What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I thought Luther had finished. What with the sidekick dying, Luther getting with Alice etc.

Sadly it's only a 2 part special. I also thought it was as over as over could be, Luther headed off to the wrong side of the law to live happily ever after with Alice the Duck-Faced Psycho, but maybe the BBC realised they'd killed off one of the few shows they had that was actually any good,

Nelson Mandella's back and this time etc.

I paid TEN PENCE for this at the charity shop today:

4GnA51w.jpg

I'll probably read it at some point, but for now I'm still admiring the bleak title and cover artwork.

I dare you to type out the entire contents of that book, format it nicely into a new "thesis" and then do the rounds of the telly, blarting on about how you could cure broken Britain.

dare you

I was supposed to be going Christmas shopping this afternoon, the weather was fairly mild so I took the mazda - and made a fifty mile detour round the back roads with the roof down. I love that little car - it's just such simple fun :)

The shops were surprisingly quiet when I eventually got there so managed to get everything done in under an hour - just a quick trip to the supermarket for some wine and beers and Christmas is all organised :)

Had a Christmas card from some Muslim friends - ex 2cvers. The card is from www.muslimsforpeace.org.uk and www.loveforallhatredfornone.org.

I'd sent them a card from the ashmolean in Oxford- titian's madona and child.

post-8687-0-47532300-1450377873_thumb.jpeg

Grin 1) it looks like I've sorted out digs near Midsomer Norton for my new job, and grin 2) there was a red Sierra dolly-towing a yellow mk3 Cortina (looked project material) down the M18 towards the M1 today.

Do be careful, watch out for a bunch of piquantly assorted eccentric characters living there, avoid all village get-togethers, group activities and local societies and hopefully you will avoid being murdered.

... currently watching '2001....'

There is NO film since... That Is All ;)

"What are you doing, Dave?"

"I'm trying to sort out a dodgy earth in your logic generators, you irritating bag of spanners.  Now shut the fuck up and let me think."

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that." 

"What's the problem?" 

"I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do." 

"What are you talking about, HAL? Your readout displays are lit up like a fucking Christmas tree and there is no Haynes Book of Negotiable Truth that fully covers the 9000 series.  You might as well be a fucking Citroen CX."

"I know that you're planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen." 

"Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?"

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

"MY GOD.... IT'S FULL OF SHITE...."

:D 

I reckon Kubrick flogged all the HAL technology to Renault after filming finished, where it sat in a storeroom gathering dust until the engineers found it just before starting work on the Laguna II engine management....

Akchwally, HAL was instructed to lie, that's why he/it went bonkers, so I reckon he's been employed over at VW.

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the emissions.

I sacked off two thirds of a meeting yesterday (and cost myself about £30 in doing so) then breezed in towards the end and scored a massive work related victory.

Cunning scheme of buying loan parts on funding secure and flipping them for 2% more on the secondary market has broken the £9 profit barrier. Doesn't sound much, but I'm only cycling the same few hundred quid round. If I could be arsed to keep it up for a full year I'd be looking at a return of 40%. Beats chuff all interest in the bank.

Do be careful, watch out for a bunch of piquantly assorted eccentric characters living there, avoid all village get-togethers, group activities and local societies and hopefully you will avoid being murdered.

My folks live there. You speak with 100% accuracy