The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Nice plate on the bike

The father in law has just bought that, it's a CBR600FF Xray, apparently, looks quite snazzy in orange and grey.

In other news last night some woman got her Range Rover Sport stuck on Felixstowe beach during the storms while trying to retrieve a jet ski, after spending the night bobbing about in the sea some hobos turned up this afternoon to try and wince it out with a pair of Transits during the Felixstowe carnival whilst the whole of the town watched, obviously this all goes completely tits up for them, as you can see...

https://www.facebook.com/everythingfelixstowe.co.uk/videos/684339725242954/

The father in law has just bought that, it's a CBR600FF Xray, apparently, looks quite snazzy in orange and grey.

In other news last night some woman got her Range Rover Sport stuck on Felixstowe beach during the storms while trying to retrieve a jet ski, after spending the night bobbing about in the sea some hobos turned up this afternoon to try and wince it out with a pair of Transits during the Felixstowe carnival whilst the whole of the town watched, obviously this all goes completely tits up for them, as you can see...

I've been following that (RR) tread, Trig. Unbelievable how daft some people are.

Fucking hell what a fiasco

My old next door neighbour leant his Toyota carina with a tow bar a mate to take his jet ski to the beach. He said you can borrow it But DO NOT take in the beach.

Clearly his mate took it ion the beach and promptly got it totally stuck as the tide came in.

He got the phone call and tried to tow it out with his 3.0 senator (fucking clearly a terrible tow vehicle on the sand ) and got that stuck too. The both of them ended up getting washed out sea and ended up in the daily record. Try filling that one out on your insurance claim .

Fucking hell what a fiasco

My old next door neighbour leant his Toyota carina with a tow bar a mate to take his jet ski to the beach. He said you can borrow it But DO NOT take in the beach.

Clearly his mate took it ion the beach and promptly got it totally stuck as the tide came in.

He got the phone call and tried to tow it out with his 3.0 senator (fucking clearly a terrible tow vehicle on the sand ) and got that stuck too. The both of them ended up getting washed out sea and ended up in the daily record. Try filling that one out on your insurance claim .

Still, I bet he didn't owe as much in finance payments as the owner of that Range Rover probably did...

I was waiting for a winch cable to snap and take someone’s leg off.

You can appreciate how dodgy it was by how far back the police and proper recovery guys pushed the bystanders.

It was an 11 year old chavved up RRS so only £8k or so, I don’t imagine that a night in the sea will have made it any less reliable...

There’s an old series 3 Land Rover under Hayle beach, in Cornwall. I used to go there on holiday a lot and one year someone took the Landy down onto the sand to drag a jet ski back in but it got stuck. Tide came in and flipped it over. Once the tide went back out it was half buried but it had gone so far down the beach recovering it was pretty much not worth trying so it was left. The next year I went back there was a solitary tyre and wheel poking out of the sand covered in seaweed!

It’ll be long gone by now, probably buried some way down. It made the local papers at the time I seem to remember.

Talking of jet ski’s, a mate at work is into them. Years ago him and his mate used to take their ski’s down to Lee-on-Solent in the back of a Transit tipper, reverse the Transit down the slipway into the sea far enough to float the ski’s out of the back. Then do the same thing to get them out.

You can imagine what all the salt water did to the Transit! The chassis collapsed and it had to be scrapped after a few years of it!

Why did they not just fill it with rocks?

Missus chariot now had eyebrows and eye liner touch up[/qu want to ote]

i want to hate it. I want to hate your wife. But something tells me that i don't. I'm just really really really amazed at the brazen vulgarity of it all.

The anti social anarchistic rebellion that says fuck your brains out with pink.

Why did they not just fill it with rocks?

soon as I saw the first truck drive onto the sand I thought " they dont know what they are doing "

next time ...2 miles of rope , keep tow on a hard surface , wait for tide to go out

Probably would have been better attaching a few inflatables to it and waiting for the tide to refloat it. Could have been fun seeing where it ended up

2026. Residents of small Bangladesh village receive largest message in a bottle ever recorded, Message said “buy milk, meet on beach, DONT park on sand”

Message on dashboard also. That one said “Air suspension inoperative”

You've got to just love a chancer.  

What made me laugh was when the RECOVERY TRUCK turned up at the end, without ceremony and just did it.  The poor guys in the Transits probably though they had the right tool for the job.  Only one word of that is correct...

Do you reckon they were trying for marine salvage rights?

I live on the NE coast of England and "bogged on the beach" is a regular feature including an ambulance and a drowned Lifeboat launch tractor in recent years. Not all caught out have RR's and jet skis though they're here as well.

Still, I bet he didn't owe as much in finance payments as the owner of that Range Rover probably did...

57 plate with chavy red bits. Or is it supposed to be a private reg?

Not expensive to start with and worthless now.

Skinny tyres too probably helped it get stuck.

Hilarious video though.

In fairness to the Transit lads they were just trying to help someone who was stranded. Probably not the greatest idea they've ever had, but at least they tried. 

This past week I've been mostly working on the moderns*.

Wife's golf needed a new shock on the front. As per, everything that could go wrong, did.

post-5582-0-66394300-1532853256_thumb.jpg

The pinch bolt sheared, then the drop link played awkward bastards. The nut loosened fine but then the whole thing turned. The spline head rounded off. Tried the other end of the drop link, but exactly the same happened. Nut freed then tightened on the exposed thread and despite having a half inch drive spline bit, the hole just rounded off.

post-5582-0-41012200-1532853367_thumb.jpg

I decided to drop the wishbone to make like easier*. Big mistake.

The bottom ball joint needed heat on the nut to free off. Can't get a socket on it so had two spanners for leverage and came close to rounding it off.

Then the TRE, which I should have left well alone, fucked up as well.

post-5582-0-25894500-1532853830_thumb.jpg

Came close to losing the rag and scrapping the whole thing.

All done now and mot passed with new drop link and TRE. At least the brake pads were easy, but there's dampness on the fuel cooler (didn't even know it had one) so more trials and tribulations to come.

Then it was the turn of the Santa Fe.

Both back brakes were grinding so new discs and pads were acquired.

They're disc and drum combined and I had a helluva job getting the first one off. Once off, I could see how the handbrake shoes adjust, so the second one was easy.

A bearing is starting to rumble so thought I'd swap it over.

post-5582-0-32933900-1532854655_thumb.jpg

It's the whole hub you change which is attached with four bolts. The heads are very awkward to get at and look like spline jobs. post-5582-0-32033900-1532854731_thumb.jpg

My bit couldn't fit passed the abs ring.

Think I'll give this to the garage to do.