Good to meet another shiter today. Mally popped round to 

pick up the drill and wrench he bought. Moggy engine in the

back of his rather good looking Rover.

Nice to meet you Pete.

Got another shiter, sofarsogood, coming later on to pick up the mitre saw

he's having. 

Good to meet you too.

Be a while before I 'pop round' again

300 mile round trip. Nice day for it though.

Actually got out to do some work on the GT6 for the first time this year.

Have nearly finished the nearside now, bar tidying it all up.

post-3133-0-20671300-1550421152_thumb.jpg

Think I'm gonna leave it on this side though whilst I tackle this bit below which doesn't look like much fun.

post-3133-0-09522100-1550421894_thumb.jpg

I reckon doing that where it is working downwards on it is probably easier than having the car rolled onto the other side and doing it upwards.

I'll still need to roll the car to do the o/s sill end but think its best to tackle that grotty bit where it is.

I've also been meaning to ask, when i tidy up the welds, what are those flap disc things people recommend? Saves me using the grinder. Is it these ones?

post-3133-0-49678300-1550422220_thumb.jpg

Never tried them but a few people have mentioned them.

Interior swap now complete, have a 1/4 of the way through picture.

52428043_2001484673480812_35553612231155

How the spares one looks now...

52550237_2001485996814013_12015514350245

And the current state of play, with the Thunder wheels and interior fitted.

52136185_2001486020147344_75230353552771

Went for a two or three miles blast, most if it DLAC and it was class. Had forgotten how much fun it is, especially round the back lanes.

Nice buy! Especially if it's only 25k on the clock.

Just crept over 26k now (MoT list is pretty impressive). Belts done in 2016, 4 decent Continentals on the corners, couple of minor scrapes and a brand new battery yesterday. Though a single bag of gold was a decent price.

Know anbody who wants a C3 with 12 months MoT for £300 (shiters discount will apply) ?.

Not much news from me this weekend but I did do a small amount of car fiddling.

I adjusted the carb on the Vauxhall as it was running too rich. The Colourtune is still a bit yellow at idle but leaning it off any more makes it feel like it’s about to stall; not sure what that’s about but it drives very well so that’ll do. Gave it a good run over to my sister’s at the other end of Gower.

Jag drove back from London happily and is a very pleasing thing. Heater isn’t hot though and blower stopped blowing in spite of being new (used but newly fitted). Fuse? Airlock in the cooling system? Iffy dash electrics? All of the above?

Manoeuvring on the farm in the dark, if seems the brake light switch isn’t as sensitive as I’d like so I will try and adjust that too before I go much further.

No action pics of work being done but have this one instead.

post-4091-0-81124600-1550431618_thumb.jpeg

Meanwhile, the Audi fuel pump continues to frustrate. The pump and filter are mounted on a bracket that’s attached to the bodyshell via three odd fasteners. These look like rubber bushes with a bolt through the middle, but in fact it’s two separate bolts with big flat heads like drawing pins somehow glued to the rubber.

20E3FD3D-45CF-47ED-92F6-4FA3B29B4F19.jpeg.834c066666dff69788e7fff7de4de195.jpeg

Except of course they’ve rusted and aren’t glued to anything any more, so the bracket is mostly held on by luck, rust and flexible fuel pipes.

Trouble is, there’s no obvious way to get the remains of the bolts out. I can’t grip the flat heads to undo the nuts, I can’t weld on another head or grind a slot because there are fuel pipes all around and there’s no room to get bolt cutters in there. Maybe a tiny hand saw and a lot of patience. Or leave as is and lash up with cable ties.

Better ideas welcome.

Oh, and Autodoc are being funny about returning the shit and wrong Chinese fuel pump they ripped me off with. Yippee.