What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I think the trouble is I'm eating food like I used to smoke fags, mostly out of boredom and it's becoming very hard to stop.

When I was on steroids for my arthritis I used to eat carrots as I felt like I was starving the entire time, I used to get through a bag a day, but better than stacking the weight on. I went for three years on one small meal a day and still put a couple of stone on! Then they put me on methotrexate and the weight fell off, partly as I couldn't face eating anything.

Watching Ballymena United v Carrick Rangers on Sky Sports 2. You can tell that the camera operators are used to covering the Premier League, as when the players take off with the ball, the camera sweeps up the pitch, miles ahead of them. Not quite the same pace in the Irish League!

I joined a weight loss 'club' at work where you team up with a handful of others and try and lose the most. One week in and I've managed to gain 1lb.

Anyhow, I signed up for one of those 'spin' classes a girl my wife knows runs, and had my first go this morning. She was an absolute lunatic and it highlighted just how unfit I am.

I Joined the gym at the arse end of last year i go 3 times a week, i feel much better in myself for the exercise and the gaining of strength, ive lost about 2 stone in flab as well, my body is apparently 8% fat now

I Joined the gym at the arse end of last year i go 3 times a week, i feel much better in myself for the exercise and the gaining of strength, ive lost about 2 stone in flab as well, my body is apparently 8% fat now

Well done on the weight loss, 8% fat is bloody low - Roughly where a pro cyclist is at the end of a grand tour such as the TdF

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sounds about right . Did a pre mot on a 55 plate mazda 3 yesterday - good god .

Both outer sills front and back , both sill end caps , rear subframe rotten , inner sills at the back and fuel filler neck .

I didn't even jack it up !

Ooh fuck

DSC_0143_zpsmddyckcd.jpg

This isn't getting better

DSC_0145_zpsctkitvgr.jpg

Commence pigeon shit

DSC_0147_zpsbhwhiiwz.jpg

DSC_0151_zps9pmkycai.jpg

DSC_0152_zps4z0sey7z.jpg

Yes I know I didn't put the lap joint bit back in but who'll notice when it's filled and painted?

Well done on the weight loss, 8% fat is bloody low - Roughly where a pro cyclist is at the end of a grand tour such as the TdF

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cheers mate the exact figure was 8.4% at 11st earlier in the week, i still have the task to carry on muscle building, i am going for lean muscle instead of pure size

Self-dentistry rocks!

I've attacked a broken rear molar in my lower jaw that was cutting my tongue with a rotary engraving tool in the past...it was a good 12 or so years before a dentist saw it.

Why was it broken? There was an impacted wisdom tooth breaking it up!

I pulled out a rear molar with some curved pliers, as I kept getting infections under it, and it became loose.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

I accidentally clicked like on that post when browsing on my phone earlier.

I feel that I should just confirm that it was totally accidental and I'm not a complete thick bastard like laddo here who thinks it's fantastic news that American companies will soon be able to pour glowing green industrial waste into rivers and stuff.

"green industrial waste".........."rivers and stuff"................where are you getting your strange ideas from.???

"thick bastard like laddo here".......???      One of the two of us is misinformed.............one of us is not.

This is the grin thread, it would be good if some folk remember that, ........and not get offended........ because they happen to have a different idea of reality.

Research, Study and Learn.................I suggest basic Science to begin with...............and yes..........I'm grinning.

Yes, I know nothing about basic science. On your advice I'll go and read about "basic science" and I'll get back to you when I've read enough to make me think that, actually, 99% of independent scientists are wrong, and it's the oil companies who are right - we're taking too much care of the planet and that it's a good idea to pollute it even more especially if it can make a lot of money for some companies. 

I probably wouldn't wait up for me though because it might take a while.

The BBC Radio 4 adaptation of Lord of the Rings. The scene where Boromir attempts to take the Ring from Frodo is almost certainly my favorite and IMO much better than the films, which almost seemed to rush the scene like they were getting short on run time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKyOG_rv0A4

- jump to 44:20

Yes, I know nothing about basic science. On your advice I'll go and read about "basic science" and I'll get back to you when I've read enough to make me think that, actually, 99% of independent scientists are wrong, and it's the oil companies who are right - we're taking too much care of the planet and that it's a good idea to pollute it even more especially if it can make a lot of money for some companies. 

I probably wouldn't wait up for me though because it might take a while.

I have to like your post....................your still a erm a buddy I suppose .............I just wish people would please try to glean some very substantial facts via learning from study............and sort the chaff from the wheat...so to say.........Oh, and substitute the word company from the word government............and 99% scientistsLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL.  Research my friend.

Still laughing on the grin thread. :-D

Ragged senseless for a day and half 300 miles

Used just over 6 gallons

Caned it up the n52 private race track saw 4 cars and Audi that followed me thru kells disappeared in The twisty bit after that :)

1.2 apparently

And the sun came out as I dropped it off

But this at 8am - the reason I didn't use the bike

P5b spotted this morning coming other way near delvin

post-4817-0-12148400-1487505997_thumb.jpg

post-4817-0-50741900-1487506014_thumb.jpg

post-4817-0-55159100-1487506037_thumb.jpg

post-4817-0-12084900-1487506123_thumb.jpg

Back door sorted! Rick came round, collected it and took it away to attend, just returned and all is once again spot on. It's jolly useful having a good (great) painter on retainer :)

Especially one that seems to be quite keen to get away from the wife and kids, even on a Sunday!

Back door sorted! Rick came round, collected it and took it away to attend, just returned and all is once again spot on. It's jolly useful having a good (great) painter on retainer :)

Especially one that seems to be quite keen to get away from the wife and kids, even on a Sunday!

Now take the kia out & run over the chugger scum fucknugget who damaged it.