately four miles before it quit.

Assistance on the way. Just annoying.

Friend gave me a run back home to grab some stuff after we pushed the car out of the bus stop into an adjacent car park to hopefully avoid a parking ticket.  

30 seconds of bodgery later and we were back up and running.

IMG_20231027_160145.thumb.jpg.b82fcbe238e9dce639315bf4c0cef1a4.jpg

Got back home without missing a beat.

Wouldn't do that with a modern Audi with the same fault!

Went out for breakfast to a local tea room. 30 mins before the end of serving. I got there and about 30-40 cyclists had just turned up. I asked if I could jump the queue to order as they weren't having breakfast, got a straight no from everyone of them😡 bloody selfish attitude.

Spending my birthday doing a 12 hour shift. Doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things as the wife hasnt been at all well (spent 7 hours at A&E with her yesterday) so she understandably hasnt even been able to buy a birthday card.

Not bothered as her health is of course far more important.

Cheered up though when my mate from Norn Irn sent me a big box of Tayto cheese & onion and then found inside it a framed photo of me in my Chevette HS from 1979.

Didnt even know he still had the photo.

IMG-2067.jpg

My girlfriend is also currently in hospital, albeit in intensive care after suffering a blood clot in her lung earlier this week.

Ambulanced in on Wednesday and NHS have been fantastic - have been told that if she hadn't called it and the blood clot had moved to her heart, she would not be here now. 😢 

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

My girlfriend is also currently in hospital, albeit in intensive care after suffering a blood clot in her lung earlier this week.

Ambulanced in on Wednesday and NHS have been fantastic - have been told that if she hadn't called it and the blood clot had moved to her heart, she would not be here now. 😢 

All the best for her recovery, that sounds awful.

In other grumps. Went for a short walk this morning round the new and not yet finished Sunningdale park, it was very nice with some lovely ancient trees ( 500yr old chestnut etc), and I used to live across the road from it for years when it was a conference centre. Grump is that the new builds are on the far end of pricy. £700k for a one bedroom flat, £2.7million for a detached.

https://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/developments/berkshire/ascot/sunningdale-park

no one else visiting the park first thing.

IMG_0788.jpeg

IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0786.jpeg

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0789.jpeg

We've just come back from a family get-together and our greyhound has shit on the kitchen floor and walked it bloody everywhere (including her bed). FFS. I can only assume some twunts let off some fireworks while we were out. Light and radio were left on but it hasn't made any difference. 

27 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

We've just come back from a family get-together and our greyhound has shit on the kitchen floorcand walked it bloody everywhere (including her bed). FFS. I can only assume some twunts let off some fireworks while we were out. Light and radio were left on but it hasn't made any difference. 

Fireworks can absolutely GTF. Luckily our whippet doesn't even notice them, but they strike terror into so many animals (and people). It's gone on too long, they should be restricted to professionally run displays on 5th November and NYE only. 

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

Fireworks can absolutely GTF. Luckily our whippet doesn't even notice them, but they strike terror into so many animals (and people). It's gone on too long, they should be restricted to professionally run displays on 5th November and NYE only. 

Given the nanny state we live in, it’s incredible we are actually allowed fireworks. Also given the average intelligence of the U.K. citizen,,it surprising there are relatively few self inflictive injuries.

Horrible grotesquely obese bloke complaining at being momentarily obstructed by my kids as they stopped in the exit at Sainsbury’s to give the poppy lady their donation. Tbf to them most normal sized people/small vehicles could have squeezed through the gap they’d left but apparently not this bloke. Why do people lack any sense of decorum in public?

13 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Given the nanny state we live in, it’s incredible we are actually allowed fireworks. Also given the average intelligence of the U.K. citizen,,it surprising there are relatively few self inflictive injuries.

There’s a cost of living crisis, I’m surprised people can afford them 😂

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

There’s a cost of living crisis, I’m surprised people can afford them 😂

I don’t think it’s “normal people” who’s priority is feeding and keep a roof over their family, that go around the streets letting off fireworks.

Most probably people with disposable income from dubious sources.

Several set off just now somewhere just round the corner of here.  It's the middle of the day and is absolutely hammering it down with rain.

Only reason I'm outside is because I've got a bloody huge fuel leak to fix.

... Especially as idiots are setting of fireworks, several of which we always find remains of on the drive, on the roof and gardens, every year.

10 hours ago, warch said:

Horrible grotesquely obese bloke complaining at being momentarily obstructed by my kids as they stopped in the exit at Sainsbury’s to give the poppy lady their donation. Tbf to them most normal sized people/small vehicles could have squeezed through the gap they’d left but apparently not this bloke. Why do people lack any sense of decorum in public?

Best response I've heard of for this when someone complains like a cunt about something they should just be momentarily tolerant of.

"oh do grow up will you" with a look of utter derision on your face.

Works an absolute treat.

24 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Best response I've heard of for this when someone complains like a cunt about something they should just be momentarily tolerant of.

"oh do grow up will you" with a look of utter derision on your face.

Works an absolute treat.

'not my fault youre the width of the door is it'

fin

On 28/10/2023 at 11:23, andyberg said:

Went out for breakfast to a local tea room. 30 mins before the end of serving. I got there and about 30-40 cyclists had just turned up. I asked if I could jump the queue to order as they weren't having breakfast, got a straight no from everyone of them😡 bloody selfish attitude.

What did you expect from these self appointed pricks.