Vauxhall Corsair 1.2 - NOW FOR SALE NOW (SALE NOW ON! (NOW))

Station

Because it's an unloved motor that cost less than a finance payment.

For the win!

It's quite satisfying to take something like this, invest a bit of time, then end up with a car you can totally rely on.

I'd say this is the essence of Autoshite, cack cars no one wants, beating the system. Not someone restoring an old MGB, Christ yawn!!!

Totally agree. I think because a few of us have recently* drifted over from Retro Rides that Autoshite has become a bit diluted with what are increasingly rare/cherished and actually quite old cars having a bit spent on them. Autoshite for me was always about the rubbish and this Corsa fits the bill. Reminds me of my Grandpa's base-spec Uno - it really was crap, but it did what it said on the tin, it didn't matter that the local kids jumped on the roof because it just popped back out from the inside, never needed washing, always passed the test, it didn't smell too bad inside and it actually drove quite well!

Cheap tax, insurance and pennies to feed? It does exactly what a small cheap car should do. I'd bargain that it will also be 100% reliable, has a good heater and you can leave it anywhere without worrying about it.

If this isn't Autoshite, I'm not sure what is.

Bingo.

I getcha, bro. I just don't like Corsas. I've only ever b[r]ought one new car, I completely own it now (and wouldn't get another car on tick). You are preaching to the converted.Station will do a good job on it; he knows what he's doing. I just struggle with stuff like Corsas because the one I learned to drive in broke down on my driving test.

Did you pass?

I still don't understand why you're bothering.

Have you seen the price of 5 door novas ? If a Nova is worth that much, then sooner or later any Corsa will be worth twice as much as now. Plus EASY to diagnose and repair, and easy to swap bits from other models.

He also saw a pedestrian carrying a Netto carrier bag during the test, so he hates supermarkets.

*slow hand clap*

Mmm, yeah, because a car breaking down during a driving test isn't character building* in the slightest. Remind me of this the next time you go on a psychotic rant about Citroen Xsara Picassos in a thread about Citroen Xsara Picassos.

Enough.

I went and bought an early L plate 1400 GLS for a friend which had done incredibly low mileage with a good history etc and a years ticket for £225 buy it now on eBay about 4 months ago...

After driving it back I didn't want to give her the keys and it must be one of the last decent little Vauxhalls that money could buy..

The body is totally rust free on hers but it had the door bend like yours and some nice lacquer peel on the bonnet but I found peanut butter was best for getting the plastics back nice a black..

I couldn't belief how cheap these cars are to run and service as I think it cost less than £30 for a set of plugs and fully synthetic oil with both the oil and air filters and about 4 litres of fresh coolant.

But apparently she had her first big bill on it last week as it cost £15 to get a patch welded to the exhaust so it might have to be traded in for a new lease one or bridged soon lol...

She loves the car so much she could never part with it now so I suggested coating some old engine oil underneath for some winter protection (as I've got to find a way of getting rid of it lol) and don't want her to go to the expense of paying all that money out for wax oil lol..

I think they are total shit but what do I know, I like Minis.

However I am interested in seeing someone put the effort in and hopefully make a few quid out of it. Why not, if you have somewhere to do it and the mojo to get on with it. It's the sort of car that will always sell isn't it?

Looking forward to the "Dealing with mouth breathers/"expert" dads buying for their fit/fat daughter/will you take a Sony mega drive in part ex" chapter.

dugong, on 08 Oct 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

*slow hand clap*

Mmm, yeah, because a car breaking down during a driving test isn't character building* in the slightest. Remind me of this the next time you go on a psychotic rant about Citroen Xsara Picassos in a thread about Citroen Xsara Picassos.

Enough.

What, you mean like this one? http://autoshite.com/topic/17458-shitroen-xsara-pisscasso-opinions/?hl=picasso

But I suppose if you go back to 2013 there's this one, although in all fairness I did respond to the question in the title: http://autoshite.com/topic/13360-how-shit-are-picassos/?hl=picasso&do=findComment&comment=408571

Other than that, I tend to save my anti-Picasso invective for appropriately-titled threads such as "irrational hatred" or "car room 101". You don't believe me? Then do a search ;-)

As you were.