What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

10 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Methinks I'd check the MoT History on a 'lovingly and carefully' maintained car near me:
image.png.b049a5bb42a2caf68cc47724e45a23c2.png

That's an advisory? ! 

Was it an XM? they have rubber bushing to absorb changes in force.

7 hours ago, Sham said:

Barry Sheene was the Chuck Norris of motorcyclists.

Hard as fucking nails, that man.

Agreed , normal people would've looked at their legs and arms facing the wrong way and thought, right, that's enough of that then, not how soon can I race again doctor 

Saw him in the pits at Malory Park in 1977 , transatlantic races, on the track the bikes looked futuristic but close up they were a bag of bolts , his suzuki had a fairy liquid bottle near his right calf with a pipe going off somewhere 

Maybe that was if Kenny Roberts got too close on the final straight 

10 hours ago, DSdriver said:

Was it an XM? they have rubber bushing to absorb changes in force.

No - this was a Pug HDi and, on reflection, I think they must be referring to the aux belt pulley that bolts on over the top of the actual crank pulley (I'd thought they meant the main crank pulley but now realise that you can't actually see that on those unless you pull off the belt pulley and the cambelt cover 🤦‍♂️).

he XM type pulley sounds like the 940's - they also have a built in rubber vibration damper that can deteriorate and cause'wobble'e symptoms on the belt pulley.
An advisory on either would probably be OK - I was thinking main crank pulley in a senior moment.

Best thing I've ever bought is this bike. This is my commute home from work:!!!! 

177843669_2023-06-2919_58_38.thumb.jpg.b6148590c45cc5bf3436a16406edb8b3.jpg

Had it not much more than a week and already done 240 miles! I'm happier, more fit and I'm exploring places that I'd never otherwise get to.

I know it's flipping cheating having a motor on it, but perfection is the enemy of success. It's a compromise but it still means I'm getting shitloads more exercise than I otherwise would - I set off home from work last night at 5pm feeling a bit lethargic, couldn't really be arsed. As soon as I'd got half a mile down the road I'd perked right up and ended up doing 29 miles all over the place! 

And best of all I didn't pay any tax on the bastard because of HMRCs incredibly generous cycle to work thingy

Bought a genuine new Merc temp sensor this morning spoke to a very helpful lady on the phone from the dealer, item in stock collected and fitted job done. Then took the battery back to ECP under warranty (4years) swapped for a new one with no fuss whatsoever. 

35 minutes ago, MikeR said:

Brimmed the car up north in some remote place ,1.40 a plop ,as opposed to at home in not so a remote place price of 1.50 a plop ..

Gauge is still full ..

I filled up in *Nechells last Friday morning....£1.299.

Will be putting another £50 in tomorrow 

*Costco Birmingham next to Star City. 

On 7/2/2023 at 10:38 AM, EyesWeldedShut said:

Methinks I'd check the MoT History on a 'lovingly and carefully' maintained car near me:
image.png.b049a5bb42a2caf68cc47724e45a23c2.png

That's an advisory? ! 

2.0 HDI? Very common for blowing apart

A sensible tester - the DVSA does recommend that testers advise any non-testable items that are worthwhile making the presenter aware of, especially in this case they've probably identified it as a common problem which is about to fail as they so often do. 

46 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

It's pretty cheap. Thanks to high inflation, it's the equivalent of £1 per litre in 2016

Isn't it the cause of High inflation? 

57 minutes ago, Wack said:

I wouldn't mind my last 60 seconds on earth being with a female nurse bouncing on me to be honest ,

Fist bump from Saint Peter at the pearly gates 

'Nice one playah, go straight to the front of the VIP queue' *

*Obviously they've dumbed heaven down a bit since the olden days