Jump to content


Full Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


fatharris last won the day on February 10

fatharris had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About fatharris

  • Rank
    Rank: Citroen Ami


  • Country
    United Kingdom

Recent Profile Visitors

939 profile views
  1. Smok update. A van was loaded. Twice. This handsome bastard was drafted in to assist. We passed an amusing set of graffiti We met with my friend Tony: And dropped the Mini off in his workshop: Whilst we were in there, we popped in and said hello to the Beat [emoji16] Then he messaged me this (the Celica bit is a wind up) All in all, big thanks to Phill for his help and Tony for taking the Mini in the deal [emoji16] Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. So, some changes have happened this month. Most momentous is this: Yep, the cover came off the Beat. It had been sat in the driveway for a couple of months after being evicted from the garage and@twosmoke300 alerted me to a car transport fella heading up country with an empty wagon. A quick message to my mate Tony to confirm he was happy to receive and a couple of days later, this happened: Drove up there itself overpowering the seized caliper so that's proven the clutch works. Also been the longest it's moved under it own steam in seven years! Bye bye Honda, see you again soon! To
  3. Drove 75 miles noticing the back end was a bit jigglier than usual. 5 psi in the rear left tyre. Also had a spongy brake pedal, that I put down to my new shoes at the time. About 30 miles later, just before joining the dual carriageway, the pedal went to the floor and stayed there. Brake pipe had rotted through and burst on the rear. 6 months later, same thing happened on the other side. All these faults where on the same Ford Puma, and after an engine bay electrical fire, I called it a day and sold it. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  4. I always forgot to add these to this thread:
  5. I like the look of them but fuck paying what people are after. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  6. Always fun to see what you've fitted in the back every time! [emoji16] Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. Life is too short to drive generic cars [emoji23] Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  8. It does, doesn't it? Interestingly, this is the longest period I've been without buying a new car (BX in October '19). Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  9. Cheers man, my neighbour has his in the position, but thanks to the position of his garage, pretty much the entirety of my garden and driveway is illuminated for security [emoji16] Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  10. You certainly did! [emoji16] I got the piss ripped out of me royally at work but it was worth it. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  11. When we bought this house in '16, the garage had a partition room at the back. Fully soundproofed, it was the previous owners' music room. For a couple of years, we left it at that, using the back room to stores the Mini bits, and the main garage held the shell, my tools and the tumble drier. Eventually, I bought the MX-5 and decided I'd much rather have it nice and dry in the evenings, so after a few beers, I got my hammers out and took the partition wall down. Took a while, but eventually, I was left with no wall, but a lot of mess to clean up: Eventually, af
  12. At least the final two are nice and quick: Mini: Absolutely cock-all has been done to it, as usual. This has been with me for too long, so as soon as lockdown is over, it is moving on to a new owner. It's been with me in one way or another since 2012, but a bare, hacked up shell since 2015. It's going to my friend Tony, along with all the panels and new bits I'd accumulated for it. Tony restores cars for fun, so we did a deal... Beat: ...and the deal was Tony gets the Beat solid and pretty in exchange for the Mini. This was another project that stalled, mainly with work and
  13. Herman (BMW 728i): Bloody hell, December '18 was the last update? Well, 2019 was uneventful until the end really. I went away with work and left Herman on base with the battery connected. Got back at 3am after six weeks and he juuuuuuuust fired up. The battery is a shitey ECP 'Lion' branded one, so I wasn't surprised. Glad it worked though. It went for an MOT: With not too bad a fail list - I already had the brake hoses and one of the arms in the boot for fitting. Once again, @twosmoke300got me the desired pass, and as a billy bonus, lent me the Seicento courtesy ca
  14. MX-5 Christ, last update Aug '19? Well, after the MOT pass, came a service: (Don't worry, it went on stands immediately!) Luckily, my friend gave me some OEM service parts when I bought the car off him: Can't remember why it was jacked on the back end - pretty sure it was also having a rear spring and a handbrake adjust. After that, it was parked up for the winter whilst I was away with work. Came home and she fired up first turn of the key Ended up using it in all weathers as the sheer joy of roof down motoring made the
  15. Laguna: MrsH's daily, and a damn fine motor too. This is the car we usually use if we go out as a family together, we're all very affectionate of it. Last update I gave saw the old girl receive some fettling for an MOT in January '20. This was a bit of a ballache for me, as this was just one of three cars I owned that had an MOT straight after Christmas. We therefore decided to MOT it in August to start spacing them out. It did fail: But @twosmoke300 did what he does and got us back on the road with a locally manufactured power steering hose and a spot of welding. As
  • Create New...