Piers Corbyn’s Vauxhall Cavalier for sale

Angrydicky

As above, this famous/infamous Cavalier which until recently was emblazoned with anti-ULEZ slogans has popped up for sale at Copart Sandy. Current bid £250.

I’m genuinely surprised to see it up for sale, I thought he’d be buried in it. 
It desperately needs saving if anyone fancies it! It’s a 1.8 petrol, manual and has mot until November. Why it’s ended up at Copart is anyone’s guess. The damage down the side is quite old and nothing to do with it.

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/51061633/clean-title-1995-vauxhall-cavalier-c-sandy

It’s a bit weird. There was no damage to the Cavalier in that accident and as far as I could see, hardly any damage to the van he reversed into.

No keys is maybe a clue. Piers obviously didn’t want to hand them over which points towards the bailiff scenario. But why would a bailiff bother lifting such a worthless car against a £44k debt?

54 minutes ago, Angrydicky said:

It’s a bit weird. There was no damage to the Cavalier in that accident and as far as I could see, hardly any damage to the van he reversed into.

No keys is maybe a clue. Piers obviously didn’t want to hand them over which points towards the bailiff scenario. But why would a bailiff bother lifting such a worthless car against a £44k debt?

They will lift anything that can be sold off. Selling that cav won’t touch the surface but they will still do it. 

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

I’m surprised they even auctioned it tbh, I’d have thought they’d have an agreement with the local breakers on really old tackle that might net £300 or whatever. Does look a tidy old thing though, shame the former owner is nuts! Though fair play to him for standing up. 

Think if something is seized, it has to openly auctioned and sold to the highest bidder, otherwise all sorts of allegations of corruption would be made,quite possibly justifiably. As it is, he has the opportunity to buy it back if he wants. Imagine the fuss he'd make if it mysteriously appeared on Car and Classic for £2995,former celebrity owner! 

12 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Check out the MOT history for this old shitheap. Lots of really clean passes over the years and the few advisories given have been very minor, for things like damaged number plates or headlamp beam pattern incorrect.

How has it escaped the tinworm? 

He's the sort to have a "friendly tester" I suspect 

4 minutes ago, DaveDorson said:

He's the sort to have a "friendly tester" I suspect 

I assumed the same but it looks like he only bought it in 2017, with two previous owners from new prior to him. The  clean passes look to have been fairly evenly distributed across tests over the years.