What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just checked google maps because I thought you were taking the piss

that is AMAZING

SYP are also the force that sent out cards to people with a warrant for their arrest late last year.

"Congratulations, you've won a Christmas hamper! Just text this number with a date and time for delivery when you'll be at home....."

Just went out in vans scooping them all up, guaranteed arrests.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-arrest-21-wanted-criminals-after-luring-them-in-fake-christmas-hamper-offer-11180743

I find that the finest kebab purveyors operate out of ex-Rentokil vans. 

post-20451-0-80751000-1520358443.jpg

Classy. Actually, on a kebab-related note, NZ doner meat does not leave a thick layer of yellow grease in the polystyrene tray the morning after, since they presumably use leaner cuts of whatever species go into doner meat cylinders. MUST TRY HARDER, 0.3/10.

I find that the finest kebab purveyors operate out of ex-Rentokil vans.

post-20451-0-80751000-1520358443.jpg

Classy. Actually, on a kebab-related note, NZ doner meat does not leave a thick layer of yellow grease in the polystyrene tray the morning after, since they presumably use leaner cuts of whatever species go into doner meat cylinders. MUST TRY HARDER, 0.3/10.

Ha, I've seen that thing in Hungerford. Someone else in Reading also uses an ex Rentokil LDV as a kebab van, no thanks.

Somebody in Thatcham was using an old 400 up until recently too.

Didn't someone on here say A4 Kebabs use a Rover 800 as a tow car or something?!

Ha, I've seen that thing in Hungerford. Someone else in Reading also uses an ex Rentokil LDV as a kebab van, no thanks.

Somebody in Thatcham was using an old 400 up until recently too.

Didn't someone on here say A4 Kebabs use a Rover 800 as a tow car or something?!

You should have seen the Top Wok van when that was around. Not sure if environmental health or the MOT man go to them first. Used to top out at around 40mph on the A4 and you didn't want to be driving behind it if you didn't want to choke your lungs full of noxious gases.

Dairyland in Norwich, often found lurking outside the UEA on a gig night.

Dairyland are a legit ice cream company who operate both vans, and an export service - randomly, an exclusive service to offshore oil rigs.

However they must have sold one of their vans to some geezer who made no effort to remove the branding, and instead just threw some hotplates, fryers and a kebab machine in the back before attempting to give every single student in Norwich some sort of food poisoning. 

Seriously, it was a given that on a Friday night you'd drink a little bit too much, have a Dairyland burger, and then spend 4am - 10am hoying your guts up. Repeat the weeks after, natch.

This morning the mrs went in to work expecting to tell them that she was going to be applying for another job this weekend - She was only there temporarily, and something came up that was less money but permanent and easier.

Before she could tell them this, they sat her down and offered her a permanent position as director of the whole department, with a ~100% payrise, more than double the job she was going to apply for! Amazing!

Have spent the last two days trying to get the (seized) handbrake cables off my Saabo caravan, as being made of unobtanium cutting them off would involve custom made ones to replace them. Last night I ran out of patience, so this morning dug out Mr Angle Grinder to do the deed. Plugged in extension lead and angle grinder and forced my old and large body underneath. Crawled back out and donned my goggles, before painfully wedging myself underneath again. This time, I had to get back out to switch on the extension lead FFS so third time lucky. Before starting to cut, as I was so reluctant to cut them, decided that one more try would not hurt. Bugger me, the damned thing came off, and an hour later all was removed with zero damage. Looks like the threat of Mr Angle Grinder was enough in this instance, so a big grin today.

Heading off out in a hour or so to see Skid Row at the O2 Academy Newcastle.

They were excellent,very loud,very fast.Played all the early stuff over a 2 hour set,the best Quicksand Jesus I have heard.Started with Slave to the grind,straight in there very loud.Finished with Youth gone wild.

If it's your type of music.go and see Skid Row..