The grumpy thread

outlaw118

great news - it started first time after the show :) 

not so great news - she no longer trusts the car and a replacement will need to be found :( 

i’ve been dropping hints about her trying an automatic for a while now as her clutch control isn’t the best, maybe this could be a blessing ? 

suggestions for a smallish (corsa sized) four door petrol automatic anyone ? 

8 hours ago, gm said:

not so great news - she no longer trusts the car and a replacement will need to be found :( 

i’ve been dropping hints about her trying an automatic for a while now as her clutch control isn’t the best, maybe this could be a blessing ? 

Picanto. Older pre 2019 i think are TC auto's.

9 hours ago, gm said:

My step Mum has a Hyundai I10 auto which she loves, nor cheap tho..

12 hours ago, gm said:

That's unfortunate, just been to pick my car up and the Astra automatic they had was just sold.

Garage in Birtley.

On 26/01/2024 at 23:25, gm said:

How old is she? If much over 70 it can be a bad idea to swap to auto if you haven't been used to them before. Lots of elderly people have killed bystanders or themselves by hitting the wrong pedal and panicking.

On 26/01/2024 at 23:25, gm said:

I have an Astra auto listed in the for sale thread. 

The Mrs has gone batshit insane angry this weekend. This plot of land is being developed into student flats

20240128_111741.thumb.jpg.a0c898b21fc76e4fcfdb743f6b950148.jpg

yesterday they knocked down 3 shit shops that was next to the other building which set her off.

They're depriving the local community of valuable shops. Er there was 1 boarded up, a chippy that barely opened and a cafe that you never went to cos it was overpriced dishwasher.

There's going to be 1000's of students living there. There is going to be a roof top terrace with a 24 hour disco on it. You won't be able to walk past without being hit with bottles, sick and suicide jumpers. 

The pub will be rammed with students and locals will have nowhere to go. Er we've been in it once in 9 years. It's a shithole.

The co op won't be able to keep up with demand. The locusts will strip the shelves bare. Er you don't shop there either.

Tldr kill all students.

6 hours ago, jakebullet said:

The Mrs has gone batshit insane angry this weekend. This plot of land is being developed into student flats.

You won't be able to walk past without being hit with bottles, sick and suicide jumpers. 

Tldr kill all students.

What I imagine a “suicide jumper” to look like…

IMG_5075.jpeg

nearly dropped one last night after I  logged onto the server to find any picture I looked at would not load on the win10 desktop pc . videos etc were ok .

so I switched on the 2nd server , and that was the same !

so I tried my phone and it loaded the pictures ok ????

so I tried my win11 laptop and that loaded the pictures  ok ??

so after the blood pressure had dropped I found that win10 appears  to have had paint 3d dropped from support ! 

so now its Paint.Net installed .

Fucking KFC drive-throughs. Anyone else find that they FUCKING NEVER supply you with any sort of implement with which to consume your freshly nuked molten beans, or any serviettes or mildly moist lemony wipe things to clean up the inevitable car interior desecration that follows? And you FUCKING NEVER remember to check until you’ve left, and are midway through consumption of your nutritious meal. Fuck sake.

Okay, you may only be parked 50 feet away in the car park and you could just go in and pick some up, but you’ve PAID for someone to place a lovingly made, carefully constructed poultry based burger into your lap, why should you have to WALK and fetch your own cleaning products like some sort of peasant?! It’s an absolute disgrace, I tell you.

24 minutes ago, SunnySouth said:

Fucking KFC drive-throughs. Anyone else find that they FUCKING NEVER supply you with any sort of implement with which to consume your freshly nuked molten beans, or any serviettes or mildly moist lemony wipe things to clean up the inevitable car interior desecration that follows? And you FUCKING NEVER remember to check until you’ve left, and are midway through consumption of your nutritious meal. Fuck sake.

Okay, you may only be parked 50 feet away in the car park and you could just go in and pick some up, but you’ve PAID for someone to place a lovingly made, carefully constructed poultry based burger into your lap, why should you have to WALK and fetch your own cleaning products like some sort of peasant?! It’s an absolute disgrace, I tell you.

4145C455-29C3-4087-B496-0B074E6ACCB1.jpeg.613a0a85b77c0445674bd97898e65391.jpeg

2 hours ago, SunnySouth said:

Fun fact, do a drive through at Mcd's , email them the receipt code if it's shit/wrong and they'll send you a code for the exact order again gratis 

Did a bit of digging on the planning portal for the student development of doom*. There's a clause in the planning that roof top garden is only in operation 9am to 10pm, and no music allowed. 2m high glass walls to be installed to stop suicides. Also noticed that there's no letter objecting to the development by mrs "going to chain herself to the bulldozers". Council report states that studios are below legal requirements for space, but it's only for students so fuck em.

Suspect it's not wise to mention any of this to her.

6 hours ago, SunnySouth said:

I have never seen the point of eating food in your car purchased from a place who’s car park you’re in, and is 50ft away with tables and somewhere to wash the grease off rather than smear it all over your car and clothes. Particularly pointless when the queueing time at the drive thru ( I even hate the spelling), is at least twice that of walking into the “restaurant”. 

13 hours ago, jakebullet said:

The Mrs has gone batshit insane angry this weekend. This plot of land is being developed into student flats

20240128_111741.thumb.jpg.a0c898b21fc76e4fcfdb743f6b950148.jpg

yesterday they knocked down 3 shit shops that was next to the other building which set her off.

They're depriving the local community of valuable shops. Er there was 1 boarded up, a chippy that barely opened and a cafe that you never went to cos it was overpriced dishwasher.

There's going to be 1000's of students living there. There is going to be a roof top terrace with a 24 hour disco on it. You won't be able to walk past without being hit with bottles, sick and suicide jumpers. 

The pub will be rammed with students and locals will have nowhere to go. Er we've been in it once in 9 years. It's a shithole.

The co op won't be able to keep up with demand. The locusts will strip the shelves bare. Er you don't shop there either.

Tldr kill all students.

You're moving house. You just don't know it yet. 😉

1 hour ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

I ve never understood how mc pukes get away with calling it food I'd rather eat the box it comes in,( plus if it's so good why do they have to bribe kids with free toys) same for rest of them! 

Gimme a good chippy or sandwich shop anyday.

I’ve nothing against McDs other than it’s pretty bland. OK if there’s nothing else. Like you , I’d prefer a good chippy any day.

However, some people act like it’s the ultimate food experience and nothing else will do. You wonder what shit they eat the rest of the time. 

Went to have a look round a village yesterday as there's a house for sale we're interested in. 

Parked my van on the main road through it, nice wide road. Plenty of spaces, and I even picked a house with a massive privet hedge to park in front so that the owner was less likely to notice we were even there because I know people can be funny buggers about parking. Really tried my best to find the most considerate place to park, especially since we might end up moving there and my van is quite distinctive. 

Had a wander round for half an hour, and as we were walking up the street back to the van there's a very angry man stood at his gate,  shouting at us "IS THIS YOUR VAN???" from about 50 yards away

"I'M DISABLED AND I CAN'T EVEN PARK OUTSIDE MY OWN BLOODY HOUSE!!" he's effing and jeffing and chuntering away as I get in my van. Grabbing the gate and swaying about like that old bloke up on the balcony in Rita Sue and Bob Too.

I'm not a fucking mind reader mate! - Bit my tongue instead of offering him the usual various advice people like that need to be given about parking on a public road etc.

He'd parked right up close behind me and he was only about 6 foot further away from his gate than he would otherwise have been.

On 27/01/2024 at 12:48, ruffgeezer said:

How the fuck has that gobshite Johnny Vaughan still got a radio show?

Yeah, I was surprised to hear him on the radio the other day and even more surprised to hear him going on about Cornish people stealing things and burning down holiday homes. 

It was all just really weird and a throwback to the 'being a cunt' school of radio that I hoped had died out with Chris Moyles.  Remember him? Truly dire.

9 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I have never seen the point of eating food in your car purchased from a place who’s car park you’re in, and is 50ft away with tables and somewhere to wash the grease off rather than smear it all over your car and clothes. Particularly pointless when the queueing time at the drive thru ( I even hate the spelling), is at least twice that of walking into the “restaurant”. 

Me - an a load of mini cab/uber drivers park in McD take away car park somewhere in Southern UK as dropping off/picking up at an airport is such an utter pain but the McD is on close to terminal but just out of the ANPR + payment + more payment + no waiting area but a very short walk to/from the terminal.  Also their bogs are clean and free and the occasional parker buys an coffee.

9 hours ago, Mrcento said:

You're moving house. You just don't know it yet. 😉

Already had the usual "I'm putting in for a transfer". Great idea. Swap flats from a floor with old people who are quiet to live next to some git who blasts trance all day & night in Armley. Try not to get stabbed when you go out.

13 hours ago, omegod said:

Fun fact, do a drive through at Mcd's , email them the receipt code if it's shit/wrong and they'll send you a code for the exact order again gratis 

Buy one meal from my local branch and you'd eat for free for the rest of your life. They've presumably got really poor management and the poor bastards doing the legwork rarely get anything right as a result. I reckon about 1 time in ten you get what you wanted, and it's still warm.

On 26/01/2024 at 12:36, myglaren said:

May be unrelated.  Hopefully it will be the scuttle drain clogged up, a relatively simple fix.

The flipping thing is still loosing coolant. So it is not the drain clogging up...unless I have more than one issue. But I might have. The water temp is no longer working. Heater is pumping out hot air.

Heading back to Spain and will have to  deal with those pesky French farmers.

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I've either blown a fuse or my screenwash pump died on the way to work... Even when frozen I can usually hear the pump, there's no noise from it now 😢

Not blown a fuse... Their all fine bar one that broke when I pulled it out... Everything seems to still work although not driven it yet. 

Hope it stays dry for the next few days until I can have a look at the pump itself in the daylight, or rains properly so I can keep the wipers on