What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

This is why you shouldn't use washing machine hose on your rebuilt motor.... 

Only rebuilt 6mths back after the twat owner tried an oil change and left something critical out/loose. 

He damaged a hose and decided the spare washing machine bit would be champion...... 

IMG_20230211_144701.thumb.jpg.d816e6b2b921dfe9516652834f1f9823.jpg

IMG_20230211_144714.thumb.jpg.8713cad1b086209f2c529439bbb15848.jpg

His rant was absolutely epic..... 

Some people shouldn't be let loose.... 

On 2/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, cobblers said:

Always good to have an escape plan for when you look at the front chassis legs! 

It's had one owner from 2001 -2022, he bought it the end of last summer , the first time he went to drive it somebody had nicked the cat , by the time he got it sorted summer was over so it's just been parked at his work , I had a good look at the chassis legs, I think it's been garaged all it's life , never seen a winter by the looks of them, still nice and red ,unfortunately it's got white spots all over the paint which for the most part will T cut off but whatever it was must've been corrosive as it's lifted the lacquer in tiny spots, obviously not worth fixing so i'll just get it looking as good as I can

36 minutes ago, Wack said:

unfortunately it's got white spots all over the paint

I'd be interested to know what causes this. My Mercedes (also red) has a similar affliction - at least on the bits where the lacquer isn't sloughing off in great flakes. I wondered if its reacted badly to TFR or something? 

The modern..ish reliable Volvo is finally fixed after  nearly 2 months of no go. The cause of the no crank and multiple changing codes.. 2  control modules in the engine bay hadnt been clipped in when the Volvo dealer changed the cam belt 14 months ago and had to remove them furnaces.  It's been has been rattling loose ever since.

26 minutes ago, Low Horatio gearbox said:

The modern..ish reliable Volvo is finally fixed after  nearly 2 months of no go. The cause of the no crank and multiple changing codes.. 2  control modules in the engine bay hadnt been clipped in when the Volvo dealer changed the cam belt 14 months ago and had to remove them furnaces.  It's been has been rattling loose ever since.

I hope they offered you something substantial as an apology.

3 hours ago, Stanky said:

I'd be interested to know what causes this. My Mercedes (also red) has a similar affliction - at least on the bits where the lacquer isn't sloughing off in great flakes. I wondered if its reacted badly to TFR or something? 

i'm going to get the buffer out to see what that does, the lacquer has peeled off the back bumper in lumps so that'll want looking at as well

31 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

I hope they offered you something substantial as an apology.

I only got the "good news"  at 4 today after 2 days or so of the interior being pulled apart and  such. (After a few days of plugin  the puter into say "no" or "yes many, many  faults!" )

I'm sure I'll   get an underwhelming "ahh but that service and belt was done 15 months ago we dont warranty work for more than 12 /wasn't us/ any berk could have played with it " response.

LS400 used for the work commute today, first time in getting on for a year. It was in good company:

IMG_0238.thumb.JPG.6d981ff944e4562f9059e080b75eaa9c.JPG

Don't know who the Jaguar belonged to, not seen it around before and it's not as if many people work where I do. Sounded good when someone moved it at the end of the day.

Just got off the phone to my manager.  I'd guesstimated what my pay rise was likely to be based on office rumours etc, so I was quite pleased when she told me I'd be getting double my estimate, and an additional 50% on my bonus.  So that's my finances looking a bit healthier, for the immediate future at least.

1261981542_ScreenShot2023-02-14at13_11_00.thumb.png.7d5563b51a33e26df2ee7bbcb5ba1cc1.png

This is particularly hilarious.  This is the Focus that belonged to my other half and went to her Dad just over a year ago.  I noticed that it had a rotten front wing a couple of months back and her Dad has been chuntering on since I spotted it that it wouldn't pass the MOT and has been angling for an old Alfa Romeo or similar 'executive' vehicle.  They also live up a farm track, just to make it even easier.  He isn't really in a position to demand what he gets in a vehicle and every time we've suggested a sensible option he's been obstinate about it and at times been quite rude to the point where we have given up and let him stew for several weeks.

So the fact that the Focus passed is just hilarious and will irritate him no end as he doesn't like driving around in it, especially given that it's a 1.4 poverty-spec and now he won't be able to buy anything because he (fortunately) doesn't control the finances.  It's actually a really sensible car and far more suitable than anything he actually wants, he just won't admit it.

Fell asleep on the sofa about half an hour ago after a hospital appointment. Just woke with a fright to hear loud voices from the kitchen - none of which were from the programme I was watching. Having been broken into before while I was in the house (although at least I was more clothed than last time!) I promptly shat myself.

Next door neighbours hit the wrong button on their tablet and managed to cast a kids movie to the little telly in the corner of the kitchen..

I guess you have to laugh!

2 hours ago, Markeh said:

A combination of me forgetting to turn off the thing allowing people to cast if not on my WiFi, and of that telly supporting HDMI-CEC which allows devices to turn it on and change the source.

That wouldn't happen if you had a proper* CRT set now. :)