The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Unless you get earache for the 12 hours' latency shirley that's a win? Or are your superiors just huge members about everything?

My direct superiors aren't. However people above them are.

The fuck do I care though? I handed in my notice on Wednesday because I don't particularly like working for a company that normalises the act of defrauding their customers. My direct superiors are making moves to change this, but then it's a shit job anyway and I have other options on the table.

What is the point of this administrivia? I'd be giving them one line, "I am eminently suitable for this job as I'm already doing it" and put whoever the line manager is as reference. Unless the job is filling in application forms it's not wrong.

Esspevially if the job was one of improving business efficiency.

I keep asking. So why are you filling in this form and signing it again.

The bloody kids next door. They have been screaming at each other (there are four of the buggers) since about 7am this morning when they woke me up.

Same as every day for the last week.

Can't help but feel that there's something unfair in that we get a royal ear full if our dog gets a bit excited and barks at a squirrel in the garden because that "causes them distress" over the fence...yet their hellspawn are apparently allowed to make enough noise to wake the dead at any hour of the day or night.

I really have living in town. I'm sure someone who grew up in town wouldn't even bat an eyelid at this sort of stuff...but I didn't, I grew up 15 miles from nowhere. Where there were a total of six houses within visual range, and one of those had been empty for decades. Suburbia and me are not getting along well.

Oh, this grumble is also attached to the same household who basically mean we can't open the windows on roughly 1/3 of the house because they stand against the bottom wall of their garden (the boundary we share) smoking what seems like 24/7.

I realize it's their garden and all, but I'd rather not have my house reek of cigarette smoke thanks very much.

The house a couple of doors down suddenly developed scaffolding, on a Saturday.

Nothing happened for a couple of days but it was "to have the guttering fixed" according to the grapevine.

Then a couple of blokes appeared with grinders and proceeded to saw a foot off his house on three sides.

Although not much of it went in the skip, the grinders seem to have reduced the concrete gutters to particulate matter, which on a windy day covered every car in the street.

One of mine being the closest bore the brunt of these grunting fuckwitts endeavours.

Rather than phone the DVLA and notify them of a change in vehicle colour I moved it to the drive and fired up the Karcher, job done beer time!

About an hour later I looked out of the window.

The car had dried but was still Grey instead of metallic black so it was time change to the Karcher jet that does not mess about, I destroyed a fence panel with this one.

This will have that shit off?

No, if fucking didnt.

An hour later it was a reluctant use of much hot soapy water on a car covered in grinding paste to finally shift the last of it.

I have no idea what magical vodoo was in this concrete that made it resist a jetwash, in hindsight I'm hoping it isnt asbestos.

After an exchange of words one of the Grinder heros offered to pay for a car wash if he could get a receipt then they buggered off in their plain white van, taking their sign on the scaffolding with them.

However Trent Valley Fascias, you are still cunts of the highest order.

Just seen this so a bit late but want to have a bet those "concrete" gutters weren't that, but actually asbestos based ???

Have a neighbor late 20s been driving her partner's & mother's vehicles for 3 years with no licence recently hit next doors car belonging to young lad been driving 6 months worked hard to get money to be legal £3k insurance on an 07 Ignis.

She drove off,3 eye witnesses,2 lots of CCTV , next day she denied it refused to give any details & told family to fuck off & stop harassing her.

Syorks police official spoken response,to much hassle to prosecute as evidence not good enough get onto your insurance they'll sort it.

surely 3 eye witnesses and 2 lots of CCTV is a good enough amount of evidence?!

I feel like a fuss needs to be kicked up somewhere

its also a bit "funny" considering how much they say your world will end if you run around with no licence/insurance

your not exactly painting a good image if your not enforcing it...

(does make me wonder however, how the the guy terrorising Zels place is doing after plowing into a doubler decker bus with a car full of drugs...)

Have a neighbor late 20s been driving her partner's & mother's vehicles for 3 years with no licence recently hit next doors car belonging to young lad been driving 6 months worked hard to get money to be legal £3k insurance on an 07 Ignis.

She drove off,3 eye witnesses,2 lots of CCTV , next day she denied it refused to give any details & told family to fuck off & stop harassing her.

Syorks police official spoken response,to much hassle to prosecute as evidence not good enough get onto your insurance they'll sort it.

Get in touch with your local police and crime commissioner. They should be all over shit like this

The bloody kids next door. They have been screaming at each other (there are four of the buggers) since about 7am this morning when they woke me up.

Same as every day for the last week.

Can't help but feel that there's something unfair in that we get a royal ear full if our dog gets a bit excited and barks at a squirrel in the garden because that "causes them distress" over the fence...yet their hellspawn are apparently allowed to make enough noise to wake the dead at any hour of the day or night.

I really have living in town. I'm sure someone who grew up in town wouldn't even bat an eyelid at this sort of stuff...but I didn't, I grew up 15 miles from nowhere. Where there were a total of six houses within visual range, and one of those had been empty for decades. Suburbia and me are not getting along well.

Oh, this grumble is also attached to the same household who basically mean we can't open the windows on roughly 1/3 of the house because they stand against the bottom wall of their garden (the boundary we share) smoking what seems like 24/7.

I realize it's their garden and all, but I'd rather not have my house reek of cigarette smoke thanks very much.

You need a woman like my wife. She can go around to Stoney-Tonies house next door, and discuss the smell of weed, his tardy maintenance regime, which risks causing damp on the back wall, and his terrible singing at 2am when his mates want to do Kareokee, and somehow have him so mortified at his own behaviour that he starts to think about how he impacts others.

I have no idea how she does this, but he was mowing his lawn yesterday, and I haven't smelt weed for months.

Doubt it would get me anywhere.

They're rental tenants and despite being annoying aren't actually breaking any laws...so they're well within their right to tell me to go forth and multiply. The actual landlord is overseas.

If it's through a letting agent they will have a clause in their contract about excessive noise and neighbourhood relationships. If rented directly off landlord getting hold of him might be more difficult.

My rental agreement states excessive noise between 10pm and 8am is verboten.

Got a bucketload of Polish shots to upload, but they always come out upside down or sideways on here. Anyone got some knowledge on this? It’s an iPhone of course.

I r frustrate.

Upload to the thread, then download the photos from the thread, rotate and reattach is how I do it.

I don't understand it either, on any other website I post to from my phone, they come out correctly.

It's usually because the phone camera takes it all the same way, then set some information in the EXIF data to say it's rotated. It can do this with JPEG as you can rotate images with maths and not loose any quality. However the forum software strips all the EXIF data out of uploaded images. Thus browsers loose the ability to rotate it.

EXIF data = extra information encoded into pictures. Things like GPS location, camera type, date + time, shutter speed, camera orientation, etc. So not a bad thing that it does strip some of this information, but it would be useful if it didn't strip the orientation information.

Got a bucketload of Polish shots to upload, but they always come out upside down or sideways on here. Anyone got some knowledge on this? It’s an iPhone of course.

I r frustrate.

Just post them, this be Autoshite so that's normal and you'll only get a few dozen "Austrailia" comments.

If it's through a letting agent they will have a clause in their contract about excessive noise and neighbourhood relationships. If rented directly off landlord getting hold of him might be more difficult.

My rental agreement states excessive noise between 10pm and 8am is verboten.

Issue being the neighbours will obviously deny it and it'll be Zelandeth's problem to get proof. They'll also probably put 2 and 2 together and work out who it was the complained, causing further animosity and potential acts of revenge.

Why do people in cars equipped with cruise control not use it on relatively quiet motorways instead of constantly drifting between 65 and 80 ?!

Had some right helmets yesterday, people that will crawl past, pull in front and immediately slow down again

That's seemingly just how the majority of people drive.

I find myself endlessly passing and being passed by the same people on long motorway trips when holding a steady 65mph. The most annoying aspect is when they see a Triumph Acclaim passing them and start keeping pace while I'm beside them. I pull in behind and they go back to doing 58mph...

That's seemingly just how the majority of people drive.

I find myself endlessly passing and being passed by the same people on long motorway trips when holding a steady 65mph. The most annoying aspect is when they see a Triumph Acclaim passing them and start keeping pace while I'm beside them. I pull in behind and they go back to doing 58mph...

I had this in the zx on the a1 yesterday. Wouldn't have been as bad but it was the 4 lane bit between Peterborough and Alconbury, and it was as if l1 didn't exist.

A quick blat to 85 which I'm amazed didn't cause the zx to explode got me past then I cut him up to get back into l1 which woke him up a bit

Why do people in cars equipped with cruise control not use it on relatively quiet motorways instead of constantly drifting between 65 and 80 ?!

Had some right helmets yesterday, people that will crawl past, pull in front and immediately slow down again

Even more annoying is when they pull up to pass, then stop directly to your right. Infuriating.

This is why having plenty of poke is useful to blast up the inside and pull back out. Then release the accelerator and let cruise kick back in.

I had this on the M25 the other day.  Seven hour drive home and the last three hours of it were unbearable nonsense like this.

Radar-controlled cruise control is one of the greatest inventions of the modern age.  Using it in the States back in October was revelatory.  Stuck it to sit at the speed limit and let the car drive itself and came out at the end of the drive fresh as a daisy.  If I could retrofit it safely to mine (and afford to do so, more to the point) I absolutely bloody would.

My car has cruise control but it has only ever worked once in the three years I've owned it.  And it's not radar-controlled.  Mind you, the torque on the PD engine is significant and usually gets me out of those annoying situations if the motorway isn't clogged...