The grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

How's everyone's evening going?

IMG_20230927_1910112.thumb.jpg.a609a7fa5ed69db08071bd6f4ea70249.jpg

You need one of these. Click

I didn't know they existed until I watched a technology connections yt video a while back. 

I don't use the ring pulls normally as with a safety opener I can reuse the lid and lob in the fridge (a tin of beans is too big for one sitting as my wife thinks baked beans are the devil)

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Haven't had a "count down the 2 weeks" for a while...

It's only a bus lane, but I found myself in one earlier for a few seconds

There was a left arrow in the bus lane, and a left/straight on for the middle lane

Trying to plan ahead, I reacted to the left turn only and signalled into there. Then I noticed the [very badly faded, in my defense] solid white line and encountered a "BUS LANE" marking a few seconds later

Quickly got out, there probably wasn't a camera in such a short space of time but I'll find out in 2 weeks. 

Fucking annoying, because faded road marking really piss me off. 

Maybe it would be contestable because of that but a bus lane fine is usually £30 or so, therefore I can't be bothered with the aggro if it comes to it. Just one of those things. 

Still grumpy though...

A good number of them in the southside of Glasgow have been suspended for months (small yellow sign on them).

It's quite joyful driving up them and passing queues of traffic as 8/10 drivers seem incapable of reading them. 

8 hours ago, GMcD said:

You need one of these. Click

Fortunately, I've quite a similar side-cutting opener which rode to the rescue:

IMG_20230927_1910502.thumb.jpg.d7dd2343d4fb8b400b63f8d9cf24a086.jpg

But it was just that sinking feeling of "ah, FFS" as the ring pull came off at the slightest pressure, leaving me standing there like a numpty.

Not the first time it's ever happened to me, but interesting that others have had the same bother specifically with Branson lately!

From what I can tell Enterprise have gone very downhill as of late.

Friend of mine had his vehicle break down in Germany, was flown back to Birmingham, where he tried to collect a car that the AA had arranged at Enterprise - turns out there were no spare vehicles in the entirety of Birmingham, ended up being fetched from the airport by someone else.

Another friend received a reasonably ropey i10 with the service, TPMS and EML on.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Trying to persuade a family member that a particular car is a better fit for them than an end-of-life Alfa with 'severe underbody corrosion' listed at the last MOT when they won't listen and really want an Alfa, despite having a very limited budget and not being able to go and see said car before purchase.

Like pulling fucking teeth.

Well, my partner gave him a deadline of yesterday night to let us know what he actually wants.  We were travelling to a different part of the country where the perfect car was available and had a few days to contact the seller and arrange a viewing and now he's lost that opportunity.

I expect a fucked Alfa in my near future.  His problem now.

On 9/24/2023 at 5:51 PM, gm said:

@DVee8 came round this afternoon and we had a go at diagnosing the bini -

my initial suspicions of the drive shaft were close, the noise was coming from that area, but was not as we thought a ruined cv joint but a rather poorly looking crank pulley dancing around on top of the driveshaft !

how the hell has this happened ? 

IMG_4534.thumb.jpeg.64879d1b6252dfd0d0c0ea5aa0894758.jpeg

IMG_4533.thumb.jpeg.a4d48a75696f5ecb22237b1799700bb7.jpeg

the pulley is 6 months old and was only fitted last month ! IMG_4535.thumb.jpeg.84854655a6399b1e8794cdff81bb57ee.jpeg

i was so astonished at finding this i forgot to examine the cv joints :( but there’s enough of the pulley still fitted that the car still drives - which makes it much simpler to get it to a garage tomorrow :) 

tuesday morning the postie left me a red card of doom, this time i had to collect my parcel from the local post office instead of the usual depot in town. 

as the girl was handing it over, she commented on how heavy it was - i said something like “it’s bits to fix my engine” and ended up chatting to her colleague for ten minutes about the lotus esprit he is restoring - not sure the queue behind me appreciated it :) 

Fragile ? well, yes, the old one certainly was

IMG_4592.thumb.jpeg.bc7378596c1cbac006bf8e7f2f3b167f.jpeg

my problem here is the threaded holes for removing the pulley are part of the bit already off the car :( 

IMG_4594.thumb.jpeg.e56340abf92681fe273f5986aaef67db.jpeg

i tried a few tentative grinder cuts then set about making a puller. i drilled and tapped threads in the remains of the pulley and got stuck in 

IMG_4596.thumb.jpeg.28e4174c28160d3cd8627a37825b7462.jpeg

nope - that pulley is only coming off in pieces

which it did

IMG_4597.thumb.jpeg.e252aad0801641ec3ca2ca2cfe2b4d00.jpeg

IMG_4598.thumb.jpeg.fdb3bdd2abcbc733cdba1e03447495a2.jpeg

IMG_4599.thumb.jpeg.730c3acbdf2069d67141c94c91aa4d17.jpeg

IMG_4601.thumb.jpeg.e3efb261abe45b7d31a7313960ef1378.jpeg

being extra careful not to damage the end of the crank

well, i did my best

IMG_4604.thumb.jpeg.6c64b344ba74b2b193238c6a66dc9570.jpeg

i wonder if the supplier will want this sent back ?

IMG_4605.thumb.jpeg.a69c98e511a840213e432a58816f2857.jpeg

now to get the new one on and that belt fitted

IMG_4606.jpeg.ffff516f5494297b6f66ac2b8bc36ac2.jpeg

all done :) 

IMG_4608.thumb.jpeg.f12b6e8352979a8ad5a0f627dfa1abbe.jpeg

and to celebrate, the number plate fell off again 

IMG_4610.thumb.jpeg.aa1ee33dae82a61386f5f6df2474ccd4.jpeg

all seems to be well so far, on the test drive i heard a clonk from under the car - i bet that’s the 16mm socket i dropped earlier 

IMG_4613.thumb.jpeg.f5e90c28c19c2fea5c3958a0fff51d5a.jpeg

aye, that’s the one

IMG_4611.thumb.jpeg.b2f40cd2e1870428d55f71ec67896909.jpeg

this lot can go in the bin 

IMG_4614.thumb.jpeg.b5b05c0e2bd6ea2056a78a78effa69e8.jpeg

definitely a job i should have taken to a garage but it’s done now - let’s hope this one lasts a bit longer :) 

Offering people help and support (in this case, someone who'd lost their job) and them responding that they either don't need help or want to be left alone, and then seeing a Facebook post thanking other people for helping them in the last few days.

They may as well just say to me "Yes I do want help, just not from you cos I don't actually like you or want you around, so fuck off".  When someone does that it always feels like they've stuck shit through my letterbox.

Had the man from the council dog fouling team phone up about mr. doesn't give a fuck & his shit machines roaming about shitting.

He knew exactly who I was talking about, as he's been getting complaints for about 8 years from all over my estate. The official line is I fill in a form saying I've seen his shit machines shitting. They then issue him with a £100 fine. When he doesn't pay (Man says he never pays), council take him to court, and he gets a copy of the form with my deets, so he knows who's car to damage. He gets another conviction and pays it at 5p a week.

That sounds less than ideal. Man agrees, and says he's an ignorant old git. Man suggests he will attempt to spot him walking around with shit machines, which will result in a fine as he never has poo bags / can be seen to let them shit everywhere. Man not looking forwards to this as last time he was assaulted with dog lead. I thank man and wish him luck.

From what I can tell Enterprise have gone very downhill as of late.
Friend of mine had his vehicle break down in Germany, was flown back to Birmingham, where he tried to collect a car that the AA had arranged at Enterprise - turns out there were no spare vehicles in the entirety of Birmingham, ended up being fetched from the airport by someone else.
Another friend received a reasonably ropey i10 with the service, TPMS and EML on.
We had a 19 plate outlander delivered to work the other day by them ... they called 3 hours later to see if it had gone out as had been sold .... they swapped it for a Corsa ... a Corsa excite on a 19 plate .... where's the nice new stuff ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Had the man from the council dog fouling team phone up about mr. doesn't give a fuck & his shit machines roaming about shitting.

He knew exactly who I was talking about, as he's been getting complaints for about 8 years from all over my estate. The official line is I fill in a form saying I've seen his shit machines shitting. They then issue him with a £100 fine. When he doesn't pay (Man says he never pays), council take him to court, and he gets a copy of the form with my deets, so he knows who's car to damage. He gets another conviction and pays it at 5p a week.

That sounds less than ideal. Man agrees, and says he's an ignorant old git. Man suggests he will attempt to spot him walking around with shit machines, which will result in a fine as he never has poo bags / can be seen to let them shit everywhere. Man not looking forwards to this as last time he was assaulted with dog lead. I thank man and wish him luck.

What a shit situation for you and everyone else to be involved in!

HARDY HAR HAR

[gets coat] :(

55 minutes ago, robthedonkey said:

We had a 19 plate outlander delivered to work the other day by them ... they called 3 hours later to see if it had gone out as had been sold .... they swapped it for a Corsa ... a Corsa excite on a 19 plate .... where's the nice new stuff ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I had a Peugeot 3008 from their branch in Cork last year as an insurance claim courtesy car. It was on the km equivalent of 60k miles. It replaced a Skoda Kamiq when I noticed that the Kamiq's tyres were on the point of becoming illegal.

2 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Why are cunts like him even allowed to own dogs if they aren't capable of cleaning up after them. 

Must admit this estate is actually pretty good for lack of dog oysters as most folk seem to have security cameras and offenders get threatened with social media shaming on the local Facebook group if they don't pick them up. Seems to work. 

3 hours ago, jakebullet said:

f0b112b3874c2826849abe63772693ba.thumb.png.29dbb6ef2b39245143c0664489840985.png

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

f0b112b3874c2826849abe63772693ba.thumb.png.29dbb6ef2b39245143c0664489840985.png

You'd think "return to sender" would get him to stop. I may* have done it. Ma's seen Alan returning. N the dog eggs are going from CND's patch, so he's probably doing it too.

I want to lanoguard the disco, but it's been dog egged all around which puts you off a bit* even though you've returned the eggs. Oh, and it reeks of jeyes fluid, as Ma is convinced it will repel dogs. Spoiler: it doesn't.

Don't know if those ultrasonic things work. Could be next to try.

14 hours ago, jakebullet said:

You'd think "return to sender" would get him to stop. I may* have done it. Ma's seen Alan returning. N the dog eggs are going from CND's patch, so he's probably doing it too.

I want to lanoguard the disco, but it's been dog egged all around which puts you off a bit* even though you've returned the eggs. Oh, and it reeks of jeyes fluid, as Ma is convinced it will repel dogs. Spoiler: it doesn't.

Don't know if those ultrasonic things work. Could be next to try.

I put a neighbour's Alsation off doing massive gushing pisses right outside my driveway every day with some pepper. I asked the owner to stop letting it do that as my son wheeled through it with his scooter which was unpleasant but she said as it wasn't in my property there was nothing I could do. The pepper seemed to work and is harmless to the dog.

Thankfully they moved away yesterday, cunts.

14 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Don't know if those ultrasonic things work.

One of my neighbours has one on her front lawn, I walk by every day with my dogs and they don't bat an eyelid at it and will happily stop and sniff around the pavement near it... It fucks me off though as I find the noise really grating so maybe it'll keep your neighbours away 😅

14 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Odd.  The Key Arse Tonic we had from the Cherbourg office last Friday was immaculate, with 5000km on the clock, and has behaved impeccably so far.

I shall complain... 😁

Via the RAC my wife got a car from.entrrprise. Bangor.  They couldn't find an automatic, but instead filled the black car up to the brim, with fuel and marked it up as collected with the fuel tank on empty. Delivered it direct to my wife's holiday cottage. 

I rented a long sprinter the other week fir 2 days from. SOUTHPORT. Apart from.the fact that they had no parking spaces so i had ti leave my astra in the street. They were efficient and did not trust to fob me off with "no dents" Bullshilt. It had a few. 

21 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I put a neighbour's Alsation off doing massive gushing pisses right outside my driveway every day with some pepper. I asked the owner to stop letting it do that as my son wheeled through it with his scooter which was unpleasant but she said as it wasn't in my property there was nothing I could do. The pepper seemed to work and is harmless to the dog.

Thankfully they moved away yesterday, cunts.

Thing is people have no ability to come and go. Or even think of others. Defence's come right up with even small things. How dare you ask such a reasonable request. 

I don't think it's much to ask to drag the dog a few metres away from an entrance to do a pish. 

I get dogs can sometimes go where they want to, but simply a 2 second deviation from them (walk on the other side of the street, drag the dog or walk in the kerb at that spot) and problem solved.

I don't own a dog but regular look after my friends. I would never let the thing pish outside someone's drive or path. I think it's rude. But maybe I'm out of touch. 

I'm 9 weeks into my new job. I seem to have made friends with a few people.

But the guy I sit next to, is an absolute....actually I can't describe how much I now hate him.

Last week, I came in on Friday last week feeling a bit miserable, so I greeted him with the words "good morning, where are you on the mood ladder, cause I feel a bit down, and I need someone to cheer me up" 

His response was something like "I don't know what you are talking about. Why would you ask me that?" 

Today I came in and greeted my 3 colleagues including him " Good morning all. And it is always a good morning when you wake up...(and then to him)..Good morning..xxxxx...Nice to see you without your headphones on" 

His response, was " why do you insult me everytime you talk to me? Last week you insult me with your mood ladder and now you are having a go about my wearing headphones" 

What the absolute ballocks. What paranoid world do you actually live in? Where you think I would go out of my way to insult anyone.. I won't even stoop to call my trivial greeting.....banter, because clearly you are looking for a fight.  You won't get one from me. That's the last time I speak to you, unless you speak to me first.  And should you be on fire, I won't spare the steam on my piss to put you out. 

COVID has ravaged the office today. Called to work at 5am on my ‘late start” day because one of the 2 early supervisors was unwell. One of the waste team leads also called up unwell while I was on my way in. 7am had a team meeting discussing the next week as 5 frontline also have COVID.

9am the supervisor who called me tested positive. Mass test in the office, myself and supervisor 4 and team lead 2 negative but 6 of the 15 admin staff tested positive.

Our policy is still stay away for 5 days or until you test negative, whichever is the sooner. At least the other team lead bought everyone a breakfast from the local snack wagon. I’ve just got over Noro, I don’t want this.

8 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

COVID has ravaged the office today. Called to work at 5am on my ‘late start” day because one of the 2 early supervisors was unwell. One of the waste team leads also called up unwell while I was on my way in. 7am had a team meeting discussing the next week as 5 frontline also have COVID.

9am the supervisor who called me tested positive. Mass test in the office, myself and supervisor 4 and team lead 2 negative but 6 of the 15 admin staff tested positive.

Our policy is still stay away for 5 days or until you test negative, whichever is the sooner. At least the other team lead bought everyone a breakfast from the local snack wagon. I’ve just got over Noro, I don’t want this.

I’ve got all the symptoms but negative tests. Had this about 4 times since it all started. 

heard on radio that deacon blue are touring

cant do the manchester one as its on friday and im going to belfast

ironically the belfast gig is during next week which is a shame theres leeds and things also but no way id get there on a weeknight without huge stress

then they do austrailia

i could do brighton tomorrow as i got new guy who said hed do my sat but i need to get the shock put in the bike first as saturday is the only day they could do before i go belfast

edit train to brighton would be 131 quid if they werent strike

flight to southampton goes via either guernsey (!) or jersey (!) and starts with a 3

fek that

2 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

IMG_3458.thumb.jpeg.f6bc5d258c5289221ba112fc9c0e31ef.jpegOh Cock. I was negative at lunchtime but the wife has come home from work fully of lurgy and cold. We’re both positive, as bow is team lead 2. Just leaves the newest supervisor and any mug he can rope in on Monday to unlock.