eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1242428

remember when most, if not all of Allegro's running about were like this?

a bit down at heel, cos they weren't a "loved" car when new, but still a nice,solid car that was in use every day?

this one is like that.  it sounds like a nice old thing.

i have the feeling that this must belong to someone on here.

1976 Austin Allegro 1300.  Very solid & drives well. For Sale (picture 1 of 6)

2 hours ago, egg said:

Reminds me, I was out for a drive on Sunday afternoon and an aquamarine '55 burbled past, driven by a Richard Branson lookalike.  Made me smile.

20200708_101006.jpg.6ba8636b7dd63d3b2214ac4453d7596d.jpg

"IF IT'S YOUR THING TO CATCH THE EXPECTED INCREASE IN WEDDINGS THIS COULD BE THE CAR FOR YOU."

20200708_101157.thumb.jpg.283ab618f4b207f671b55eba7b480687.jpg

Ever been to a wedding?

Turn up to collect the Bride or her mother in that and I think the wedding might be off...?

I rest my case. I'm off to make a coffee and calm down.

1 hour ago, BeEP said:

Just the thing for the London ULEZ.

Big - Dirty - Diesel - Annoying - Exempt! I'm on the hunt now for something horrible to run round  London in and rev the nuts off outside City Hall creating a cloud of fumes. 

But seriously folks looks a nice project. Tax Mot Exempt and might drive ok..might...that diesel may top out at 3000 rpm.

43 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Last on the road about 1985 according to the DVLA - difficult to establish the provenance of this kind of bag of bits when it comes to Coopers*? Presumably the records still exist? Who would want the wheels to come off their antique roadtrip??

*my legal department has agreed this wording - particularly the term 'difficult'

20200708_111519.jpg

Interesting additional point - Charlie Ross  (L) went to the same school as me...

2 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

DAMM that is flipping fantastic and shit at the same time.   I'd like to own that and swap the block for a 3.2 out of an omega. 

Edited by New POD
I noticed it's been off the road for 7 years and is basically fucked

Fancy an XJR cheap?  Only problem is, it needs dragging back from France

https://www.lotsearch.net/lot/1993-jaguar-xj40-rhd-no-reserve-49718034

xjr.thumb.jpg.3e4dbffe799bf275b87944f3c1fc5fc2.jpg

Loads of other tat in the sale too.  Anybody brave enough to take on a 1968 Berliet PCM-RE double deck bus?

Someone spotted this over the weekend and posted it on @trigger's excellent East Coast Retros facebook page - and it really piqued my interest.  It's for sale 3 miles from my parents, it's a local Ipswich car with HDX suffix to match my Mini.  My parents nearly always had a japanese car on fleet, and we were regulars at Carrs Honda in Ipswich - trudging around the forecourt once a month to see what had arrived.  In fact, my parents had an earlier bronze Civic.

79814f82-1481-4bc0-b94a-0175a001ef17.thumb.jpg.b4ffae8f8d649408894343ab6f7a2340.jpg

Two owners.  23,000 on the clock.  

I got bored waiting for my Dad to go and speak to the garage owner - so called him up.  Today.  We know the proprietor, he used to service and look after my Nan's Mini back in the 80s.  He wants £2495 for it which, on balance, is probably about right.  

I'd dearly love to buy it but it's about £500 more than I'm comfortable paying for it and I don't need 1 car at the moment - never mind 7.

I imagine he only gave the old girl a few hundred quid for it as "it's an old car love" which is a further frustration, but I never resent someone earning a living.  I just wish they'd not to it at my expense sometimes!!!

Anyway - if anyone's serious (he'll not welcome being fucked about) then it's at Brands Garage in Trimley.