What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

post-17414-0-72195800-1535030819_thumb.jpeg

This place ,etc etc

There was a time when people equally as anorakish as me would have pedantically pointed out that Newman couldn't have been pictured in 1964 , as he's about to get into a MK4 Zodiac and they weren't available until 1966. Judging by the rubbing strip it could well be an Executive so that would make it 67.

And the Coronation Street visit couldn't have been 1962, because Stan Ogden didn't join the cast until 64. ( I admit, I had to look that up).

I had forgotten how much I love big Volvos, today has been spent ferrying family to the local water park then shifting a load of stuff needed for phase 2 of the loft boarding project. Needless to say the V70 swallowed it all with space to spare.

I'm watching The Chase (and incidentally one of the contestants looks a whole lot like a skinny Matt Damon) and in the ad breaks we've had some of my favourites:  Action Man,"Karen, I've got a cat with no pulse here!" and "Who's Derek?"

Doesn't take much, does it?

From a 2cv page just now.

I saw something similar on the M1 today , we've become accustomed to the size of modern cars , a Ford kuga is a normal sized SUV but alongside a lotus elan it looked massive ,the elan looked, how can you fit 2 humans in there small

Went and dicked about with not starting capri. Turned out to be a massive kink in the fuel pipe between the fuel filter and the metering head. Straightened it out and I have dense clouds of clag, lots of noise and a lumpy idle on 5 cylinders. I'm calling that success.

Just advertised a car on gumtree for £300. First email just says '80'

I replied 'OK'

Not sure exactly how I am going to have fun with him yet. Probably just wait til he want s to collect the n say I have sold it for the full price

In my lame attempt to troll a troll it appears that I have been trolled. I have heard nothing back from this person. I assumed he just wanted to weigh it in and make a quick couple of pounds but even at £80 he is a timewaster

where to start?

metro has passed its mot (with several advisory things) but a pass is a pass,

and, i got the parcel mr egg sent containing the Bedford TK car transporter.... i do like a TK, they were an ace wagon.

it got delivered the other day, and a neighbour kindly took it in for me. this morning i went and got it!

and its ace, ok, its played with but complete. so now to order some bits off of Steve Flowers, and match up as close as possible, some paint and then to take it too bits, i'm thinking a repaint and then its going to provide some space to display 4 cars on its trailer! with pics when i start it cos i'm thinking its a winter project, if i can wait that long!

mr egg, top sella, recomed wud use again!

Nice new MOT.

Failed on a couple of things including a tyre.

I knew the tyres were about ready for replacement and was going to do all four before the MOT.

Dithered around on whether to buy from Camskill or Oponeo.

Left it too late but ordered on the day of the fail.

Not delivered until last Monday, not a problem except the compressor has died.

Swapped tyre for the (new) spare and sent it back through yesterday.

The mechanic (who had sorted the other issues on the day of the fail) showed them the new tyres and explained the problem so they waved it through.

Nice to see a bit of reasonable behaviour applied.

Tyres will go on as soon as the compressor is fixed :)

At work there's a fairly yummy mummy in the office. Lovely lass - If I wasn't engaged etc etc etc.

Anyway yesterday she was going to Cleethorpes with her daughter for the weekend, and instead of driving home from work in her ropey punto that misfires if you go over 60mph, I saw her drive off in my workmates 350BHP Audi S3, and he then drove off in her car.

Now he's a fairly generous lad, but his story of "Oh I've just lent it her while I have a look at her Punto for a favour" took about 10 minutes to turn into "OK yes I am getting across her but don't say owt to anyone FFS!

Fair play to them, they've both been desperately single for bloody years.

I've been a passenger and driver of your Activa and that car has impressed me more than any other.

Nice to know that my instinct was not wrong - that they were the best thing since sliced bread. Must get a go in one....

But it's a sad state of affairs that 'some day, all cars will be made this way' is very, very far from the truth.