Jump to content


Full Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ruffgeezer

  1. A pleasure, thanks for the Tea & Irn Bru! 😀
  2. Kill it with fire: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275302565885?hash=item40194fc7fd:g:81MAAOSwW8diVVF8
  3. Nothing other than a funny name that I remembered passing through regularly before I moved up to Lincolnshire.
  4. Hey all, I still have a fair pile of these from the last batch, and they will be the last batch at this price point because postage has now nearly doubled since I started doing this. £1.75 per sticker, to your door. Who's in? Please stick your names down below and I'll start getting back to you. Oh, and I want pictures too please, because my arse is out of my trousers and I cannot afford anything interesting anymore, so vicariously it is. 1)
  5. Bollocks, unavailable as it's our wedding anniversary and we've booked an away to Yorkshire.
  6. An unexpected day off, pottering around in the garage... I know I'll have another tickle of the aged lister SR1... VID_20220412_174825.mp4 I also found my flat cap (bought for me when I still had the "Grannie's shopping trolley" Ax Vts) , for the full Dibnah effect...
  7. Sadly no dice with the m7300, even with a rebuilt wiring harness it's still totally unresponsive.
  8. This was originally going to be a grump, but after a bit more prodding, my P9100r came back to life having not seen the inside of a car for over a decade! I've also this to sort out, I hope for a similar issue, but the loom is manky on it. I do have the CDX M30 changer and full loom with it though, and that bit seems to power up OK!
  9. Holy shit! I had one of those once in metallic pooh brown. I lost my storage and so dumped it in a pub car park.
  10. You don't mention if it is an 8v 1.4 or a 16v 1.6 The latter is more expensive a repair unless using a part-worn head. You'll need a head gasket set, timing belt kit with tensioners and a water pump. Make sure all the debris from the old belt is removed. Timing hole for the crank is behind the cap for the oil filter housing. Check the sills are alright before even considering it.
  11. That was me! I believe the Rosalie that had been entombed in the garages there for 40 odd years is now nearing completion after I spotted the previous owner's grandson searching for it on a facebook group.
  12. My mate Gav imports a lot of parts from Japan, if you find me on FB I'll put you in touch with him.
  13. Took another ride out in it today, it's competent, capable and a bit dull. I think ultimately I shall be giving it a good scrub up and setting it of towards pastures new.
  14. Well the dehumidifier has certainly been working its magic, it is less musty inside than when I brought it home, an el cheapo air fresher will help with the rest. The laptop I bought on here last year has been loaded Forscan with a £16 lead from ebay and it talks nicely to the car, only 1 code stored for open circuit of the fuel temperature sensor. Connection cleaned, and a new gland fitted to the plug and the issue is gone. Seats still look a bit moody after the first shampoo, might have to give it a real good scrub.
  15. I know one of them will be going as soon as I have it all sorted out.
  16. Bought a new bigger toolbox for the garage at home to transplant my work kit into. Its bigger so why the fuck can't I get it all in properly? Having looked again, it's got fewer but deeper drawers than the old one. Fucksticks, I might have to have a rethink!
  17. Alternator, auxilary belt and upper engine mount changed successfully.
  18. Seats are a bit grim, but I shall deploy the steam cleaner and wetvac and see where that gets me. I've been sat all afternoon wishing I could just get on with some of the work I need to be getting on with.
  19. Is there really? Hmmm, I wo der what the laws are with recovering such things...
  20. Next up on the list of things to sort is the fuel temperature sensor, which if it is duff entails replacing all of the low fressure fuel lines. That being the case I shall hang the new one off of the wiring first and see if the fault will clear. I also got a new window switch as the one on the car has suffered from sweaty paws in the past. Small and seemingly pointless repairs I know, but tidying the cosmetics goes a long way to making a car look more looked after and less down at heel.
  21. Too fucking right I'm too tight! I went to the local scrappers and they for once had lots of what I needed, including a fiesta in the same colour. So today I changed the boot light for one with a good seal (I applied some grease to it as a secondary barrier) I also snagged a full set of body colour door handles, but wish I'd have got the boot handle too. They are quick and easy to change, under 15 mins to do the set. Looks a bit more modern for it I reckon. The cable is as now I have mopped the boot out and, cleaned and oiled the jack and spare wheel, I have set up a dehumidifier to try and take some of the damp out of the interior. If I get a chance I shall give the seats a deep clean too, but Mrs Ruff's S40 has spat its alternator so that has jumped the queue a bit!
  • Create New...