What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Amazon. Yeah, I know we are supposed to think they are bastards, treat employees like dirt, drive small businesses under, pay no tax and fiddle kids etc, but they really are pretty fucking decent. I ordered a load of stuff last week and it arrived quick enough but I got a bad dose of buyers regret as soon as I opened the box. No problem though - full refund and they even pay the return postage, no quibble....just print off the return label and drop the box at a post office.

But it's because they do all the things you mention (with the possible exception of kiddy fiddling, but who knows?) that they can afford to do that.

But it's because they do all the things you mention (with the possible exception of kiddy fiddling, but who knows?) that they can afford to do that.

meh, I dont care. Which is a huge part of whats wrong with modern society. Nobody really cares about the bad stuff going on as long as they get their cheap goods/shiny electronics/fancy coffee etc etc.

Two-faced moaning twat? Absolutely. I never pretended I wasnt.

Don’t be harsh on yerself Dave, its not a crime to use Amazon, they expend massive efforts to make it as painless as possible for you to do so.

Its healthy to be aware of some of their dodgier practices but at the end of the day its up to governments to find ways to tax these shitehawks properly and ensure there are appropriately-worded laws that do not give them the opportunity to treat their staff like shit. If governments fail to do that,  which they do every single day of the bastard week, you can’t compensate for that on your own.

Amazon did me good the other week. Bought my dad a blu ray/cd set of a concert we went to last year, so he could have the cd's, he hasn't got a blu ray player so asked me to send it back. Did the refund and they gave me my money back before he's even posted it back!

Bought him a £10 amazon music gift card as he has amazon music, so job done

Yesterday, in all the excitement, there was something I forgot.  When the Princess was last on the road, in stock trim, it would get a little bit of attention.  Now, the gawping from passing motorists is a little bit ridiculous.  It is not a car for the shy and retiring sort, that's for sure!  As we were just pulling onto the estate that we live on a couple of young people waiting to cross the road actually excitedly waved at the car as if it were some sort of special event.  I knew it would get noticed, but I didn't think you'd get the sort of attention it does.

Luckily, for those days when I'm feeling more introverted I've got the Rover which gets noticed but not at all in the same way.  I'll be cracking on with some jobs shortly, my shite mojo is pretty high today.

Edit:  and £93.70 for the insurance is pretty awesome too!

The Autosmart guy forgot about me today, but came round 10 minutes ago in his personal car with my stuff, and gave me a few spray bottles to say sorry!

Still took £70 off me, glad I took that out in cash on payday or that would have been long gone now!

Love a trip to the van. I need some finish and duet, might give the local chap a call. He is a great guy. What did you get?

Was just at the dump collecting a mower when an older chap showed up looking to ditch a pair of mercedes 16" alloy wheels with tyres. The man from Hampshire Waste Disposal, he say "no chance with tyres on m8".

as he was being told to re-load them and pay a automotive dismantler to take them away I asked the dump people if they minded me taking them off the guy, they said they didn't mind and that it was crazy, but they weren't allowed to take them due to the tyres. I called over to the bloke and said if he wanted rid then I'd take them off his hands, and he was chuffed to bits. Apparently the dump people can't even take them off the public for their own use.

A cursory ebay search reveals they are a pair of 16" 'Mirzam' alloys with legal Michelin tyres on. The laquer has started to flake a bit but for the grand price of FREE I'm not grumbling.

There should be a few quid in these, let the gumtree m0ngfest commence.

EDIT - pictorial evidence

post-5525-0-93753300-1492279196_thumb.jpg

I biked to Rhyl with some mates today,a 65.5 mike round trip.

Fell off my bike outside the cafe and got a seriously good chase off a nasty looking little bastard of a dog for quite some distance. It was a right laugh.

Just got back from the joyous land that is Scotland, 1400 miles in a week in a 16 year old E46 auto which never missed a beat and averaged just under 40mpg despite using it down a load of seriously narrow and out the way places. Ardtoe and the Isle of Luing were right up there as some of the best places I have ever been.

Down in Somerset at the moment spending Easter with family.  Took the Rover of Doom, which as usual never missed a beat and did lots of mpg.  That car is 1337 (see what I did there?).  Chemical tanker caught fire on the M4 which slowed things down a bit as the motorway was closed off for quite some time (understandably in this instance), but other than that the journey was smooth enough.  Clutch is getting rather stiff though, so might need a new cable in the nearish future.

Took the Civic for an MOT and it failed on a numberplate bulb, which they duly fitted and passed. Genuinely amazed by this since the suspension feels totally knackered and I was ready to take it straight to the scrappy and post a wanted thread here