What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Go and find a local independent, all the big chains quote a low price per sqm then absolutely load it up with the underlay gripper etc.

This! Or even better get it from somewhere like Carpets Online and get an independent fitter to fit it.  Carpetright are an absolute rip off.  I speak from bitter experience!

1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Go and find a local independent, all the big chains quote a low price per sqm then absolutely load it up with the underlay gripper etc.

It's the way they all work 

Years ago we went to DFS to look at a bedroom which was some huge number off their ridiculous RRP ,  70% or something like that 

Utter bollocks , the carcass was 70% off but the doors, pelmets , shitty bits of trim were all full price , all the things that made it look nice trebled the price 

My pissed off face was full on that day , the sales teenager had probably worked his magic on lesser mortals but that wasn't happening , went to an independent who did the job for a fair price , no sly deals 

41 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I've done this for years, always cheaper than multis. They are more likely to give you an honest all-in/m2 price, and use the best fitters to keep their reputation

4 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

Customer came in and handed me this last night for helping him out a couple of weeks ago. Looks like the good stuff. 😎

PXL_20230626_194301192.MP.jpg

That is a very nice whisky and the storeman at the distillery when I used to be a wet behind the ears sales rep (40 years ago) was a gentleman.

10 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Unfortunately 3 of the local independents cannot supply and fit within our timescale, which is 2 weeks. We’re gonna trim what we want down somewhat as I can fit carpet in perfectly square rooms and lay & fit the vinyl we want in the bathroom. I did notice the amount of vinyl on the order was much higher than the actual square meterage so a piece of offcut may well be all we need. Plenty to look at DIY wise I think

15 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Track saws

8581C2D9-B53E-4435-9BFE-C0D5BA9BBE1E.thumb.jpeg.c7883f6b3e275f4b6f943c19ce8bc66c.jpeg

This ones a mafell. Cheaper than a festool and just as good/in someways better. Nice bit of kit wish it was mine. I do have a decent skill saw and a six foot level which had served the purpose.

I can't believe I spent 36 years of my life before I bought a track saw. I didn't even know they existed. They're fucking amazing

3 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I can't believe I spent 36 years of my life before I bought a track saw. I didn't even know they existed. They're fucking amazing

Ain't they just. Got the governor to bring his ine in to chop the very much on show decor ends. Does such a decent job. If i couldn't borrow this one id defo buy my own.image.thumb.jpg.8f2de25328628b08760085ff996551b5.jpg

I was sitting in a queue at a set of temporary traffic lights yesterday when a guy on one of those illegal leccy scooters zoomed along the pavement towards me. Not sure if he was trying to be a hero and wheelie off the kerb or if he gave it too much throttle but it looped over and chucked him off the back onto the road. The funny bit was once he stood up , he ran round in circles holding his arse with both hands like someone off an E4 comedy. I sat staring straight ahead desperately trying not to laugh.

11 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Track saws

8581C2D9-B53E-4435-9BFE-C0D5BA9BBE1E.thumb.jpeg.c7883f6b3e275f4b6f943c19ce8bc66c.jpeg

This ones a mafell

I have a Bosch branded version of the track. The jointing plates are better than the other manufacturers'. The Mafell saws tend to be better than the Bosch ones (although some appear to be rebranded Mafells?)

10 hours ago, cobblers said:

They're fucking amazing

Tools aren't everything, but makes it so much easier and quicker.

Barbara Cartland Dave Lee Travis dog is 13 today (photograph copywrite of DATE STAMP GARAGES the day we actually got him)

May be an image of dog

He's led a (mostly) charmed life

No photo description available.

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be an image of 1 person, ferret, slow loris and hedgehog

olliecar2a.thumb.jpg.d3f0f8f43c0015ce51e2cb935c886f2d.jpg

May be an image of dog