The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I know where mine are, I have a facelift and a pre facelift c64 at my mum's as well as a Vic 20, manuals, old magazines etc Rucks of games both tapes and cartridges, I should really dig them out, I doubt I'd remember how to load a tape on them now, I do have an Atari 2800 at mine for retro gaming

Tape on either commodore shift+run/stop. Disk on either load"*",8,1

I know where mine are, I have a facelift and a pre facelift c64 at my mum's as well as a Vic 20, manuals, old magazines etc Rucks of games both tapes and cartridges, I should really dig them out, I doubt I'd remember how to load a tape on them now, I do have an Atari 2800 at mine for retro gaming

I think I recall Left Shift+Break to load tapes on a Vic20.

No mate. Had the proton from here,fetched the spares proton from Kent other night. Wife took really ill so was trying to get home and the ATF cooler on my proton gave out and took gearbox with it. Had it recovered home and decided to use the spares car I bought instead. Checked it over and found the shell was twisted from the shunt it had. Couldn't change gearbox over quick enough with wife being ill and doctors appointments etc (she isn't allowed to drive at the minute) made the decision to cut my losses and got rid of both of the knackered protons. Picked up the picasso in very tidy overall condition and MOT till Feb for 280 quid

They've just jump started this using a quadbike and a long rope dragging it back and forth in the yard. Sounds nice once running. 1972 365.

Found it for sale at Bonhams on Saturday - https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1057713

estimate £520-£580,000 (battery presumably not included!)

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24880/#/w0=list&aj0=lot_number_asc&m0=0&aa0=1&MR0_length=10

post-8687-0-44804300-1543489827_thumb.jpg

No mate. Had the proton from here,fetched the spares proton from Kent other night. Wife took really ill so was trying to get home and the ATF cooler on my proton gave out and took gearbox with it. Had it recovered home and decided to use the spares car I bought instead. Checked it over and found the shell was twisted from the shunt it had. Couldn't change gearbox over quick enough with wife being ill and doctors appointments etc (she isn't allowed to drive at the minute) made the decision to cut my losses and got rid of both of the knackered protons. Picked up the picasso in very tidy overall condition and MOT till Feb for 280 quid

Petrol or diesel? Does it have sills?

Tomorrow, I begin a lengthy several-day collection caper/roadtrip thing. I depart here at 7am to head to Kent for work purposes, then the excitement happens on Sunday - bye bye Rover, hello new steed. Might go all old-school on the caper right up and put it all together afterwards, like we did in the good old days. No poo count.

Tomorrow, I begin a lengthy several-day collection caper/roadtrip thing. I depart here at 7am to head to Kent for work purposes, then the excitement happens on Sunday - bye bye Rover, hello new steed. Might go all old-school on the caper right up and put it all together afterwards, like we did in the good old days. No poo count.

If you're coming to 'proper' Kent, welcome to test my Mazda 323, but expect you have enough on with work and exciting collecsions.

Even though as per my thread, it is a 'fire risk'...

I'm a proper Picasso perv now after my dalliance with a 1.6 8v earlier in the year. It was a massive surprise how good it was to drive and be inside.

Good luck with yours Daz, and I hope things improve for the missus.

I believe the 02 plated exclusive is still roaming around here somewhere. Now sporting a 2.0 manual engine and box and different panels. I would not need to buy a van either. Very spacious,very comfortable and surprisingly economical and nippy for a small engine

Some cunt nicked my phone out of my van today. Left it outside the job for 10 minutes unlocked and got my reward.

New one bought and old one stopped but I've lost all my contacts and all my pictures.

All of the Mercedes pics are gone as are many,many others.

I paid £60 brand new for it,it's worthless second hand.

Fuckers.

I'd been thinking of getting my dad a spare wheel for his Auris for Christmas - he's had two punctures in the less than a year he's owned the car, and both have involved getting the AA out as the silly bottle of monkey spunk which came with the car wouldn't fix the holes.  Looking on eBay and the amounts people are asking for space saver spares is absurd - like 80 quid for a second hand one.  So I quickly gave up on that idea.  Then quite by chance earlier today I discovered that the space saver from the HR-V will, with the addition of £2-'orth of eBay spigot ring, fit straight on the Auris.

Sorted.

In other news, had to go to a funeral today. Pleasant as these things go, with a lovely vibe to it. Not too forlorn and very celebratory.

Naturally, my head was turned by the funeral cars - Australian things is about all I've got. I was amused that the hearse actually had a rear wiper...

I didn't take pics.

They would be ford Fairmont station wagons. Possibly badged up as Verte, Usually equipped with a 4.0 straight 6 and factory lpg. Last of the proper Aussie station wagons, would happily daily one here.

They would be ford Fairmont station wagons. Possibly badged up as Verte, Usually equipped with a 4.0 straight 6 and factory lpg. Last of the proper Aussie station wagons, would happily daily one here.

Also known as Ford Mk10

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264047376919

http://www.zenithclassics.co.uk/cars/ford-mk10-bf-dorchester-63

Hiding under duvet .. Some one/thing just tapped at the bedroom door . tap tap tap tap .......tap tap ..... Went out and nothing . night staff not seen or heard nowt .. So goodnight from the corner of a gothic 100 year old building .outer room door is locked. Chair under 2nd door handle ........