The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

The cortina nearly ruined Christmas by bursting its Heater matrix and pumping Amazonian levels of cloud cover into the cabin. After amazingly not crashing I locked it in the garage in the huff. Today I bypasses the heater with a bit of hoselock apparatice and it’s happy again . The heater never worked anyway .

I was surprised to see you can get new ones on eBay for 65 quid.

Another vote for RH here 320touring, I've been with them for years and wouldn't use anyone else. I would imagine you'd get a premium around £70 for the Oxford. That price from Carole Nash is ridiculous, unless you've got business insurance on the policy!

If memory serves RH is now part of the Hiscox group so you should get decent claims service too

Both my little sisters have now passed their driving tests and are on the road in pleasingly old crap. Ageing KA with low mileage but typically flaky underside, and a rare and tidy Perodua Kelisa.

My mother has also just bought a 1989 Peugeot 205 CJ as a local runaround to replace her horrible Zafira! Apparently it cost £450, runs well but 'needs tidying'. I haven't seen it yet.

Good thing I've moved out as the shite content on the previously modern driveway is getting out of control. Still got two of my old crocks in the garage and one behind the side gates, of course :D

post-3865-0-92900400-1546118475_thumb.jpg

Well the Rover 75 did a sterling (heh) job of wafting me to Somerset and back for Christmas with the folks.  It averaged about 47mpg over the return trip, which included a bit of local running around at my parents' and a detour to Raunds on the way home to pick up an injector pump for the Audi - not too bad really considering that England was basically one enormous car park for the journey home, although the journey down was done in full-on waft mode, motorway all the way with the cruise set to an indicated 70.  I'm getting the hang of the in-car sat nav now - it's a fair bit clunkier to use than my Garmin but it got me to Audi pump seller's house with no problem. 

It's blown two bulbs in quick succession though - after having to replace the dipped beam on Christmas eve (not as twattish a job as I'd feared, although I don't think I've got the bulb sat quite right as the beam pattern looks odd), it then blew a brake light bulb on the way home - fortunately as I was braking for the roundabout on the Norwich bypass, so nearly home.  That was an easy enough job to replace, but the computer then took a bit of persuading that the light was in fact now working and it didn't have to flash the warning up any more.

I took the Lancia out for a run yesterday evening as the roads were dry and salt-free.  It fired up fine but started missfiring after about three miles or so - spluttering, running on 3, losing power and then picking up slightly before doing it again.  Dipping the clutch and revving the knackers off it for a couple of seconds seemed to clear it for a bit, and it still got me where I needed to go and back again without FTPing, but it's slightly annoying as it's not done that before.  I'm going to assume it's the cold and damp getting to it.  The temp gauge also decided not to work, and I was starting to think that the instrument cluster was going haywire again, but a sharp smack on the top of the dash brought it back to life.  I still have no HRW or rear wiper though, which is an irritation at this time of year - I had a fiddle with the tailgate electrics before Christmas, but the grand total of my achievements was that the tailgate now locks on the central locking.  It doesn't unlock mind, but that's of secondary importance as there's a release handle by the driver's seat.

That looks pretty tidy in that photo. I'll have all the tickets when your sister sells it please.

This one belongs to my mother. She tends to hang onto cars several years but rest assured it will be advertised on here when the time comes.

Its fairly tidy but the drivers seat (blue) is torn, theres a big dent in the nearside rear quarter, and its missing one white wheeltrim and one Pininfarina badge. Does anyone have either?

For a 118k, 30 year old French convertible its survived very well.

Back on July I photographed a 1991 Audi 100 in my local Sainsbury, posted it in the lazy spotters thread and mentioned that its long term owner was thinking of parting with it. Forgot all a out it until ten minutes ago when she rang to see if I still wanted it or it's going for scrap. I don't think I have the space or the money but does anybody want to save it? J140UOL, sorned but a bit of mot left apparently, £100 and in Colchester somewhere.

Following the success & mirth of the Datsuncog advent calendar idiocy, I have started to prepare the an Adventshite calendar for 2019.

I've seen a few good suggestions of nice* things to put behind the window, which include the BL plughole of doom, The Grange Hill sausage, and an overheating K-series engine.

Suggestions do not have to be motoring or shite related. The 24 I feel the most bizarre, shite &c will be put in, however do so by PM so as not to spoil the surprises.

Colour Scheme is correct as well.

post-24583-0-67228800-1546180235_thumb.jpeg

Back on July I photographed a 1991 Audi 100 in my local Sainsbury, posted it in the lazy spotters thread and mentioned that its long term owner was thinking of parting with it. Forgot all a out it until ten minutes ago when she rang to see if I still wanted it or it's going for scrap. I don't think I have the space or the money but does anybody want to save it? J140UOL, sorned but a bit of mot left apparently, £100 and in Colchester somewhere.

Saloon or estate?

EDIT, it's a saloon.  Original spotted pic: http://autoshite.com/topic/13441-lazy-spotters-thread/page-137?do=findComment&comment=1545721