What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I am told by a friend*  that away from urban areas the rules on driving are not strictly enforced so not having a current licence etc is not a problem, not that I'd ever use a motorcycle licence and get a job driving an HGV. 

It also depends on the state.  WA and Queensland are particularly lax.  There's no MOT in WA so you see three year old cars with bald tyres.  Although they make a big song and dance about drink driving and have 'booze bus' check points where they test everyone if you get caught its a slap on the wrist, like a $130 fine.  Repeat offenders can avoid a ban by claiming they would lose their job and the very worst are given an E plate that allows them to continue pissy driving indefinitely.  And yes, more than 50kms from Perth none of this matters anyway.

Much as I love Australia their driving and vehicle rules are shit.

Achieved the perfect zen like state whilst out dog walking, wandered passed 2 wild deer who just looked at me whilst I considered how many drawers in the freezer each would require, dog snuffled happily in the undergrowth oblivious to them, then we all walked on our seperate ways.

Minutes later I found the spot in the woods with a rope swing over a stream that I've only found before whilst doing similar wandering with no purpose and no real thoughts - the kids and I have gone looking for it in the past and completely failed to find it.

Walking out of the woods we walked by the security dogs in their run in silence - they got up and watched but didn't make a single woof!

For a brief time all seemed well in the world :)

My local Aldi have marked down their cob led torches down to £2 so I picked a few up, I have been meaning to get a torch to mount to my welding helmet that could be removed when i didnt need it,so I can improve visibility under dark wheelarches, I wanted to mount it side on but theres no way it would sit right

post-4828-0-89622900-1522525821_thumb.jpeg

Tested it out in my kitchen with the light on

Without the torch on

post-4828-0-95666000-1522525841_thumb.jpg

With the torch on

post-4828-0-26031700-1522525880_thumb.jpg

Popped to the gym earlier, came out and there was another saph there that I've not seen before, this one was a cosworth, pulled my saph over to it to take a cheeky photo and out walks an old mate i went to college with that I havnt seen for years to speak to

post-4828-0-77854500-1522586901_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I went to Bears Grill and saw some nice motors including a two door Cavalier...

I also saw a little yappy dog lay a little Easter present, the grin happened a little while later when the little yappy dogs owner walked back the way he had come and stepped in the same Easter present.

Karma at its finest.

I also spent the weekend in 25 year old Talbot Campervan, a lot more fun than the tent I am used to.