collection mission to SPAIN!!!! COMPLETED IT M8

Mr_Bo11ox

Re: the estranged wife, there's no way a chap driving across Europe in a Brown Simca can hold down a long term relationship - the man's a magnet.

2 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Would rather be doing that than sitting in an office like a big loser.

I couldn't stay still.... Shovelled the Ball n Chain into MrGetz and did Weardale.

Just back to Consett for a bit lunch...

VoonndaLustt 😎

🚙💨

• Like 3

I hope you confirmed that the switch and fan actually work, though!

I think the cooling system is a bit clogged though. I tipped in a bottle of mineral water and the expansion bottle instantly went a cloudy grey colour. Might hose out the radiator when I get to Mutha Bollox's gaff.

Just now, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I think the cooling system is a bit clogged though. I tipped in a bottle of mineral water and the expansion bottle instantly went a cloudy grey colour. Might hose out the radiator when I get to Mutha Bollox's gaff.

Worth a dishwasher tablet or two in the rinse?

Just refilled the tank. We're doing just under 45mpg. I thought it might be a bit rich but it's clearly not too bad.

1 minute ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Just refilled the tank. We're doing just under 45mpg. I thought it might be a bit rich but it's clearly not too bad.

Ms or Ks?

It's a good time to be doing this, any later in the year and it would pretty sweaty in an old car.

Those electrical connectors... it's like looking under the bonnet of a later Talbot.  And now that you've had that happen, I recall having exactly the same failure of the temperature switch on every Talbot I owned.  Almost all of them ended up with a manual fan over-ride switch.

... but the good news is that the wiring was never an issue on them.  The rubber-sealed spade connectors were actually quite advanced and stopped a lot of corrosion that BL/Lucas cars were suffering from for many many years after that.

I love the little wooshy lines on the fan switch to show it turning!

I worked for a Pug/Talbot dealer in mid Eighties and I can't recall ever needing to pull the head off of one of these engines or touch the bottom end come to that. The cam/tappets rattled but continued functioning just fine 

They are tough simple units and their unique raspy engine note is all part of their character much like the trump from a Morris Minor's tailpipe. 

28 minutes ago, Talbot said:

a later Talbot. 

every Talbot 

Is it only me laughng at talbot talking about talbot :D

58 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I tipped in a bottle of mineral water and the expansion bottle instantly went a cloudy grey colour.

Probably Pernod in there 👍

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

tipped in a bottle of mineral water and the expansion bottle instantly went a cloudy grey colour

*turns water into brine*

Buying a brown Simca does give you almost Biblical shite-status.

59 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Significant improvement on the Autocar article information a few pages back.

Meant to ask... is this a 1118cc or 1294cc ?

1118. The engine does have a sort of unburstable feel to it. Mind you I haven't tried to explore its bursting points 

56 minutes ago, egg said:

It's a good time to be doing this, any later in the year and it would pretty sweaty in an old car.

Not gonna lie it is actually pretty sweaty

I've got an engine to pick up from Ripon. It's 2 hours drive away in a 2017 VW transporter with cruise control, air conditioning, a fridge, a bed and a toilet in the back and I still can't be arsed. Don't be like me, be liek bollox