The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Ever wish your lottery numbers would come up, so you could tell everyone to fuck off and go and live in a little house in the middle of a big plot of land? I do.

I think those are all selling at a premium, preferred by great train robbers and nowadays cannabis farmers.

I'm an introvert. Constantly being talked at drains my batteries. So naturally the Mrs. is doing my head in, and I just want leaving the hell alone in QUIET!

I put her video door bell up Saturday. She spent all Saturday night & Sunday morning chuntering about what she's going to say if crazy old bat next door manages to get the council to come and look at it. Council man will say this, and I'll say that chunter chunter chunter.

Took her out to the countryside for walkies, and hopefully respite. Wrong. Man goes by on push bike and rings bell. Well why should she move? Chunter about cyclists for an hour. (This is after Eddie got knocked down on Friday crossing the road 'cos he has right of way and doesn't have to look. Blammo, hit by an E scooter. No good being in the right and injured).
Took her for an ice cream, and the fucking bastards gave her a PLASTIC spoon. Chunter, banned, chunter. Then some random person said "Jesus Christ", so a good long chunter about that too. Lovely hours drive back constantly going on about spoon, Jesus, cyclists, door bell on a constant loop.

I'm about to dump and run, when she decides she's scared and can I stay another night? FFS. She asks Alexa to play "dollar", and then every song asks "Alexa, who sings this?" After about 7 goes of Alexa saying "this is dollar", I snap and say it's dollar. It's always going to be dollar, that's what you asked for. We go to bed after another round of council man will say this, and I'll say...., for her then to accuse me of being nasty to her all night.

Never have I felt so glad to escape this morning. Turned the radio off, just listened to the engine, peace.... 

13 hours ago, jakebullet said:

I'm an introvert. Constantly being talked at drains my batteries. So naturally the Mrs. is doing my head in, and I just want leaving the hell alone in QUIET!

I put her video door bell up Saturday. She spent all Saturday night & Sunday morning chuntering about what she's going to say if crazy old bat next door manages to get the council to come and look at it. Council man will say this, and I'll say that chunter chunter chunter.

Took her out to the countryside for walkies, and hopefully respite. Wrong. Man goes by on push bike and rings bell. Well why should she move? Chunter about cyclists for an hour. (This is after Eddie got knocked down on Friday crossing the road 'cos he has right of way and doesn't have to look. Blammo, hit by an E scooter. No good being in the right and injured).
Took her for an ice cream, and the fucking bastards gave her a PLASTIC spoon. Chunter, banned, chunter. Then some random person said "Jesus Christ", so a good long chunter about that too. Lovely hours drive back constantly going on about spoon, Jesus, cyclists, door bell on a constant loop.

I'm about to dump and run, when she decides she's scared and can I stay another night? FFS. She asks Alexa to play "dollar", and then every song asks "Alexa, who sings this?" After about 7 goes of Alexa saying "this is dollar", I snap and say it's dollar. It's always going to be dollar, that's what you asked for. We go to bed after another round of council man will say this, and I'll say...., for her then to accuse me of being nasty to her all night.

Never have I felt so glad to escape this morning. Turned the radio off, just listened to the engine, peace.... 

[Looks at recently opened POF account, looks at utterly quiet life, looks at POF account...]

The single life is bliss.

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

Dear photobucket, if my account is that deactivated will you hurry the fuck up and stop emailing me about it, thanks.

image.thumb.png.3a72866d68d31f3347a87328b953dcd9.png

Yes I know I could probably click unsubscribe or summat but I likes to moan.

If you try and go through the supposedly 'automated' process to delete your account it fails straight away, and frankly my life is too short to contact their support team to get it dealt with.

1 hour ago, Markeh said:

If you try and go through the supposedly 'automated' process to delete your account it fails straight away, and frankly my life is too short to contact their support team to get it dealt with.

Twats. I've clicked unsubscribe on the email so hopefully my shit old 2010s photos will keep costing them in storage without ever earning anything and I won't get bothered about it.

On 22/10/2023 at 10:28, w00dy said:

Couple of members of the "Travelling community" came down my tiny close yesterday and it's got me rather nervous. They started with the old we'll do your driveway chat (very keen to get on the property to give a quote, they've switched to offering resin, how modern) "Is your Mummy or Daddy in? I want to speak to the organ grinder not the monkey" I presume trying to size me up a bit since I'm clearly in my mid-30s. "Quiet round here isn't it? How long have you lived here?" "Is your neighbour in? Before pounding on their door to ask if they want their back yard clearing and finally "Do you want to sell the van for cash?" I was blunt, but civil, since they know where I live, but perhaps I should've told them where to stick it. Now I'm going to have to keep the van blocked in order to sleep. Brilliant.

I had them at mine on Sunday too. Wanting to buy the "starter engine" off my volvo. Telling me I'll get fuck all for the car because "Scrap's at £22 a ton".

3 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

'I won't get fuck all scrap money for it as I don't want to scrap it, you chancing cunts'

**Proceeds to get instantly killed by rigger boot enthusiasts**

His response to me calling him a chancer was to threaten to punch me in the face (which seems kind of pointless to me, if you're going to punch someone just do it!) then shout to the two in the van "He's a pedo! He just touched my bum!" which is funny because he was at least 15 years older than me, though he did appear to have the intellect of a 9 year old.

59 minutes ago, reb said:

His response to me calling him a chancer was to threaten to punch me in the face (which seems kind of pointless to me, if you're going to punch someone just do it!) then shout to the two in the van "He's a pedo! He just touched my bum!" which is funny because he was at least 15 years older than me, though he did appear to have the intellect of a 9 year old.

Think you’re doing the average 9 year old a disservice….

I'm starting to appreciate the benefits of going to an actual shop and buying stuff rather than relying on the bullshitters who work for Evri. Apparently they've successfully delivered my order which is in my garage. Only problem is I don't have a garage, and the photo is of someone else's garage, presumably in an unspecified property in the locality. 

On 22/10/2023 at 17:58, richardmorris said:

Plenty of stupid drivers about.

That would be made even better if the cameraman made the drivers do a piece to camera, introducing themselves and making them admit how bloody stupid they are.

And the footage of the tractor busting through the closure barriers further up the page is quite scary - if that trailer had fallen over, fuck knows how they'd have recovered it all!

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

And the footage of the tractor busting through the closure barriers further up the page is quite scary - if that trailer had fallen over, fuck knows how they'd have recovered it all!

It would have served the idiot behind the wheel absolutely right if it had gone over.  Given the location, very unlikely anyone else would have been hurt, and he'd be very unlikely to be able to clear it up before the police arrived...

16 minutes ago, goosey said:

We got this new apprentice at work and he keeps doing this weird grin like he knows something you don’t and in reality he probably knows fuck all that’s really important or worth knowing 

I work in schools occasionally and 15 year olds do it all the time, but you expect it.

However one of my brother in laws does it too and he’s 53! Just want to punch him.

On 22/10/2023 at 19:18, Zelandeth said:

Why are people so daft?  Charging into deep water at those sorts of speed in most vehicles is only going to end one way.

You really do have to question the air intake setup on a lot of moderns too.  We regularly used to get one bit of road by where I used to live flooded to I'd say a bit above knee high, and not one of my crappy old Metros, Saabs, a Mk IV Fiesta, Novas or my dad's Fiat Panda had any bother whatsoever with it...The only one which complained once was the Sierra which required the distributor cap attacked with WD40 on one occasion.

I did have great fun attacking it full rally style in the Skoda Estelle's though...rear engine for the win.

The amount of scenes I've seen with HGVs having issues surprises me too, have they tended to go the same way now?  I'm used to seeing their air intakes on big risers on the back of the cab - though my brain does still tend to think of things like the Ford Cargo as being a few years old...

the modern scanias do NOT have a cab rear mounted snorkel

50 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Annoyed with myself tonight for making a stupid mistake - went to speedway in Birmingham, paid for the car park on arrival, went and watched the meeting and came out afterwards to find I'd left my driver's side window open.  I was lucky the bloody car was still there!

Moar lucky it wasn't pissing down!

51 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Managed to drop a glass of tomato sauce on the floor at the till in the food store, and it exploded, was tomato sauce and glass shards everywhere.

In a similar vein, last night I sat on the sofa to watch tv and drink a beer.

It was one of the bigger 660ml bottles, and before I drank any I managed to drop it on its side so that it poured all over myself and the sofa cushion.

In my panic to resolve the problem, I picked it up too fast and frothed the beer up so it was now frothing out like some kind of lazy volcano.

In a further bout of panic, I put my finger over the top of the bottle but didn't manage to cover it completely.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952x9tzk26lfellc3rz80

As if it couldn't get any better, my mrs was stood there watching throughout the whole debacle, having only just said to me 'are you really going to have another beer?!' right before all this happened.

Sounds like you may have been on the receiving end of a minor hex.

In other news...

IMG_20231025_1342482.thumb.jpg.b26f68cbe00e916124a7896ec97a0227.jpg

Well, bugger.

IMG_20231024_1512332.thumb.jpg.e60ccf24bfad63ae54c45239d01ad337.jpg

Yeah, that'll be bust then. 

It was a replacement handle fitted about six years ago, too.

IMG_20231024_1514042.thumb.jpg.c0ea8d1e45441255feef5626792e906b.jpg

Just sheared off, same as the original.

So now we have a highly creative remote door-pull mechanism install involving shoelaces, operated via the back seat...

IMG_20231024_1512132.thumb.jpg.ff70d0b92ef2fae6104679dbda4f941c.jpg

I've another pattern replacement on order from eBay for £16, delivered.

I'm quite certain it won't fit out of the box (facelift Yaris models like this have a bigger lock barrel than earlier versions, for some reason) but I'll make it fit, like last time.

Second-hand parts don't strike me as much use since they'll be at least eighteen years old now and likely failing along the same points.

I'm gonna guess the new handle will probably outlive the car...