collection mission to SPAIN!!!! OMG ITS ACTUALLY STARTED

Mr_Bo11ox

"I'd pretty much made my mind up to buy it already" 

Can relate. 

This is a proper adventure in the name of Seventies shite that Shirley is going to reveal new and interesting ways to FTP.

Honestly, the best of luck to you. I get nervous about driving the Maestro more than five miles, I need to MTFU. 

7 minutes ago, Surface Rust said:

Don't forget your tyre levers!

Looking forward to this! What happens if it fails the CT?

Indeed.. any mileage (soz) in getting it nearer a "park it up if it fails place" before submitting it for the CT? Then you could feasibly head back on foot & retrieve later....

Or I could have completely ze wrang end oof ze stück 🙂

I've often spoken to mates about doing something similar. Something like, 3 of us just get on a plane to somewhere in Spain or southern France armed with some cash, pick up 3 localish snotters and drive them home. Like a reverse banger rally. 

When we're back we van even sell the cars to cover the cost of the holiday. 

Anyhow, best of luck with this. 

Are you buying some 'likely to break' spares here before you go to carry with you, picking some up there or just winging it? 

Just now, HillmanImp said:

I've often spoken to mates about doing something similar. Something like, 3 of us just get on a plane to somewhere in Spain or southern France armed with some cash, pick up 3 localish snotters and drive them home. Like a reverse banger rally. 

When we're back we van even sell the cars to cover the cost of the holiday. 

Anyhow, best of luck with this. 

Are you buying some 'likely to break' spares here before you go to carry with you, picking some up there or just winging it? 

Go get me an early 2cv van please 😁👍🏻

Now thats what I call a collection thread 2024.

It sound like the kind of collection mission many of us would like to do but don't have the nerve. I drove over the Pyrenese about 10 years ago and it was really good all be it in a  Honda Civic.

What's the average cruising speed do you recon? 55mph?

Superb comeback, and you've not even set off yet. I've ended up falling down an internet rabbit hole reading about the Simca Poissy engine, finding out that it debuted in 1961 and ended its run 30 years later in the Peugeot 309. That's a cracking run for a lump which made people snort with 'skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin' jibes. 

Great to have you back posting. Add a dashcam to your crib list so you can share some of le scenery footage. 

The outlaws in Switzerland had the aforementioned metallic green version. The tappet rattle was as much part of it as the original Beetle exhaust noise. Good Luck with the collection and great to see you back. 

1 hour ago, loserone said:

I am so looking forward to this.  I want to do a 305 soonish so please include as much detail as possible.  

I assume sir has seen this randy-looking specimen on C&C? It’s a stone’s throw from St. Tropez too, so you could make a millionaire’s holiday of it too.

Wait, why am I telling you this? This is my idea, hands off!