What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Double grin, Work has shutdown for christmas and I'm off now until the middle of January. Also this morning a car transporter came and took the spare rebel away so I now have a spare space in a garage!

It was this one in case anyone was wondering:

Now all I need to do is sell the nicer blue van!

20151218_151800.jpg

Originally from spital tongues to the quayside, built to transport coal. Only the bit from under byker bridge to new bridge street is open to the public, the centre section under northumberland street is now a storm drain.

I first found out about it around 25 years ago while helping do some research into the Hancock museum and the natural history society - the tunnel goes under the museum and there is a wartime entrance (it was used as an air raid shelter) in the grounds.

I brush painted a Ford Cortina MK2 estate (GT at that!) in Parsons 'Re-paint' a few decades ago. It was dirt cheap, Modena green and dried to a perfect finish! I was astonished at how good it came out 'cos I took fuck all care, no masking, naff all prep...

However, I put some fuel in it before it had hardened and the paint ran off and landed on the forecourt floor!

I brush painted a Ford Cortina MK2 estate (GT at that!) in Parsons 'Re-paint' a few decades ago. It was dirt cheap, Modena green and dried to a perfect finish! I was astonished at how good it came out 'cos I took fuck all care, no masking, naff all prep...

However, I put some fuel in it before it had hardened and the paint ran off and landed on the forecourt floor!

Lols.......I remember someone along our street doing that, about 1984, also a mk2 estate GT, with some new fangled Hammerite product. From black to sky blue........it actually didn't look too bad from about 20 yards away.

My dad hand painted our Renault 12 in 1988 from Brown to blue. Only did it because the brown was oxidising and he'd basically t-cut the thing down to its last layer of paint.

He used stuff called Cannons repaint as I recall (could have been the same as Parsons stuff the honourable Mr Triple mentioned earlier) and again it looked OK. Not a spray finish by any means but acceptable. It would have been better if he had Farecla'd out the few brush marks but he never bothered with polishing it.

If I had a horrible old shitter I would consider doing it but might use a roller instead Vulgalour stylee. Certainly much cheaper than a respray

Something that made me grin - on Thursday I was walking to my car in a Canary Wharf car park. The place was fairly deserted and as I walked back towards my car a Clio suddenly reversed out of a space making me hop out of the way. He stopped and hopped out, looked at me and gave me some verbal, I gave him a little back along the lines of "your car is quiet and your reversing lights weren't on, I had no idea you were coming out, etc". Anyway matey thought that my walking past his car was a major slur on his character or sexual prowess so gave me some more verbal and hopped back in his car.

As I walked away I heard the scream of a 1200 Renault engine at 5000 rpm, a squeal as traction was lost twixt Tarmac and Ditchfinder, and I turned around to see this Clio rocket backwards and slam into a concrete post!

Guy sat there hammering the steering wheel and shouting at himself, the world, and me. I turned away as he revved the bollocks off this little thing and screamed out of the car park.

Best bit - when I got to the exit he was in one of the lanes screaming and shouting at the machine because it wouldn't let him out. I calmly inserted my token, my barrier opened, I turned to him and nodded as if to say "alright mate?" And drove off. I had to laugh, someone obviously had a bad day and anger issues but it seemed the world was really turning on this guy and he really wasn't dealing with it very well!

And that children is what Karma does when you call an innocent passer by a "total f***ing retard c**t" for daring to walk through a car park to their car.

Me and a friend decided to paint my Morris j4 van outside my dads house after a hard mornings work in the local pub!!!

Bought 2 tins of black household paint on way home.

Realised we didnt get a paintbrush...

Not to worry,just got on roof tipped paint out and spread it out with rag as it ran down sides etc.

Came out remarkably well.As did the neghbours cat,our dog,my dads dog.

I believe there is still a van shaped outline in black on road.

Took several hours to get paint off ourselves...

Several more the next day scraping paint off windscreen and window cos we had painted them as well.

Something that made me grin - on Thursday I was walking to my car in a Canary Wharf car park. The place was fairly deserted and as I walked back towards my car a Clio suddenly reversed out of a space making me hop out of the way. He stopped and hopped out, looked at me and gave me some verbal, I gave him a little back along the lines of "your car is quiet and your reversing lights weren't on, I had no idea you were coming out, etc". Anyway matey thought that my walking past his car was a major slur on his character or sexual prowess so gave me some more verbal and hopped back in his car.

As I walked away I heard the scream of a 1200 Renault engine at 5000 rpm, a squeal as traction was lost twixt Tarmac and Ditchfinder, and I turned around to see this Clio rocket backwards and slam into a concrete post!

Guy sat there hammering the steering wheel and shouting at himself, the world, and me. I turned away as he revved the bollocks off this little thing and screamed out of the car park.

Best bit - when I got to the exit he was in one of the lanes screaming and shouting at the machine because it wouldn't let him out. I calmly inserted my token, my barrier opened, I turned to him and nodded as if to say "alright mate?" And drove off. I had to laugh, someone obviously had a bad day and anger issues but it seemed the world was really turning on this guy and he really wasn't dealing with it very well!

And that children is what Karma does when you call an innocent passer by a "total f***ing retard c**t" for daring to walk through a car park to their car.

And it would never have happened if he had learned to reverse into a space.....