What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Lol, how coincidental! I was on google images looking up the Rover 827 for image of my favourite wheels for the nice wheels thread when I came across this image:

rover-827-chip-tuning.jpg

This is actually my car that I still own, seemingly, some Turkish "tuning" outfit saw fit to use the photo of my car to advertise thier product. Oddly enough, I have a flat and a wife in Turkey and I'll be there in a few days time.

The photo isn't technically mine, it was the eBay photo used to advertise my car when Very_Tall_Brad bought it originally before I bought it.

Walter Mitty lives again! Read through to the end, it’s hilarious.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/16379213.man-in-body-armour-convicted-of-impersonating-police-officer-at-cheshire-oaks-car-showroom/?ref=mr&lp=1

Dr Alexei Luca Samuel Von Sonderburg-Glucksburg, 41, of Sarn Lane, Caergwrle,

Also know as Lee Morris!

I’d be quite content with a Morris 1000.

So, what I read into that- "What was promised= something impractical, expensive and flashy

"What was delivered" = more than what you'd expect but eh, familiar and cheap to remedy

How silly. So, as a change of direction:

I watched Star Trek 4 the other day. Much Californian shite to be viewed in the background.

tumblr_mjz5tk2xZu1s67vyfo6_250.gif

Phil

The internet modem in this house finally died last night. It"s wifi is not going anywhere .

The grin. this very old Compaq computer which always runs perfectly is connected by wires to the net and still working happily  :-D

EDIT:  Rang the providers service no. and the Indian sounding chap agreed the modem was not working so agreed to send a new one, and about 2 hours later received a text from the courier co, to say they had a sig. required packet on the way. Also impressed with the call handling system, they said a wait of 40-60 mins, but press 1 and we will call you when you get to no.1. Actually got a call much sooner so was very pleased.

Insurance Companies!

No wait, I know this is the grin thread.

Called up to change my insurance from the Civic to the Corolla and was told it was £25 admin fee to change. 

Fair enough, go for it. "Let me pop you on hold" followed by "Oh, my payment system isn't working, I'll just waive the admin fee. That's you covered"

Oh, OK then!

And it just passed it's MOT!

The DVLA being in this thread is pretty much unheard of but today they made it ! A nice new V5 arrived for the Renault 7 this morning. It only took about a week and the paperwork was sent with a dating certificate. It also proves that you can import a 40 year old car and there is no need to get an mot.

The DVLA being in this thread is pretty much unheard of but today they made it ! A nice new V5 arrived for the Renault 7 this morning. It only took about a week and the paperwork was sent with a dating certificate. It also proves that you can import a 40 year old car and there is no need to get an mot.

Good news:)

Shame - can only like once.......... top news!

Dropped my mountain bike off to a local repair place on the way home from work, and as the trike was ready I decided to try and ride it home. Was doing quite well and got a decent lick of speed up as I approached a bench with some mountain bike youths lolling about. Anyhow, the path splits off and I was going left, but managed to run out of talent, go straight across the grass and stopped a couple of foot short of a BFO thorn hedge. Got a considerable round of applause/cheering and they were laughing their heads off. Made my day that did.

Bidding on that Olds has got me quite excited to win it, which will no doubt subside when I eventually get outbid.

Just watched a period road test review, they say it handles okay, is slow, and terrible on fuel. But is super comfortable. That'll do.

Further to the weather related ramblings on the grump thread.

It’s raining here! Just had some thunder and it’s been cloudy most of the day today but it’s just started spitting and raining. There’s that nice rain smell in the air too!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the dry and warm sunshine but the wildlife and trees really do need some rain now.

I’ve even left the Mercury out for any potential rain to wash the dust off!

We had an amazing thunderstorm last night/early hours this morning that woke me up. It has brougth the heat level down from tantrum-inducing to tolerable so I'm actually getting work done without wanting to throw up. Yesterday, there was a man in town wearing a puffer jacket and he wasn't sweating.  I suspect he was a cryptid of some sort.  Or an Australian.

Normally clickbait shit advertised on facebook is a load of old tat, riddled with adverts and worse, but this one is very interesting.

Current vehicle layouts/proportions, but with 1960's 1970's technology. Some look a bit odd, but others look brilliant.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/how-today%e2%80%99s-cars-might-have-looked-in-the-past/ss-BBL4MrP?ocid=ientp#image=1